Updated aircraft to v1.32

List of effective changes:

1. Added Direct Lift Control, based on Cliff7600's spoiler speedbreak mod
2. Added AI Phoenix missiles with Rmax of 65nm to improve AI F-14 Probability of Kill
3. Updated flight manual to reflect DLC change and AI AIM-54 (now 75pgs)
4. Assigned White external fuel tanks to F-14A_74 and F-14A_IR (IR does not carry externals by default)
5. Fixed White fuel tank capacity (was not adjusted with grey tank prior)
6. Updated Iranian F-14A loadouts to better match most current data from ACIG
7. Updated/Added Iranian AIM-7E-3 and AIM-9J models to equip Iranian F-14As
8. Changed F-14A_IR availability date to 2030

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

@ Ceasar

Thanks for those realy nice updates.

@folks how can i activate the radar screen, i knew it a while ago, but now i forgot it and it is nowhere in the readme, or i have overlooked it. I apologize for my ignorance

@ Ceasar

Thanks for those realy nice updates.

@folks how can i activate the radar screen, i knew it a while ago, but now i forgot it and it is nowhere in the readme, or i have overlooked it. I apologize for my ignorance

It is either bomb release interval up/down or bomb release amount up/down 

Blackbird,

Very last page of the 01-F-14ABD-1 flight manual has the avionics quick reference card.  To cycle the HSD, which gives you the nav, radar and ECMD, it is the Bomb Ripple Interval (default "[") key.  For the VDI, it is tied to the HUD.

It is outlined in the overview, but that sucker is long, and I anticipate most people won't read it.  The AI F-14s are included for your use as either wingmen, or as AI aircraft within a mission/campaign.  They have a hard 7.33g limiter to prevent them from doing the "one-and-done" super-high "g" pull at the merge and leaving themselves sitting ducks, as the AI usually does with the player F-14s.  While the team experimented with these aircraft over the past year, I re-validated the use of the limiter for the AI recently, and an AI controlled F-14A 74-AI wound up out-maneuvering and gunning an Su-30, simply because the limiter forced the AI to keep more energy to use at different points in the fight.

As to deleting the cockpit line, that's fine.  The AI planes aren't supposed to be used by the player.  You CAN use them if you want by dropping in a cockpit from another player F-14, but they were designed explicitly for AI control (as outlined above, I usually assign my wingmen AI-series F-14s so they don't suck so bad in a dogfight).

How do you add the AI aircraft as wingmen in a campaign? I know how to edit the CAMPAIGN_DATA.ini files, but that only allows for a specific aircraft for each squadron, and obviously the AI-limited aircraft are treated as entirely separate aircraft. Thus, I could have the F-14_74 or F-14_74_AI listed for a squadron, but not both. I can simply change the aircraft type in the single mission loadout screen, but not in a campaign mission loadout screen. Is there a way I can fly the "regular" aircraft while somehow assigning AI aircraft to the rest of my flight?

Pensy,

I think that's a game limitation.  As you have said, on Single Missions, you can put your wingmen in the AI F-14s while you fly the un-limited version, and you can put AI squadrons into a campaign to make the AI forces more survivable and lethal, but I don't think you can assign a different airframe to your own squadron within a campaign, which sucks.  I'd have to defer to more experienced campaign designers if they know more.

I didn't think there was a way to do so anyway. Sucks, because I hardly ever play Single Missions and usually play a series of campaigns together as a sort of "career" mode. Thanks for the help, though.

On a side note, are there ever going to be any Pacific campaigns for the Tomcat? The Pacific Fleet squadron skins look amazing as does everything else in the F-14 Superpack, and it's teeth-gnashingly annoying not to be able to accurately use them outside of single missions!

If you check the Downloads section here at CA, you should be able to find a few Indian Ocean, Vietnam, and general campaigns where the Pacific Fleet squadrons would be involved.  You can then adjust the units in the campaign to use the Super Pack F-14s (How-tos are in the Knowledge Base).  Have a look!

I've already edited the Indian Ocean and Vietnam Air-Ground Expansion Pack Endgame Linebacker '75 campaigns to take the Super Pack Tomcats. I'm referring to something like a Korea or Taiwan campaign. I distinctly remember the Korean campaigns from Fleet Defender, and most of the campaign modders for the various SF2NA packs have, understandably, created Atlantic and Med campaigns based on the Atlantic and Med campaigns from Fleet Defender. Specifically, I'm referring to the Powder Keg campaign from the SF2NA Med Crisis Pack, even having the same name and backstory from its Fleet Defender counterpart (an American response to Soviet and Libyan intervention in the 1982 Lebanon War) and the Fighting Withdrawal, Return to Narvik, and Kola Strike campaigns of the SF2NA North Cape Pack that are direct recreations of the three campaigns of the same name from Fleet Defender, as well as the aforementioned Southern Calm campaign that is a recreation of the Khyber Rifles 1990s campaign from Fleet Defender. I'd just like to see someone recreate the Korean campaigns and potentially do a Taiwan-based scenario just for fun. On a side note, have you created a livery for VF-103 (the Sluggers, not the post-1995 Jolly Rogers) F-14A_82s yet? It already exists for the VF-103 F-14A+_87s, but there's nothing for the '82s.

Pensy,

Yes, I remember those FD missions well!  It would be nice to see something like that for sure, but I'm not aware of any current efforts to make a modern Korea campaign.  As for VF-103, no I haven't gotten around to making that yet.  Not like it was a very complex sceme to do; a gray arrow with drab-yellow inlay on the tail, AA tailcode and Sara markings...I just need to get off my ass and do it.

Am I correct in thinking there is no refuelling probe animation?

I seem to remember Oli posting WIP shots many years ago, maybe even when the community was centred around SimHQ, but my memory may be playing tricks.

You would be correct in thinking that - there may have been plans for one, but it was never implemented.  Similarly, there are commented-out entries for intake ramps in the data.inis, but even when activated, the ramps don't move.

I noticed something with the VF-84 skin for the F-14A_82. I thought it was odd that VF-84 was using its full-color skins in the '80s (Specifically El Dorado Canyon, and the North Cape '86 and Iceland '86 campaigns from the North Cape and North Atlantic expansion packs), so I consulted my old Squadron/Signal Publications book on the F-14 from the early '90s, and the photos of VF-84 Tomcats taken in the mid '80s all show a lo-viz paint scheme (for line birds; I'm sure squadron commanders and CAGs had their full-color liveries), but the Superpack doesn't have any lo-viz liveries for VF-84's F-14A_82s.

On 3/29/2018 at 4:30 PM, Pensy101 said:

I noticed something with the VF-84 skin for the F-14A_82. I thought it was odd that VF-84 was using its full-color skins in the '80s (Specifically El Dorado Canyon, and the North Cape '86 and Iceland '86 campaigns from the North Cape and North Atlantic expansion packs), so I consulted my old Squadron/Signal Publications book on the F-14 from the early '90s, and the photos of VF-84 Tomcats taken in the mid '80s all show a lo-viz paint scheme (for line birds; I'm sure squadron commanders and CAGs had their full-color liveries), but the Superpack doesn't have any lo-viz liveries for VF-84's F-14A_82s.

Indeed, we do not have every single squadron, nor livery of each squadron represented in the SP, though we do have a lot.

img00001.thumb.JPG.58e0dd650a8738d21aa03e586c2ce4fc.JPG

I have a porblem : it seems that at takeoff for Iranian F14 and F1477 at leats, the spoilers are not deployed symmetrically, see image above !

6 hours ago, jeanba said:

img00001.thumb.JPG.58e0dd650a8738d21aa03e586c2ce4fc.JPG

I have a porblem : it seems that at takeoff for Iranian F14 and F1477 at leats, the spoilers are not deployed symmetrically, see image above !

I just ran a test with the Iranian F-14.  I couldn't reproduce the problem.  Maybe overwrite the data.ini file with the original from the zip?  If that doesn't work, please PM me your data.ini and I'll compare it to the original file and see if something got jacked up.  As for F-14A_77, that's a TW model, not part of the SP, so I'm not sure why it would have an issue.

Hi

It is working now

I think I had a problem with my Joystick

Thank you

I had a nice fight against Mig23MS (see screenshot section)

I used 1980 IRIIAF planes

I shot down one Mig with a Phoenix and another with guns.

On 1/27/2019 at 12:59 AM, Wingsoffire2 said:

I Got a question though 

How can I mount AMRAAMs Into this baby ? 

Can you give me the codes so I Can install AMRAAMS ?

Operationally, the F-14 never carried them, but you can change the data.ini and loadout.ini files to allow it to.  I did a theoretical F-14 on my own install and replaced the AIM-7 slots with AIM-120s.  Go into your Data.ini file and change [MissileStation1bis], [MissileStation2bis], [SparrowStation4], [SparrowStation3], [SparrowStation2], and [SparrowStation1]'s AllowedWeaponClass= from SAHM to AHM (AllowedWeaponClass=AHM).  Also add "NATO" to AttachmentType= (AttachmentType=USN,NATO).  This will put AMRAAMs into the Sparrow stations, while leaving Phoenix on pylons.  It will prevent the aircraft from carrying AIM-7s, however.  The other option, if you still want to carry AIM-7s in those slots, is to make the station allow for SAHM,AHM (AllowedWeaponClass=AHM,SAHM), but for some reason I recall this made it go a little wonky.  Changing the loadout.ini, just go through and switch AIM-7(variant) with AIM-120(variant) (e.g., AIM-7M to AIM-120C) for each of the associated weapon stations to change your default loadouts.

Hello Folks,

i want to tweak some cockpit lights on the F-14. So the Gun Rate lights are switching when you change the Gunsight mode. But i want to switch the SW COOL and MLS PRP like in the TW Cockpit.

Can anybody give me a hint?

THX

Lex