Sign in to follow this  
Sokol

wingmen movement in formations

hi,

one of the best features of the sf-series is the up-and-down-movement of wingmen in formations. however in some of my ww2-installations wingmen fly rock steady, no waltzing or rolling or anything else. pretty unrealistic.

which statements / which file do control this behaviour ?

thanks for your answers

cheers

sokol

one of the best features of the sf-series is the up-and-down-movement of wingmen in formations.

which statements / which file do control this behaviour ?

Hi

I give you my thoughts about the subject.

To me, it's not a feature. It's the artificial intelligence of the game that's actually struggle to keep the wingmen in formation.

I think it's due to an unstable flight model, that could be very accurate depending on the aircraft.

If you have a steady flight, I think it's because the flight model is stable, that could be right too.

I edited a flight model on my own for an aircraft and noticed that the wingmen weren't moving anymore as they were doing before I edited the FM.

Only my opinion, nothing proves what I'm saying.

So the answer to the question should be  : editing of the flight model -> data.ini file in the aircraft folder

No specific statement, you have to redo all the FM.

Edited by Cliff7600

Hi Cliff,

thanks for your remark ;-). AFAIK wingmen's movements have been a feature in SF1-series. Which is impressive and imersive, since even highly qualified aerobatic teams show this behaviour - none of their planes flies rock steady. less so an ordinary pilot.

any idea ?

cheers

sokol