Fubar512

My Favorite Lamborghini

Mention the name Lamborghini, and the first thing that may come to mind is an Aventador, or a Mulcielago, or a Countach.  If you're approaching my age, you may possibly even visualize a Miura.

But to me, this is the one that personifies Ferruccio Lamborghini's vision of a fast, comfortable, grand touring car.  The Espada.  I'll take mine in dark metallic blue  :biggrin:

Lamborghini-Espada.jpg

Here's Jay Leno's take on the Espada:

Edited by Fubar512
  • Like 6

Yea.... car manufacturing was different in old times.... I wouldn't buy anything made after the 80's

I know you all are going to kill me for this. But that looks almost looks like a Pinto to me.

I know you all are going to kill me for this. But that looks almost looks like a Pinto to me.

Ah, no.  If you think that's the case, you seriously  need to have your eyes checked.  :blink:

autowp.ru_ford_pinto_17.jpg

Allow me to put it this way:

Ford Pinto: ordinary economic subcompact car.

Lamborghini Espada: sports car equivalent to Italian high-fashion & exclusivity, actual price in the 6 digit figure.

(To many car enthusiasts let's say that, a Lamborghini engine has a "soul" of its own.)

• Like 1

Blasphemy! :biggrin:

• Like 1

Cars looked cooler back in the day. Not only Lambos.

At some time, a Lambo-designer must have come across a car-wreck and thought "hmm, all those wrinkles...."

The Espada has its own charm, and it's one of my favorite designs from them.

Allow me to put it this way:

Ford Pinto: ordinary economic subcompact car.

Lamborghini Espada: sports car equivalent to Italian high-fashion & exclusivity, actual price in the 6 digit figure.

(To many car enthusiasts let's say that, a Lamborghini engine has a "soul" of its own.)

I am glad that you brought the term "sports car" into the thread.  The Espada, and its ilk, are not sports cars. They are true GT (Grand Touring) cars,  Here's what the Wikipedia has to say about it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_tourer

• Like 1

I am glad that you brought the term "sports car" into the thread.  The Espada, and its ilk, are not sports cars. They are true GT (Grand Touring) cars,  Here's what the Wikipedia has to say about it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_tourer

Hello,

I know, yesterday I also checked that precisely at wikipedia.

However I didn't want to bother skyviper with such "technicalities", and used the more omnibus therm "sports car".

I love the way the Top Gear guys talk about Lamborghinis. They love the insanity of the cars. When trying out the Aventador, Richard Hammond was a little disappointed. He said, "The sound it makes is spirited rather than deafening. The air conditioning works. It's a proper car, not a machine that's trying to kill you."

Here's the vid. The part above begins at 6:10

I love the way the Top Gear guys talk about Lamborghinis. They love the insanity of the cars. When trying out the Aventador, Richard Hammond was a little disappointed. He said, "The sound it makes is spirited rather than deafening. The air conditioning works. It's a proper car, not a machine that's trying to kill you."

Here's the vid. The part above begins at 6:10

Precisely. That's what I like on their Top Gear, the way they "read" and evaluate every car.

I remember one of them commenting about, the recent path of Lamborghini trying to give their cars a more "civilized and pretty looks", when a Lamborghini always has had a "monster and exaggerate" charisma.

• Like 1