Sign in to follow this  
Hauksbee

Mauser C-96 M (1915)

Found this on YouTube in a short video on strange WWI weapons. Weighted heavily toward helmets and steel body armor and dog-leg shaped rifles with periscopes for sniping over the lip of a trench, this is the Mauser C-96 M 1915. Invented by the Austro-Hungarian Air Force, it involved 10 Mauser C-96 pistols (7.62) lashed together. It claimed a rate of 1000 rnds/min (probably not including re-load times). Its service life was 1915-1916; just until machine guns supplanted it. Its effect was probably more like a shotgun.

C-96.jpg

Interesting find, Hauksbee - I had never seen that mount!

That's really strange.   Any others?  I do know that there was a German WWII rifle that would shoot round corners.  Must have caused a lot of wear and tear at the turn. 

Here's the whole video clip...

• Like 1

Thanks, I'll watch it when back from the job.

Funny - you are still up, and I am up again.

(Without coffee, this life would be impracticable...)

That's really strange.   Any others?  I do know that there was a German WWII rifle that would shoot round corners.  Must have caused a lot of wear and tear at the turn. 

Yes, that is the Krummlauf curved barrel and periscope conversion for German Sturmgewehr 44. The barrel attachments wore out fast but were replaceable.

In the realm of aerial warfare, Soviets had a fondness for strapping absurd numbers of small arms together. Most famous is their experiments with using the PPSh-41 submachine gun as a ground attack payload on the Tu-2 bomber. They placed 88 PPSh-41s in the bomb bay at a 30 degree angle that could be fired for an anti-personnel attack. It was used in combat trials on the Eastern Front but never became a popular payload.

tumblr_inline_ns02cpftRy1t90ue7_1280.jpg

Also Soviets strapped four Maxim M1910 MGs together as an anti-aircraft mount that became very popular in use on the Eastern Front as a static emplacement and also a mobile AA-gun on the flatbed of trucks.

600px-BitvaZaMoskvu-Maxim3.jpg

• Like 2

I wonder how much trigger-pull it took to fire all ten Mausers at once?