Ive been messing with the loach and im impressed---the sing-miss recons are cool but the poo would be a campaign of sorts---any takers or how hard would it be? Thanks all...

Sorry, I simply do not understand what you mean

I guess, he wants to say, that he likes flying recon-missions with the OH-6 (Loach/Little Bird) helicopters and asks if there's a dedicated campaign for it. :)

• Like 1

Wow, what translator told you that result  :blink:

From the context, I would say yes.. you are right, but i dont read it in his post 

Edited by 76.IAP-Blackbird
  • Like 3

Sorry Guys...Nyghtfall nailed it...he likes flying recon-missions with the OH-6 (Loach/Little Bird) helicopters and asks if there's a dedicated campaign for it. :)...

I put Yakarov79s, OH-6A Loaches in NAM 1.25 in my Nam mod folder. Ive flown a few heli sims in my time---and this ship stands up to anything in its time---impressive.

I understand theres fuel restrictions/ distance, and mission types problems...but if these helis can be plug and play in single mission---which is amazing, im sure a campaign is possible...

And yes I do understand how difficult mission building is---I have trouble enough plugging a ship into a campaign...

• Like 1

Don't think helis will be supported...too many variables...

Don't think helis will be supported...too many variables...

They will but I saw another problem

If you open your AH-6F_LittleBird_DATA.INI file from your AH-6F_LittleBird Folder

you will see

ServiceStartYear=1984

ServiceEndYear=1989

That does'nt really match with the Vietnam War period (1964-1975)

Edited by Eole

Thats odd...as a not-smart-enough-to-mod-anything, im not sure what that effects...

But the OH-6A should be fine for flying in a 'Nam campaign though and you could add the AH-6F to a more modern campaign.

Allen...you make it sound like the ship could fly in the nam campaign---how would this be possible---should I try plugging the heli into a nam campaign?

Yes Allen ive done this ship replacement before---its a bit tricky, and requires some concentration...but is in fact doable.

So with out being able to write a light-recon type campaign for the LBird... I might try to plug the Apache into an existing campaign and test it there...

Modders could probably write a camp for both helis in a few hours---and I aint no modder lol

Tappedos give it a try

Yakarov OH-6A Loach - 1972 Campaign

1972-Loach_Campaign.7z

Oups I missed something

go to your Campaign\EasterOffensive2 folder

open the EasterOffensive2.INI file

[CampaignData]
CampaignName=1972-0332 Easter Offensive (+Little Bird)
DataFile=EasterOffensive2_DATA.INI
CampaignMap=SouthVietnam
Service001=USAF
Service002=USN
Service003=USMC
Service004=USA // Add this

Save

or

Re-install this

1972-Loach_Campaign_Fixed.7z

And you will get this

post-9101-0-39445300-1463934881_thumb.jpg

post-9101-0-22969000-1463934899_thumb.jpg

post-9101-0-79433500-1463934936_thumb.jpg

Edited by Eole
  • Like 1

Ive got no 11-acr thunderhorse to choose...im missing something im guessing---when I pack what units are there, I freeze or CTD...

FYI---the folder im running out of only has SF2/VN___only

Edited by Tappedops

Ok got 11-ACR as a choice but still CTDing...  hmmm

im seeing 11-ACR...  with no thunderhorse after it ...

Edited by Tappedops

ok did you have your OH-6A properly installed ?

If not sure about it below the download link

http://combatace.com/files/go/008bd35455b15cba5e70f0ee86e49f4d/oh-6a-loaches-in-nam

Don't forget the fix

Then open the OH-6A.rar file

drag & drop all the content at the root of your mod Folder ( ex : C:\Users\Eole\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Vietnam)

open the fix for it OH-6A_FIX.rar ( the 2 files OH-6A_LOACH.INI & OH-6A_LOACH.lod must go in your Aircraft\OH-6A_Loach folder

That's all

Edited by Eole

I crash sometimes too when launching the campaign I duno why ( perhaps a problem with some airbase)

But if I succeed in the campaign creation I can go flying

post-9101-0-50566200-1463938690_thumb.jpg

Edited by Eole

just noticed the squadron list thing...ill try to paste it up and renumber it correctly

First of all --A big Thanks to Eole for going to the trouble of putting a Loach camp together for me. unfortunately I cant get it to work in my folder as is, probably because im missing something. (BTW Eole, what is merged in your main game folder...if you can post a pic---I could try to copy it and see if that's the problem...Thanks Again

I was able to place the loach(1st/9th) into KJakkers highly *Classified* Rolling Thunder Expanded/Edited campaign and its working great so far and I will keep flying this for now... this is not to say that im giving up on Eoles campaign...but after trouble shooting for 3 days I just need rest.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me...