Sign in to follow this  

I keep trying to run SF2 on unlimited, and I am get weird graphical glitches. It runs fine on low. It also won't recognize my GPU, and is instead running intel graphics, which I believe to be the root of the problem. I'll add a screenshot of the glitch.

post-79567-0-74324800-1470182091_thumb.jpg

Edited by other444

The easiest solution, is to disable the Intel integrated graphics in your system's BIOS, thereby forcing all applications to use your discrete GPU.

Well, if that is a laptop, disabling the intel card might not work. My previous laptop was blessed with such a system and you could not turn it of as the intel card had the only built-in link to the display itself. What worked for me to use the stronger secondary GPU, was to assign the PhysX and whatever I could to the Nvidia card, then SF2 would recognize and give an option to select it. Not sure how that would work with an Ati card since the original post lack this detail what type of secondary card he got.

Well, if that is a laptop, disabling the intel card might not work. My previous laptop was blessed with such a system and you could not turn it of as the intel card had the only built-in link to the display itself. What worked for me to use the stronger secondary GPU, was to assign the PhysX and whatever I could to the Nvidia card, then SF2 would recognize and give an option to select it. Not sure how that would work with an Ati card since the original post lack this detail what type of secondary card he got.

how does one do that, i have a 960m currently not recognized by the game

Well, right click on desktop, select "Nvidia control panel"

On the configure Physix option set up like on the picture and click "apply". Also on the "Manage 3D settings"  Either under "global" or "program" settings set the Nvidia card to be used as primary card. If you do it under global, most programs will use it, if required under the "program" settings option you can individually assign the SF2 games to use it.

My current laptop has only one card and the other is far away now so can not make a picture of that but you should be able to do it easily.

post-30564-0-85665400-1470274493_thumb.jpg

Well, right click on desktop, select "Nvidia control panel"

On the configure Physix option set up like on the picture and click "apply". Also on the "Manage 3D settings"  Either under "global" or "program" settings set the Nvidia card to be used as primary card. If you do it under global, most programs will use it, if required under the "program" settings option you can individually assign the SF2 games to use it.

My current laptop has only one card and the other is far away now so can not make a picture of that but you should be able to do it easily.

attachicon.gifnv1.jpg

that worked great, thank you.

• Like 1

Your welcome!