Sign in to follow this  
jack72

Couple of question on Armchari Aces.

I am currently downloading all the required aircraft for Armchair Aces.

Question 1

On some of the instructions,

Fokker E.III - by Laton.................................................add Peter01 FM

I take it that I can install Peter01 FM after all the aircraft from the readme list is installed rather do each one at the time that I install a particular aircraft?.

FPfalz E.I - by Laton.......................................................add FM in this package)

When getting the aircraft files from combatace, there was no extra FM package in the download.  Does this mean that the Peter01 FM will have this FM?

Question 2

Regarding Peter01 FM...I noticed several files such as

1) REALLY FIXED FE2 Game Files and 4 FE2 FMs 2010

2) 108 FE1 and/or FE2 FMs March 2010

3) UPDATED FE Plane FMs for Nov 2008 Patch

4) FM Update 3rd September

5) QUICK START FMs and Campaigns for Oct 2007

6)FULL SET FMs and Campaigns for Oct 2007 Ver...                        

Do I need to install all 6 for FE2 - Armchair Aces, and do they include all the FM for the airplanes that was installed based on the readme instructions of Armchair Aces?

If not, do I have to download and install individual FM for each add-on aircraft?

Question 3

As I was downloading  the aircraft, I wanted to check my progress on installation so I created a quick flight using the Fokker M7/BI.  I could increase the engine power, but the plane would not move.  Will this be fixed once the FMs are installed or is there a way to get this to move.  I  was wondering if there is a brake key that I have to release?

Edited by jack72

Jack72:  Yes you can install the additional aircraft and change the FM's later (FM's are in the aircraft .data file so you just copy and paste the .data file).  "In this package" means the FM (.data file) is in one of the Armchair Aces downloads.  The Pfalz EI .data file is in the 1.5 Redux download.  You don't need to install all six FM downloads.  Start with the 2010 versions and if the one you are looking for isn't in those try some of the older downloads working backwards 2010, 2009, etc.  I tried my Fokker M7/BI and it took off under my manual control.  Delete it and reinstall, maybe you didn't get a complete, uncorrupted install.  Czech6

Hi jack72

Not long ago I went through the same process as you are now and I couldn't find Hanriot HD1 and Aviatik C.I in Peter01 FM's.

ojcar posted the files and you can find them in reply #44 here
http://combatace.com/topic/85292-armchair-aces-updated/page-3

When you are up and running I can recommend adding "Tweaked Flight Models and Realism Pack for FE2" with JSGME. These are the latest FE FM's by VonS updated with "FE2 Aircraft Hit Box Revisions" by Nicholas Bell and many other changes, check this thread for more info:
http://combatace.com/topic/87403-tweaked-flight-models-and-realism-pack-for-fe2/
and
http://combatace.com/topic/88710-fe2-aircraft-hit-box-revisions/

Good luck!

vonOben

Edited by vonOben