Sign in to follow this  
csb

Retain map view after pilot death?

Is there a mod so the inflight map function is retained after my pilot has died?

I've searched SF 1 & 2 forums and found no posts on this subject.

I like to watch the action after my demise and it would be helpful to view the map to see which friendlies are engaged (it's not always easy to tell in the various aircraft views). With the map view I could see the flight's number.

Thanks

P.S.  Also is it possible to mod viewlist ini so that FOV is maintained when switching between cockpit view & lock view (ie I have zoomed in on an enemy in lock view and I want to maintain same FOV when I switch to cockpit view).

Edited by csb

Super interesting questions! That would be pretty cool if someone has figured out how to keep your pilots head in the same place when changing from padlock view back to cockpit

no, never been able to. something that hard coded in the engine

I'd join Wrench and say with 99% certainity it's hard coded

things to look up whould be

EjectView=EjectView in flightengine.ini sets the default view after ejection

then

[EndGame]
EndGameTimer=5.0
EndGameView=DeathView
AutoEndGame=FALSE

that one is after pilot's death, then we have the action camera introduced in 2012 or so; maybe setting this to MovingMap would help? But MovingMap is in fact type of cockpit instrument/display alas I can't see how that would be working given pilot's plane is listed as destroyed. Remember that when player's plane gets destroyed status you can't even go back into cockpit so it is sort of removed from the game (apart from smoking wreckage still visible and observable via external views)

Is there a way to see your pilot eject and float down in a parachute?  Because I swear to god through some glitch or something one time when i ejected I saw my pilot float down in a chute... I wonder if theres something buried in the code that has an ejected pilot model and I glitched into it somehow?

stary made an "ejecting pilot mod" several years ago. but for stock, it was never there like in the Janes' series

Yes, I thought there was probably no mod for map view after death - otherwise it would already have been done.

With retaining fov AND view angle when switching between cockpit & lock view, I'll have to experiment some more.

Thanks for your replies.