Sign in to follow this  
frecciadelledolomiti

How can I tranfer WOV aircraft to SFP1 ?

I would like to know if it is possible to copy WoV aircrafts (IE F-105) to Strike Fighters. I noticed that add-ons work better in SF than Wov but in SF there are not many planes as in WoV and I cannot play linebacker 1 or 2.

Sorry for my bad english but I hope You understand what i mean... Play Vietnam conflict as in WoV.

Thanks a lot.

Bye.

I am going to assume you mean 3rd party add-on aircraft.

When it comes to them, in order to fly them in campaign, you need to add them in.

Not terribly difficult, but they don't just appear when you unzip them in your aircraft folder.

If you want stock from one came to another, it takes some extracting...

I would like to know if it is possible to copy WoV aircrafts (IE F-105) to Strike Fighters. I noticed that add-ons work better in SF than Wov but in SF there are not many planes as in WoV and I cannot play linebacker 1 or 2.

Sorry for my bad english but I hope You understand what i mean...  Play Vietnam conflict as in WoV.

Thanks a lot.

Bye.

You'll need to get a hold of Skypat's SFP1E extraction utility. Once you have that, extract every F-105 File from WoV's objectdata.cat, and place it into the F-105 folder. You'll need to place all cockpit files into the F-105/Cockpit sub folder, as well.

Once you've done that, just copy and paste it over to SFP1.

If I were you, I'd save myself the time and trouble and get the F-105D-25, F-105D-31, F-105F, and the F-105G Wild Weasel from Column5's site ( http://www.column5.us/aircraft.shtml ). They all come with an excellent hi-res cockpit.

Thank You... I think I'm doing like Fubar suggests.

Only a question: Are Addon Planes Flyable ? I think so.

As I told my intent is to play WoV Campaigns or missions with SF project 1 so if it is possible I would like to transfer missions from the first to the second game...

Thanks a lot.

Bye.

If I were you, I'd save myself the time and trouble and get the F-105D-25, F-105D-31, F-105F, and the F-105G Wild Weasel from Column5's site ( http://www.column5.us/aircraft.shtml ). 

believe it or not they are even available from the downloads section here at Combatace ....

Thank You again but when I instal the Thud listed above I cannot find the object/weapons folder to copy tanks in. I cannot neither find weaponsdata.ini file to add datas as explained in the readme file of F-105D-31.rar nor weapons editor.

My game version is V05.13.05 with patch 1-2-3 and 3a installed.

How can I install Tanks ???

Where are weaponsadata.ini and weapons editor ???

Thank You and excuse me for my bad english.

Thank You again but when I instal the Thud listed above I cannot find the object/weapons folder to copy tanks in. I cannot neither find weaponsdata.ini file to add datas as explained in the readme file of F-105D-31.rar nor weapons editor.

My game version is V05.13.05 with patch 1-2-3 and 3a installed.

How can I install Tanks ???

Where are weaponsadata.ini and weapons editor ???

Thank You and excuse me for my bad english.

I think that it assumes that you will have the weapons pack installed in which case you will have a weapons folder.

The weaponsdata.ini is in the Objects\ObjectData.cat & you need to extract it using the SF P1E extraction utility (available in Combat ACE downloads as is the weapons editor)

In regards to that site, by Column5... are all of those planes flyable? :blink: If so, then I am already in love with this game and I only own it, I haven't even installed it yet.

In regards to that site, by Column5... are all of those planes flyable?  :blink:  If so, then I am already in love with this game and I only own it, I haven't even installed it yet.

Yes they are all flyable, and many come with their own cockpits (as opposed to "borrowing" one from another SF:P1 aircraft).

Awesome... Well, once I get the time and the chance, I will fire up this game on my new rig and give it a go. Also, is SFP1 separate from WOV? or is WOV and add-on?

Vertical_Luke

Also, is SFP1 separate from WOV? or is WOV and add-on?

SF P1 & WOV both use the same game engine. They are essentially the same except that they have a different aircraft mix, different campaigns, terrains etc. :spiteful:

Most mods work in both (a few need some additional tweaking).