Sign in to follow this  
jack72

FE2 - stopped working message

I installed the game and ran it once to ensure that all was installed properly.

Got into a single mission and flew around and all seems well.

I haven't put in any addons in,   An hour later, I loaded FE2 again, and got the message

WW1-1918 has stopped working

A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly.

Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

My system is Win 8.1.

i7-490

Nvidia card

Does anyone know what is causing this.  Is FE2 just not compatible with Win 8.1?

do you have FE patched up to the latest patch ? also check your screen res is correct too, make sure you have your Windows fully patched up as well, direct x in particular.

Thanks Trotski00

I thought the FE expansion 1 was all patched ready...

Guess perhaps not...

I went to the Thirdwire site and found the following patches

Do I need to install each one, for example  with the FE patches and work my way up.

or can I just install the FE2 Jun 2010 patch and that should have everything?

Updates to First Eagles 2

Updates to First Eagles

I have a feeling it is a cumaltive patch, if you are using FE2 you dont need the FE 1 patches mate, just have a look at the june 2010 one and see if it is indeed cumalative, if so just apply that one, but if you want to install the others , it wont hurt either as long as you do them in order mate.

just the FE2 ones though as the FE 1 patches dont apply

you are most welcome

Hmmm...looks like I can't handle this....

I have installed these two files to my c drive.

WWI_web_setup  - I believe is FE

WWI_exp1_setup - I believe is FE2 - could I be wrong?  this is what I get when purchased FE2 from 3rdwire.  (If I install this without the file above it won't install) 

I downloaded the patch 

When I run it (and I point it to my First Eagles file (don't see a FE2 reference in the c->thirdwire->first eagles path., I get a message saying that it cannot find FE2?

Are the two files above correct?

Edited by jack72

I think the best thing to do, is uninstall it all, then re download from 3rd wire again, then only apply the Jul 2010 update, if it isnt already part of the 3rd wire install, I can remember if it is or not as it was a long while ago I purchased it myself......but as you dont have any add ons installed, I would go down the uninstall - reinstall route, when you have done that, start the game up, and see if it tells you in game that it is at the jul 2010 patch or not ( it will show in the bottom right corner of your loading screen ) if it doesnt show then download the jul 2010 patch and install, like I said dont apply any of the FE 1 patches, as those are not applicable.....let me know how you get on

Jack72, checking my back up files would indicate that WWI_Web_Setup and WWI_exp1_setup are FE files rather than FE2.  FE2_web_setup_Jul2010 is the FE2 installation file.  That would explain your error message.

CRIPS !!!!

Your right.....

Getting FE2 now....

Edited by jack72

Sorry I assumed you had the correct files to begin with......