Are there other sites that have SF2 mods?

I had many sites for SF1 but alas, lost them all over time.

Thanks,

savagcl

There are other sites, but this one is the one with all the modds, so nothing on any of those you wont find on here, except for A-Teams site, but I wouldn't recommend that one as trying to register is a nightmare, and the idiot who runs it is an  even worse night mare.

The other sites stuff tend to be of dubious quality (flight models and skins) and getting access is similar to filing for a gun permit through the KGB. the one thing I give grudging credit for is they have several birds we dont have like Constellations. But in some areas like the Viggen, A-37 and Sea Knight that is slowly changing

No special mods (but open to new mods).

Was just curious. I remember all those sites for SF1 and was wondering if they made the switch to SF2.

I like the WW2 aircraft and a few jets (mostly just for the speed). First Eagles was a fun trip also.

The grand canyon terrain was fun and a challenge to fly at max speed while trying not to get up

close and personal with a canyon wall.

I know this site has the best most accurate mods and it really appreciated by me. I'm not a modder

myself but i love this game. Flying around and getting to blow s**t up is a good stress relieve!!!  :biggrin:

thanks for the feedback,

savagcl

• Like 1

most, nearly all of the old SF1 sites just simply died...

Well, shucks, hopefully it was just the sites!

savagcl

um...??? if the sites are dead and gone, so are all the files they carried

I think most everything outside of DAT has been moved here in some form or another.

The other sites stuff tend to be of dubious quality (flight models and skins) and getting access is similar to filing for a gun permit through the KGB. the one thing I give grudging credit for is they have several birds we dont have like Constellations. But in some areas like the Viggen, A-37 and Sea Knight that is slowly changing

What is stopping the Modders at this site from making Constellations or any other type of aircraft which the A-Team site has.  :dntknw:  :dntknw:  :dntknw:

As far as I am aware there is no legal boundary which prevents Modders making similar aircraft or indeed the same aircraft. The only thing I would like to see is that all aircraft are both SF 1 and SF 2  compatible.

What is stopping the Modders at this site from making Constellations or any other type of aircraft which the A-Team site has.  :dntknw:  :dntknw:  :dntknw:

I think the major problem is time and the amount of 3D-people available. And since 3DMax2007/8/9 isn't easy available these days, it becomes more and more difficult to increase this number.

Edited by Nyghtfall
  • Like 1

What is stopping the Modders at this site from making Constellations or any other type of aircraft which the A-Team site has

Lack of interest

Lack of interest

Lack of time...

Lack of software. I'd loooove to start making 3d-Models, and I'm mostly interested in props.

All of the above, plus the fact that is has been done, even if at an unaccessable location.

shouldn't that be inaccessable? (could have been an English major ... i'm always correcting people grammer!)

also, given the fact that transports really don't have anything purpose in the game, other than eye candy, what real good would a C-69 be??

Even the EC-121 / WV-2 would only be usable in the "Naval_Search" mode with NA as part of a full - 5 merged. Again, just eye candy, as there's no data link coding in game for "remote radar viewing" (like what Fighters Anthology had -- you could run radar silent, but still "see" using the AWACs data link capabililty)

Lack of interest

Well I don't know about anybody else but I am certainly interested in getting hold of some more planes, just can't seem to get hold of them.

lack in interest by MODELERS.

Thought that was rather clear