UK_Widowmaker

Independence Day

A Prime Minister resigned. The £ plummeted. The FTSE 100 lost significant ground. But then the £ rallied past February levels, and the FTSE closed on a weekly high: 2.4% up on last Friday, its best performance in 4 months. President Obama decided we wouldn't be at the 'back of the queue' after all and that our 'special relationship' was still strong. The French President confirmed the Le Touquet agreement would stay in place. The President of the European Commission stated Brexit negations would be 'orderly' and stressed the UK would continue to be a 'close partner' of the EU. A big bank denied reports it would shift 2,000 staff overseas. The CBI, vehemently anti-Brexit during the referendum campaign, stated British business was resilient and would adapt. Several countries outside the EU stated they wished to begin bi-lateral trade talks with the UK immediately. If this was the predicted apocalypse, well, it was a very British one. It was all over by teatime. Not a bad first day of freedom...No speculation or scaremongering there...just honest, straight facts nuff said! :)

Edited by UK_Widowmaker
  • Like 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOAtz8xWM0w

The new National Anthem of the UK!

1940 had no choice to stand alone!

2016 chose to stand alone!

RIP UK.

I'm afraid you're delusional in your view. I'd worry about Trump and Guns if I were you..we've got this one covered thanks

• Like 1

I KNOW IT IS SO BAD BUT I CAN WAIT TO...

Wait, wrong thread it seems...sorry boys

Not really.

It's just a sign that old farts have a demographic leverage over the young and will screw the young generation's chances for the sake of living in an over-glorified past.

WAAAAA ! It's so unfair.  It's not democracy because I disagree with the results, why mommy why ?

index.php?app=gallery&module=images&sect

Love the DRPK tweet about the EU.

:biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Edited by Atreides
  • Like 2

Not really.

It's just a sign that old farts have a demographic leverage over the young and will screw the young generation's chances for the sake of living in an over-glorified past.

lol yeah ok........

The EU is not dictating anything.

Oh really? Then why were the Irish electorate TOLD by Brussels to run the Nice and Lisbon treaties a second time after the public rejected them????

That's not democracy mate, that's dictatorship.

• Like 1

Oh really? Then why were the Irish electorate TOLD by Brussels to run the Nice and Lisbon treaties a second time after the public rejected them????

That's not democracy mate, that's dictatorship.

Simple: Want to be in the club? Accept the club's terms.

Who is EU's dictator then?

When's the last time somebody was brought to a EU forced-labour/ re-education camp?

Sounds like you do have a pretty lilly-ass impression of dictatorships. Maybe erecting a realy-dealy dictatorship in a cinema near you will help.

WAAAAA ! It's so unfair.  It's not democracy because I disagree with the results, why mommy why ?

Haha, given the watershed-outcome (51% vs 49%), pulling the "democracy"-card is your best shot?

The best part of it is people only informing themselves about the ramifications after the fact and leading figures already trying to pussyfoot backwards.

But hey, dimocrafy, fuck yeah!

Simple: Want to be in the club? Accept the club's terms.

As simple as that. But it looks like many people does not get it.

I KNOW IT IS SO BAD BUT I CAN WAIT TO...

Wait, wrong thread it seems...sorry boys

Just been to see it and if I'm honest I wasn't expecting much, its so bad the crowd were laughing at the dialogue. Theres also a good few scenes that are shot for shot line for line remakes of the original.. Save your money and wait till its shown on Tv... its bad  :blink:

Yes, please.

You do realise it was a rhetorical question? I used a figure of speech and you're still trying to dissect it several comments latter...

I don't see where there is any dictating going on whatsoever. If anybody screwed another, it has been Britain screwing the EU.

Go look at the state of the British fishing fleet, its decline and ultimate near death is entirely down to the EU dictating what we are and are not allowed to do in our own waters. Keep your eyes peeled for its resurgence as mainland vessels are forced out of our EEZ. As others have already mentioned, the Lisbon treaty is a brilliant example of the EU democracy in action, demanding a member state re-run a referendum until Brussels get the answer they wanted. As for labour camps, where is it written that a dictatorship must have labour camps?

• Like 2

The UK tried, rather hard, to steer the EU in what it considered to be a sensible direction; which would, arguably, have been to the benefit of all member states...and their peoples. What many consider to be Euro-lemmings were determined to pursue a different course. The parting of the ways has now come. Deal with it.

What's rather remarkable is the torrent of anti-UK diatribes this has generated. Like the UK has crapped on somebody's Euro-carpet, or something. People acting like spoiled brats or haters who just can't wait to vent their spleen. Do grow up, chaps.

• Like 5

you know how it goes....when the left wins a vote they say...it's democracy live with it when they lose they say the margin was not great enough....we need to compromise. lol I say to those who lost grow up and deal with it at this point. the calls for another vote and all the predictions of dire consequences are the same hot air we always hear. things always get a little crazy anytime there is some change then those with the ability to put on the big boy pants get to work and things move forward. Problem is today the left,and sometimes the right,would rather skip the whole moving forward part and just sit and cry so something that would be a small setback turns into a quagmire of whining and crying and in the end nothing moves forward.....

• Like 2

It is just simply obvious that the UK has committed suicide.

Most popular Google searches in the UK the day AFTER the vote:

"What does it mean to get out of the EU?"

"What is the EU?"

Mind blowing!

Some minds are evidently more easily blown than others.

• Like 1

I thought you guys where better than that.

We are.

It is just simply obvious that the UK has committed suicide.

Most popular Google searches in the UK the day AFTER the vote:

"What does it mean to get out of the EU?"

"What is the EU?"

Mind blowing!

How much of a bet do you want that those searches were done by millennial's with worthless art degrees such as interpretive dance therapy. :biggrin:  

pulling the "democracy"-card is your best shot?

And whining that it's not a legit democratic vote is yours.  Do you pull the same shit if your team looses at football match ?  Do you start yelling for a rematch ?

Edited by Atreides
  • Like 1

my Doctor in town has told me that the client base at his practice has swollen to 3 times its size in the last 4 years and most of the new patients are foreign migrants who want access to our free NHS care system. This is absolutely unacceptable and it is not sustainable either.

Well, keep in mind however that many doctors and nurses working in the UE countries are foreign migrants too: I met some intra-UE (Spaniard, Romanian...), but also quite often extra-UE (Lebanese, undefined African...). They contribute to fill up the gap in several medical deserts. Many of the Catholic priests I can see in depopulated rural France are Africans too.

This reminds me of a sketch that was old already when I was a child, with the archetypal xenophobe as the narrator, repeatedly rambling on the only foreigner settled in the village: "Bastard foreigner, who comes and eats the Frenchmen's bread!". The foreigner finally left: "I'm fed up with your France, and your bread!". And the narrator concludes: "And since, we don't eat bread any more in the village: he was the baker!"

• Like 4

And whining that it's not a legit democratic vote is yours.  Do you pull the same shit if your team looses at football match ?  Do you start yelling for a rematch ?

Well, first of all, the vote is not binding. UK parliament could just go on and act as if nothing happened (WAAA, where's democracy now?).

Then, placing the future of a country in a simple-mans poll (most people not even understanding the implications, as it shows) with 50.1% winning it all, is hardly democracy, it's idiocracy.

Idiocracy as in politicians using the country's economic future as leverage for inner-party dispute.

Polls like this should be based on a 67% win-quota with re-runs, until that quota is reached - for either side.

This way, nobody can later claim funny things. That should be a no-brainer. It isn't apparently.

But that's complicated and people want simple answers, so we flush the future down the toilet - mostly by votes of people who will be dead or long retired in 20 years, not by those people who actively have to deal with it.

Had 17yr-olds (like in the scottish referendum) been allowed to vote, the outcome would probably have been the other way round. Scary, huh?

I don't watch football much - I don't see a reason watching 22 millionaires running after a ball. Do you?

You do realise it was a rhetorical question? I used a figure of speech and you're still trying to dissect it several comments latter...

You do realize, that I pulled your leg?

Go look at the state of the British fishing fleet, its decline and ultimate near death is entirely down to the EU dictating what we are and are not allowed to do in our own waters.

I guess overfishing would be a much better approach - fuck the ecosystem, as long as the british fishing fleet is doing all right.

Wait, it won't then.

Keep your eyes peeled for its resurgence as mainland vessels are forced out of our EEZ. 

There's plenty of other fish in the sea (nah, not really, overfishing is a global issue). Britain is not the center of the world.

As others have already mentioned, the Lisbon treaty is a brilliant example of the EU democracy in action, demanding a member state re-run a referendum until Brussels get the answer they wanted.

The - relatively simple - answer is presented a few posts above. A no-brainter, actually.

If you don't like the club, don't join. But don't cry either, when the party on the streets turns out to be underwhelming and friends are starting to peel off and go back to the club.

As for labour camps, where is it written that a dictatorship must have labour camps?

They don't *have* to to have them.

But dictatorships are usually pretty sensitive with internal criticism. So sooner or later, opposition-people are going for a trip to the countryside. It's pretty much inevitable.

I don't watch football much - I don't see a reason watching 22 millionaires running after a ball.

Me too, it's a sick world the one we all live in.

Back to the topic, while I am disappointed a little for the outcome of this referendum, we must accept its results. Only the future can tell what will happen. I like seeing some jokes about the British now, but then I realise that most likely worse things may happen elsewhere. It's already scary that a guy like Trump made it this far, so as the Brits disappointed me (and not that much, the "leave" won by a narrow margin), I am scared shitless that there is an increase of aggressive nationalism in the US of A and other parts of Europe, or what's left of it. I admit that representative democracy it's failing, due to the low quality politicians we have elected over the years. Then, when you give full, direct democracy to the people (who are obviously much more ignorant in matters of policies, otherwise we all would be politicians), the risk of seeing a new Mussolini or Hitler is not that far. I am generally speaking, I am not referring to the UK.

I voted to leave the European Union not because I hate Europe, but because of the level of Migrants moving to Britain to settle here and enjoy the British benefits system. I currently have 3 Polish families on my street who have been here for about 9 months and none of them are working, yet they are claiming housing benefits etc, and it stinks.One of the cheeky bastards even asked me in broken English for directions to the benefits office in town, absolutely ridiculous.

We here in Britain must reclaim control of our borders and control the level of migrants coming to Britain. And that's not all, my Doctor in town has told me that the client base at his practice has swollen to 3 times its size in the last 4 years and most of the new patients are foreign migrants who want access to our free NHS care system. This is absolutely unacceptable and it is not sustainable either.

The only way we were ever going to take control of our borders and stem the flow of migrants into Britain was to get out of Europe. And that's what we voted for on Thursday.

Let's hope that your plan works, because there is no certainty in politics, and having voted for A, and then receiving B or even C as a result, would be a failure. As I said before the vote, I wish the UK the best, I don't care if "leave" won instead of "remain". I just hope that your votes are going to give you the results you expect over the years. 

Edited by blaze95
  • Like 3

Britain got its independence back. Good for them. For decades, the E.U. has been undemocratic and showed so much disdain against its own peoples. But seing its officials' and supporters' comments, it's far from other. Prepare for other electoral surprises.

The German Reich The E.U. is now in stormy waters, and that's good news. It's time to deal with that blocked suicidal thing and start from scratch.

Edited by Emp_Palpatine
  • Like 1