X8X8X

Flying without joystick?

Hi,

I know this game was designed for joysticks way back then. But is it possible to fly without? I tried FreeFalcon but couldn't figure out anything in terms of controls.

Thanks.

Best regards,

X8X8X

in short yes and no. yes it is technically playable without a joystick but no it will not be near as enjoyable. even an xbox 360 controller is better than keyboard and mouse in my opinion but for $40 at the nearest microcenter you can pick up a decent HOTAS that will make flying fun.

• Like 1

I have tried playing falcon BMS 4.33 with keyboard and mouse only because I didn't have my flight set up, but wanted to get the sim running. It is possible and I managed to fly a campaign mission from the ramp and successfully bomb a target and return to base.

Yes it's possible but annoying and you have no precision of flight controls. It's all or nothing.

You can easily get a simple joystick that's not a HOTAS and fly just fine and still be effective in combat. You just need to learn keystrokes or where the buttons are in the pit.

Edited by Mizuez