UK_Widowmaker

Independence Day

Love Europe...HATE THE EU 

post-22245-0-92414000-1466606871.jpg

• Like 6

I hate the current EU too, but I am not that sure that leaving would be the solution, and it could mean severe consequences both for the UK and the rest of Europe. I thought that to change the EU from the horrible thing it is now, one should fight in it, not to flee from it.

Anyway, if you want a symbolic gesture, don't burn the flag, wash it.

• Like 2

I have to disagree Blaze, sorry. Those are the sort of things the EU threatened Norway with..She ignored the threats..stayed Independent..and is thriving (Unlike the EU)

• Like 3

Hey, no need to apologise if you disagree. Besides, the world would be boring if everyone thinks the same. It's your country then, not mine, so you know and see things that foreigners can't. All I can say is that I hope things get better for the UK, one way or another. Wish you a nice independence day then, however you guys may vote.

• Like 1

No, you punk

No, you punk

Care to elaborate?

No I do not :smile:

ofc punk was reference to that adorable lad on the picture

• Like 2

Ah yes..Vyvian Hitler (aka Ade Edmondson :)

As someone pointed out elsewhere, English speaking peoples saw this about 140 years ago. The UK doesnt need as much artillery to rectify the situation this time around.

I have to disagree Blaze, sorry. Those are the sort of things the EU threatened Norway with..She ignored the threats..stayed Independent..and is thriving (Unlike the EU)

Norway has oil, plenty of oil and gas. What the UK has? Only oil and gas off shore of Scottland. What will happen if the Scotts vote for stay and the English for leave? Will Scottland leave the UK? What will England do without scotish oil and gas, without a proper industry? What will happen with London as centre of the banks if they are cut off from european market?

It are a lot of questions.

Of course the british proud and the british heart says "Leave!".

But what will the british brain say?

Dont understand me wrong. I wish the british all the best. Wheter they stay or leave. Its your decision. Not my.

If you ask for my opinion, i would vote for "Stay".

Why?

Please dont let us alone with this money wasting south and east european countries!

Edited by Gepard
  • Like 1

It's the difference between getting counseling and a divorce. You can always still get divorced later, but if you change your mind getting remarried is a much bigger step...

What's amazing to me is that after decades, no, centuries of slowly increasing globalization mankind is beginning to revert to ever greater levels of tribalism. The "us" in us vs them used to number in the hundreds of millions, now it's getting to the point where individual towns act like they want to secede from the surrounding territory because no one else gets it. Not that people within the towns even agree, that is.

In 50 years there will be no gov'ts anywhere as no one will want to be told what to do by anyone else that goes against their own beliefs. Every family on their own against everyone else in the world. Yeah, that's progress.

• Like 4

Well I for one will be voting leave. Time to make Britain great again. Nothing against the Europeans hey they're people just like me but the EU and all it stands for...no thanks.

• Like 4

I don't remember giving un-elected officials in Brussels a mandate to overrule my elected government, that's enough of a reason to leave while we have the chance. The EU as it is today has grown arms and legs and ran away from what was originally intended. Will there be challenges going alone? Of course there will. Is the EU an overbearing, interfering manipulative, bureaucratic waste of time? Not always but often...

Craig

• Like 4

Why?

Please dont let us alone with this money wasting south and east european countries!

Part of why I'm suprised Eurozone lasted this long. Bad habits on one part, attitudes on the other

Whatever will be the outcome I wish well for UK.

The EU certainly needs a great reform and weeding out the ignorant and corrupt leadership beside other refinements (just like any other country on earth). One of that some rearrangement so unequal economies can live next to each other with a chance for the weaker to get better while not wrecking the stronger companions. 

Just a note for one of the above comments.

Greatness of Britain come form colonization and sucking out the wealth and reaches of other lands (similarly to France, Spain, Portugal, etc). Not sure it gonna fly well in today's society. France will face some back leash when the African states realize they should not pay 500 billion a year to France as colonial tax, rather use that money to dig themselves out from the hole instead of getting deeper each year as they nowhere get the same value of return from them. 

Colonization and lack of care of proper growth in those areas left us with plenty of fire spots (near-,middle-east, and several african states). Same with splitting up the world and territories among the "powers" or forcing their will in those areas.

Nowadays people start to have the need for honesty, integrity and accountability and will tolerate less and less corruption and dishonesty and alike, this trend will grow and grow so be ready for some strange changes and rearrangements around the planet be small or big, be that everyday life, politics, healthcare, business or banking/financing.

Will each will bring something to split up or rather putted together we will see, probably both will come in all sizes and shapes until will have a workable solution for all and each area/continent.

So fasten your seat belts and get ready for the ride....oh....might take few years or generations, but it will be something no one can sit out on the fence, each will have to get dirty.... please go to vote when required as you would have no right to blame others if you miss the opportunity to change something when you still had a say in it.

Now you do, all I can say: Good luck, whatever happens!

• Like 1

In 50 years there will be no gov'ts anywhere as no one will want to be told what to do by anyone else that goes against their own beliefs. Every family on their own against everyone else in the world. Yeah, that's progress.

"Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns." (Gremlins 2)

Agree that all of this EU stuff is rotten to the roots. Europe of banks and big money, no room there for the European people. But still dunno what shall happen to some country trying to resume life on the fringe of The Block, regarding the standards of living it had used to take for granted. That means, someone has yet to play the guinea pig for the other ones to assess, and well, Britain might play the role as well as another...

Edited by Capitaine Vengeur
  • Like 1

If the UK leaves the UE is ok, as long as the UK leaves the UE with all the consequences this desition may imply.

If the UK stays in the UE is ok, as long as the UK stays in the UE with all the consequences this desition may imply.

• Like 1

My Reasons...right there! 

• Like 2

I personally hope you Brits escape the yoke of the EU. I watched a documentary on the topic. As soon as I realized that Brits didn't get to vote for EU officials in Brussels ( e.g, "No representation in government") I realized something had gone terrible wrong. When British fisherman aren't allowed to fish in British waters, and must buy British fish from German fisherman, government has gone awry. 92 laws governing the manufacture of toothbrushes? 47 laws governing hand towels? This is unfettered bureaucracy. It's doomed to fail. The UK should flee for its economic existence while it can.

• Like 2

Bravo Zulu England !

King George and his royal subjects made a splendid performance to keep England out of a French led Eu.

Winston Churchill and all in the British Islands heroically kept England out of a German led EU.

We have a flag with 13 stars on it stored some where. It worked once. If you need to use It I believe nobody here will object.

Oh and f word the stock market.

CL

Edited by charlielima
  • Like 2

Well England you did it!

Welcome to the Third World!

Pound Sterling down lower than 1985. Predicted to fall lower than $1.20 by July.

FTSE looses $120 Billion in market capital just this morning. Lower than the 2008 financial crisis.

62% of Scotland voted to stay. Word is Scotland will soon vote again to leave the UK.

Northern Ireland voted to stay. Rumor says they might soon hold a vote to leave the UK and join the Republic of Ireland.

Oil prices world wide fall,,,,,,, gold prices just spiked to a ten year high.

UK facing a massive recession by end of summer.

Well, UK is done. Hope you guys enjoy the smell of it all burning down around you!

• Like 4

Remains to be seen who Scotland will be joining in the EU if the other major countries hold Referendums as well  :biggrin:

I voted stay in EU of course..mainly so I could blame everyone else if it went down the pan.

The bottom line is 99.9% of any population is in no position to know or vote on a matter such as this........so in reality it's a total farce. Fair play that the government respect the electorate - democracy at work for better or worse.

On the other hand things could go well..............might check to see if we can rejoin though just in case  :beach:

• Like 4