UK_Widowmaker

Independence Day

No it isn't but guess what they do and the public honours  ? Hold a referendum on almost everything.  Including the number of refugees they take in as a country EVERY year and they behave like adults about it and don't (for the most part) bitch and cry like the millennials are from the remain camp.  The Swiss are quite rational compared to the nauseating shithole that Germoney is becoming.    

Hungary will hold a referendum on refugees too. Britain is not part of Schengen, and It was not forced to take any refugees. Also Hungary will fight to stop any quotas to happen, and our government expected to work together with the conservative British government against that. 

Regarding Switzerland and voting: Though they held a referendum, where 50.3% of the votes were against Schengen, its actual implementation afaik is yet to be announced, and the end results can be such, that though there are quotas set up, those are high enough to not make a dent on the movement of workforce. The other thing is bank secrecy, it was just last year that the EU made an accord with Switzerland to end bank secrecy, no popular vote about that, and it shows that the EU might matter in certain occasions.

It is a sad thing to see Britain go, because it was an important counterbalance to Germany and France. I don't think that it is impossible to fight "EU burocrats", though in my opinion the EU is still more governed by the agreement of PMs rather those bureaucrats.

As for the Brexit, there is not much to win there for Britain, probably more to loose.

- To access the freemarket Britain must accept free movement of the workforce. Yeah, those going for healthcare must go, that 1-5%. (I would like to mention though, that Eastern Europe has very good healthcare services that is very much enjoyed by the British population, because it is cheaper to take a flight and stay in Budapest for a few days then to go to a dental surgery in Britain(fortunately this option will remain open)).

- Fish do not know borders, because of interstate agreements, there won't be much change to the fishing industry.

- One thing probably to loose is Scotland and some of the oil over there.

- The other thing is to loose if there is any tax on car imports to EU, that can be a big hit to UK manufacturing.

- And banking. EU must have its banking center within EU borders.

The most probable scenario is that there will be agreement on most things and life goes on as before. I think that it will cost Britain more than to the EU though, but it is not a catastrophe, only 1-3% difference in the yearly GDP change and in unemployment, on rainy days it is enough for a recession. Also I expect that HMS Prince of Wales will be sold, Britain does not need that, and there won't be enough money to fund it in the long run.

• Like 1

I think it highly unlikely that Scotland will vote to leave the UK and remain in Europe. To do so will be economic suicide for them. Even if the EU accepts them, their economy is 10th worst in the World...no-one wants or needs their oil, as ISIL are providing for everyones needs...lol... and they'd have to accept the Euro.

The Guardian ? Really ? A leftist anal drip refugee apologist newspaper ? Cherry pick much ? (rhetorical question).  If the remain side had won and the Brexiters were calling for another vote you'd be saying the same shit, how Democracy won and what a bunch of whiners the Brexit camp is.  Deal with it by going to your safe space on the interwebs I'm sure you can find one.

No, it's from it's comment-section. As stated above. No need for an anal drip bullshit-reaction.

I wouldn't be saying anything - I'm pretty much with Richard Dawkins, who's offended that such a decision is placed on the people's shoulders (who know nothing about it, as it transpires), instead of having the government decide. This is government pussyfooting away from one of it's primal responsibilities.

What's sold as "democracy" (such as in long-time UK expats living in the EU not allowed to vote), is actually a lack of responsible governing.

No it isn't but guess what they do and the public honours  ? Hold a referendum on almost everything.  Including the number of refugees they take in as a country EVERY year and they behave like adults about it and don't (for the most part) bitch and cry like the millennials are from the remain camp.  The Swiss are quite rational compared to the nauseating shithole that Germoney is becoming.    

Which is a funny thing, as they've agreed on all terms the EU was asking them so far.

But still: They're having a 25% foreigner-rate, which includes east-europeans, which is what Brits are mostly pissed off about. Also that's MUCH larger than on other countries.

And they're part of Schengen, so free travel across the border right there. Clearly what the Brexiters want, then.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Any more bubbles that need some busting?

• Like 3

I think it highly unlikely that Scotland will vote to leave the UK and remain in Europe. To do so will be economic suicide for them. Even if the EU accepts them, their economy is 10th worst in the World...no-one wants or needs their oil, as ISIL are providing for everyones needs...lol... and they'd have to accept the Euro.

Don't bet on it, a great many North of the border are royally pissed* about the result. As for the Scottish economy ranking 10th worst globally...Um... not even close... it isn't even the 10th worst in the EU...

* more so than usual.

Iceland 2 - England 1, LOL!

• Like 2

Iceland 2 - England 1, LOL!

England are bad these days but Iceland could be a new low after that result.  :alcoholic:

Even the footballers were eager to get out of Europe.

• Like 2

Let's hope we do economics better than football in England..or we're royally f******d

• Like 2

http://eutruth.org.uk/

I wonder if the people who are scared of Brexit...would be more scared of Remaining?..I think they would, once they've read and fully digested this!..The fact is, whatever economic problems lie ahead..they're NOTHING compared to what would have happened to us had we stayed in. I'm very worried for my European friends.

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

So you trust a site that calls itself "truth".

Experience has shown that pages called the likes are usually telling everything BUT the truth.

Much like "People's Democratic Republic XYZ" is usually not that democratic, neither is it the people's, nor is it a republic.

• Like 2

Yes very important to question anything you are reading and never take it at face value.

This site is © Copyright David Noakes 1997-2009

Looks to be this guy:

http://eutruth.org.uk/david-noakes.html

Seems a tad extreme............now all you need to do is get him to send you all the evidence for the wild claims!!

Edited by MigBuster
  • Like 2

This is my final post on this subject..as we'll just end up going round in circles (and there's more than enough of that on facebook)

Immigration has been cited as the main reason for Brexit...I disagree...most of the people I know on FB and the various friends from around Europe and beyond, understand this concept utterly...that Immigration is not only a good thing..our economy would suffer without it.

As a Brexiter, I have been called everything from a 'Stupid old Man' to a 'Racist thug' and worse.....that's fine, sticks and stones....but I have never even mentioned Immigration in a single comment, apart from it being a positive thing, or at worse, irrelevant to the whole Brexit argument. Yes, there are racists on the Brexit side, and like most idiots..are very vocal, without being too bright.

People also keep saying 'Leaving Europe'..well, unless we're planning on towing the UK (minus Scotland  and Ireland) out into the Atlantic..we're not, cannot, and will not be leaving Europe..lol

So, here's my little meme..to get that point across. Thanks for your input, and I wish you long life, and happiness

post-22245-0-52220300-1467152636.jpg

• Like 2

Well this is my two pence worth, I voted to leave the EU not because I hate Europe but because immigration is killing Britain, and the only way we could ever take control of our own borders and reduce the level of immigration was to leave.

I am so sad to have to admit this but  - '' the Britain that I knew has now gone, and we have sadly become a nation of foreign nationals many of whom don't speak a word of English, and I feel very much like a stranger in my own country''.

Rusty Morley

29.6.2016

The problem with this, Rusty Morley, that immigrants made England in the past: the Anglo-Saxons, the Norse, the French all immigrated to England and chased to Celts to West and the North. The good thing is that all the Eastern Europeans are leaving their languages behind, they have the same religious heritage from the past and they have the same cultural interests in the present, and their children will share the language too, they will be English just like your German queen.

I know right Zoltan!

The Queen of England is actually a German!

Go anywhere near a population center in the USA, and you will be hard pressed to find anyone speaking English!

In the USA, we have had Polish plumbers for the last 180 years! So what is the issue?

My last maintenance man at my apartment was British!

Nobody raised hell about a British guy immigrating to the USA? Former Royal Marine.

I am and always been disappointed by the arrogance of people from England ( not UK ).

The Swiss model is a white elephant. The Swiss trade and conform to EU standards. Switzerland has like, 8 people in their country compared with rest of Europe. The Swiss have always not got involved. Switzerland never "ruled the world." UK has an obligation to stay together and be a leader in Europe.

The Brexit, actually compromised their integrity. The UK basically "drunk texted" Germany and said, "fuck you bitch!"

You always wake up the next day after doing that feeling like shit.

Lots of people will feel like Rusty and it is valid to a point because most people hate change and will rightly be upset at the changes they are seeing to places they grew up in and it is perfectly acceptable to see things like that.

Where I live I have seen a lot of change over the years but not that much in the way of immigrants. I work with one Polish person and tbh he is worth about 3 of his English colleagues any day just due to his work ethic and integrity. I know they are not all like that but the ones that make the effort to come here and work are usually the go-getters and better people from their countries. 

I might sound old fashioned but the English schooling system has bred far too many lazy and in-disciplined people here.......and in recent years the only place I see the type of English old fashioned discipline and integrity is immigrants basically. Immigrants that have been here generations are brought up to be just as lazy and useless as everyone else it seems.........luckily we have an influx of Somalians to clean the toilets for us..while a lot of kids sit at home waiting for everything to arrive on a silver platter. (good luck with that!!)

Sometimes stagnating and holding onto the past is not always the best thing (see IBM in the 80s) just for survival.

Being a Liverpool fan naturally I get accused of hanging onto a glorious past......that history doesn't stop the current team being mediocre/sh*te.  These days when I see an old listed building I often think its worthless and should be knocked down to build something useful.......maybe some housing that someone not super rich can afford!

History should not be forgotten but trying to hold onto the past is usually a recipe for disaster. We tried the EU for 40 years and Economic growth was hardly anything to shout about.but hey that is also now in the past so onwards and upwards.

If the pound keeps devaluing I might invite Tesla to start mass producing some cars here :biggrin:  

Edited by MigBuster
  • Like 1

You honestly expressed you thoughts Mig Buster!

I agree about 80% with you!

I just see the Brexit as a break up of the UK.

I have spent many days in bad places with my cousins from the UK.

No Soldier on the planet I respect more.

My thoughts on the whole thing is the fact that I really did not think people thought it out.

If we had a referendum for the South to secede from the USA.... Today. The average Joe would probably vote for it. Not knowing what would follow.

A break up of the UK would to me.... Like having a best friend die.

So funny! actually!

South West Virginia 1912. A Coal Camp called Wilder, Virginia!

Half the people there where immigrants from Germany and Scotland. A quarter of them where Hungarians. Other quarter was from every where else.

They had one church. They shared. They busted their asses everyday in the coal mines.

They came together. Respected each other! Hunks, Tallys, and Greeks!

They cooked together. Worked together. Came together as one people....

Americans are........ English, German, Native American, African American, Hungarian, Greek, Italian, Polish, Irishmen!

I am damn proud of that!

You honestly expressed you thoughts Mig Buster!

I agree about 80% with you!

I just see the Brexit as a break up of the UK.

I have spent many days in bad places with my cousins from the UK.

No Soldier on the planet I respect more.

My thoughts on the whole thing is the fact that I really did not think people thought it out.

If we had a referendum for the South to secede from the USA.... Today. The average Joe would probably vote for it. Not knowing what would follow.

A break up of the UK would to me.... Like having a best friend die.

Respect CH! - good to hear from you.

That's the big question.........why did we vote Brexit.

The Leave campaign was fronted by 2 national jokes (Johnston / Farage ) - you may as well have put out Laurel and Hardy impersonators. I thought the whole thing was a fix - whereby the 2 major parties just put their feet up and expected everyone to vote for them instead of the 2 court jesters.

Because they didn't was it just a swipe at the ruling elite?- the austerity cuts have upset a lot of people since 2010.....but it is likely those same people will come off worse again if the top people are affected. 

Sure some likely hoped all the recent immigrant influx from the EU would stop and they would be sent back down the Euro tunnel...............whereby we would all have our jobs back and it would be like the 60s again when you could just walk in any job because there were so many (or so I have been told). 

Of course non EU immigrants would still be coming in and taking our jobs wouldn't they?

As for thinking about which way Scotland would vote, it is very likely most never considered they would have a chance to split again.....but on the other hand because Scotland nearly split in 2014 some likely didn't care.

How many Scottish voted stay because they thought England would vote stay?

I am pretty certain most of England would still want Scotland to stay in the UK at least and it would be very very sad if that split happened. 

• Like 2

Yep. I agree!

UK must be the leader of Europe.

The Moral Leader.... more than anything else.

The Brexit was a massisive mistake. PM Dave Cameron in a Pizza Shop at O'Hare Airport in Chicago said fuck it put it to a referendum.....

That decision.... really led to an unleashing of the Nationalist whack jobs!

100 years ago.... Nationalist whack jobs.... Damn near destroyed ( actually did ) destroy the world.

23 JUN 16.... 60 years from now. Will be cited as a cause. Our Grand Kids 202 level class on WWIII.

• Like 1

Everything has already begun to settle down...The greatest thing of all to come out of the whole Issue, is that it now looks like TTIP is about to be shelved..The Best news Britain could have ever dreamt of!

All due respect to the American's..but your business 'values' are deplorable... America will  take away anything from anybody, if it furthers their own selfish ends...And TTIP is absolute proof of that!

I'm cock-a-hoop that TTIP is in it's death throes, as it would almost certainly have spelled the further erosion of our Liberty...the systematic dismantling of our NHS...and your highly questionable Food Safety Regulations,being forced onto us to name but a few.

I've never been a fan of the United States version of 'Freedom and Democracy'...you merely took what we'd put in place, and bastardised it for your own ends.

Even the pro remain press have woken up to the Truth....the scaremongering from the World Elites, has been an utter failure!

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/jun/29/ftse-100-now-higher-than-before-brexit-vote-eu-referendum?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Tweet

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Just time to get this in............. contains swearing:

• Like 2

What the Brexit and proud Brexiters inspire me

Edited by Gunrunner

Everything has already begun to settle down...The greatest thing of all to come out of the whole Issue, is that it now looks like TTIP is about to be shelved..The Best news Britain could have ever dreamt of!

All due respect to the American's..but your business 'values' are deplorable... America will  take away anything from anybody, if it furthers their own selfish ends...And TTIP is absolute proof of that!

I'm cock-a-hoop that TTIP is in it's death throes, as it would almost certainly have spelled the further erosion of our Liberty...the systematic dismantling of our NHS...and your highly questionable Food Safety Regulations,being forced onto us to name but a few.

I've never been a fan of the United States version of 'Freedom and Democracy'...you merely took what we'd put in place, and bastardised it for your own ends.

Even the pro remain press have woken up to the Truth....the scaremongering from the World Elites, has been an utter failure!

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/jun/29/ftse-100-now-higher-than-before-brexit-vote-eu-referendum?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Tweet

I am afraid, you don't understand the concept of shorting. This market movement realized in a tremendous amount of loss for some traders and for pension funds. Sure, markets rebound, but I suppose you do now that this happens via speculation. As an example: pension funds must sell their most risky investments after a certain loss to prevent further loss to investors, this is bought up by speculators, and sold back to them at a higher price once the risk diminishes. 

This is normal activity, as you know, it is better than having a total crash, but it means that for the given year you will have a bit lower yield on your investment at the end of the year.

Also, please do notice a few things: FTSE 250 is still down, the pound is down, the Bank of England will cut interest rate, both UK and EU lost from its credit rating, and there is a lot of uncertainty on the markets. And as I mentioned in a post before, exiting the EU does does not mean that the UK goes back to dark ages, but that GDP growth will be a few percentage point behind in comparison to what could be achieved without this hassle what we see now.

Now that we have voted to come out of Europe we need to get control of our borders and place a cap on migrant numbers, after-all that it the issue which most English people (including me) cited as their main reason for electing to come out of Europe.

• Like 1