Sign in to follow this  
MigBuster

The 10 Worst US Aircraft

Abraham Lincoln noted that America will never be destroyed from the outside. Likewise the most serious threats to the US aircraft industry have always come from within, as demonstrated by the following inglorious parade of folly and nincompoopery. No nation has created as many aircraft types – or types that so comprehensively occupy the spectrum from superb to shit.

https://hushkit.net/2016/06/01/the-10-worst-us-aircraft/

• Like 1

Interesting list.

Paper thin wings huh ... should've sent that guy to Germany during WW2... Spitfires would windup as Spitballs.

Well I can't criticize the Wright Flyer as it is the aircraft which started the whole flying game off, but have to agree with the rest.

Edited by RUSTYMORLEY
  • Like 2

Interesting read, thanks MiGBuster

Well I can't criticize the Wright Flyer as it is the aircraft which started the whole flying game off, but have to agree with the rest.

Rustymorley, you're absolutely right there..... The wright Flyer is a (or arguably THE) pioneer aircraft and considering the fact that it was quite literally home-built by Orville and Wilbur Wright and was the first true aeroplane,  It shouldn't have been included in that list....

As for all the other entries in that list; Yes they were indeed monumental disasters.....

The A-12 Avenger was a disaster for the Navy, leaving it without an effective ability to re-tank aircraft along with the F/A18 which is the jack of trades and masters none. The F-35 is going to follow up on the tradition of letting those idiots in Congress and our president dictating stupid military equipment we don't need!

I thought I was aware of pretty much all of the obscure US Aircraft, but had never seen or heard of the P-75 until today. Thanks for sharing. 

Don't know if you can call them the worst, they were all experimental. They may not have been great by themselves, but I'm sure the companies that built these planes learned a great deal and incorporated or not incorporated technology into the next programs.