Sign in to follow this  
Ale6

Removing the flight data display

S! all

does anyone know how to remove the flight data display (the window on the lower left corner that have the airspeed, altitude, etc)? i have seached for it in the ini files but i cant find it.

thanks.

Wellcome

Its in the file HUDDATA in Flight folder, but its hidden inside the "cat" security file and you must extract it first (okay?) and modify it. Get the cat extractor in the Utilities download section. Extract the file and leave it in the folder so the game will read it first and ignore the original file hiding inside the "cat" file.

Here is the part of my HUDDATA dealing with flight text. Try it first, you may like the improvement.....if I recall (?), all I did was make the text smaller but still readable (Font size). I may make it even smaller.

TextFontName=Arial

TextSize=9

[infoDisplay]

//BackgroundImage=TextBackground.tga (.....the // means my game ignores this line so I use no background box)

BottomLeftPosition=0.01,0.985

BottomRightPosition=

//BottomRightPosition=0.99,0.985

DisplayWidth=0.30

VerticalBorder=0.0015

HorizontalBorder=0.008

EnemyTargetColor=1.0,0.0,0.0,1.0

FriendlyTargetColor=0.0,0.0,1.0,1.0

UnknownTargetColor=1.0,1.0,0.0,1.0

WaypointColor=1.0,1.0,1.0,1.0

TextFile=HUDText.str

NormalColor=1.0,1.0,1.0,1.0

WarningColor1=1.0,1.0,0.0,1.0

WarningColor2=1.0,0.0,0.0,1.0

AGLAltStart=609.6

AGLAltWarning

I am sure there is an "official" way to turn it OFF if you wish, but I don't know it (I have a feeling I will soon know!!!). If not, I guess set the Font to Zero, that might work. Maybe just set TexFile= ... that may work too, or crash. Or change the text coordinates so it becomes microscopic at the lower left corner of monitor.

Edited by Lexx_Luthor

:shok:

Or, just try setting text coordinates far off the screen--left, right, high, or low--so you never see them. That might work.