I've been trying all day to install the 3 part Korean Air War Mod....I have all the SF series SF2,,SFE,,SFI,,SFV..SF NA..Plus the 2 expansion packs and the work fine...Updated to Jul 2013.Following the instructions I copied my Vietnam.exe and renamed it StrikeFighters2 Korea and ran it went in and messed with the config but didn't create a Korea folder in my users\Saved Games folder I tried manually creating  it and copying things in but it wouldn't run Korea,,Any help in getting this beauty to fly would be appreciated,,,,,,Running win 7 with sp1 installed

Hi rwatson

You should have the mods Folder in a location such as:

C:\Users\Spectre8750\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 WarForIsrael

Go their and open the Options.ini and edit at the bottom if you want to locate the Mods into another

location such as:

[Mods]
ModsEnabled=TRUE
Directory=D:\InstalledGames\ThirdWire\Saved Games\StrikeFighters2 WarForIsrael
Editors=StrikeFighters2

[screenShots]
Directory=D:\InstalledGames\ThirdWire\Saved Games\StrikeFighters2 WarForIsrael\ScreenShots
Format=BMP

The new Mod folder will be made when you run the game again. Do not edit it if you don't want another location.

Once you've established the Mod location you want add the Mod files to that location and everything should show up ok.

Edited by Spectre8750

My third wire sims are stored in C:\Users\Ruski\Saved Games\Third Wire.......Is this where the KAW folder would show up??? I was expecting to see a Korea folder when I ran the renamed exe.

I looked at my options in the  Vietnam  folder and it reads

C:\Users\Ruski\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Vietnam...

.Does this need to be edited to SF2 Korea before running the renamed Vietnam EXE.??Mods =True is enabled.Sorry a bit lost on this one.Thank you for the reply

As per the instructions...

1. Set up the Mod folder.

a. Go to the SF2 root directory, make a copy of an .exe of choice (i.e. StrikeFighters2 Vietnam.exe), and rename it to StrikeFighters2 Korea.exe. Run it once, set game options. When setting graphics, recommend turning off shadows (Shadows: Low). Exit the game.
b. Go to the generated mod folder (C:\Users\[username]\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Korea\), delete the objects folder.

ill be on this thread all night if you need help...

rwatson: see pic and note the two boxed areas that show the mod folder location

th_Untitled-1_zpswmqoaiyv.jpg

This folder shouldn't be manually created, but once you make a "StrikeFighters2 Korea.exe", and run it, the folder is automatically generated.

e.g. if you make a copy of any one of the sf2 exes and name it, say, "My_Own_Mod.exe", then run it, then a mod folder called "My_Own_Mod" will be generated over there.

Edited by Do335

Yes I'm renaming StrikeFighters2 Vietnam to StrikeFighters2 Korea I run it and reset some of the options in game file but the users\Saved games\Third Wire\ doesn't show a Korea folder so I can proceed with the terrain install and go on from there.I only have the 5 standard SF titles  in there.

OOOKKK   I figured it out I was just renaming SF2 Vietnam to FS2 Korea ,,I changed that to SF2 Korea.EXE. Ran it and got the proper Korea folder in the Users/saved games dir.I just assumed the Korea would run as an application ...Now I got the folder and can proceed with deleting objects folder add terrain and so forth......Thanks guys for bearing with me hopefully all will go ok from here.

eh?... This seems a strange one, never met/read about it for sure...

Could it be windows UAC related or something else?

Okie sniped ... Make sure the name texts match. Computers are dumb.

Edited by Do335

Cool---ill keep an eye out till 10 pm pst or so--- your on the right track...

Finally after many tries I got her running..I can setup missions and run campaigns..Imstant action locks it up but no troubles there I just set up single missions..Still a mystery why I have to have to have exe after the Korea but I'm going to zip the good install up and try to edit it out of the titles ini files etc.I'm leaving the compatability settings alone and running straight win 7 should I change this to xp or 98????

One thing I forgot to mention, my fault, is when you MAKE A COPY of your EXE then rename it to SF2 Korea.exe is to do the same to the INI file too. If you use, D:\InstalledGames\ThirdWire\Strike Fighters 2 where the main install is and if you use StrikeFighters2 Vietnam.exe and rename it SF2 Korea.exe, you need to do the same with the StrikeFighters2 Vietnam.ini and rename it SF2 Korea.ini.

Edited by Spectre8750

Thanks Spectre..Yes I renamed all to  strikeFighters2 Korea.exe.including the ini file in the main folder ...I don't know why I need the exe on the end but it's running sweet "so if it ain't broke don't fix it"..been flying user created missions..Instant action locks up but I've been reading and it seems to be something wit aircraft type and start dates.But campaigns are good and can create missions...Only question is how can you set missions to ground start which is what I prefer

• Like 1

edit. i see what's happening with IA. Open "Options.ini" in your Mod folder, and replace in [instantAction] section with this

[instantAction]
AircraftType=F-86E-10
MissionMap=Korea3
StartTime=15:30:00
StartDate=09/18/1951
StartTimeDeviation=120
TextureSet=0
NationalMarking=0
SquadronMarking=0
AircraftNumber=0
KillMarking=0

see if this gets it.

Edited by Do335

tried to add this to the last post but wasn't allowed

Ok went in options.ini in the mods folder and single mission was set for flying F4-e's in 1964 looked at my user created mission which was set to fly a Panther recon mission copied the necessary entries to instant action and it works..Also my start date was 1964 and reset that to 1951--1953..Seems to be good so far.Instant action always flies what the edit shows.So I got it set for Corsairs CAS ,,Next step is to throw in the bombing range..I keep a copy of the last good install zipped just in case

• Like 1

Hi

I have to revisit this topic...I'm reinstalling all of SF2  got it running great..Next trying to do Korea,,,Properly renamed Vietnam.EXE and the ini to Korea.exe...When I run it I can enter the game and sit in the cockpit but it stops there it won't accept any keyboard input I have to do the 3 finger salute to get out..I can't proceed with the install until something is written to my mod folder ...any help as always is appreciated

Just as a point of reference..I'm installing the PTO mod from the other place and it started off fine,,went in and all the keystrokes worked but Korea they don't

Edited by rwatson