denissoliveira

Cockpit.ini list of items and documentation for creating

This is from the skyhawk cockpit:

[sAMLight]

Type=THREAT_LAUNCH_WARNING_LIGHT

NodeName=warning_light_sam

MovementType=LIGHT

In case I understood your "sam-lite" wrong, just ignore this. :)

I found my mistake also onthis...but to be more specific...

Type=THREAT_GROUND_RADAR_WARNING_LIGHT

its in dll but looks like its not working...

Type=THREAT_LAUNCH_WARNING_LIGHT  => refer to any launch agains player aircraft...

this one is working and small light in pit is ON when MiGs are chasin me...

[AI]

Type=THREAT_AIR_INTERCEPT_WARNING_LIGHT

NodeName=wrn_AI

MovementType=LIGHT

but

Type=THREAT_GROUND_RADAR_WARNING_LIGHT is not

Another question...

MovementType=DIGITAL_DISPLAY

how does it work....?

and how to map skin on node..?

Hi Yakarov,

Digital_Display entry is used for digital counters. You will need separate mesh for each digit, like single digit, 10, 100, 1000 or depend on the type of instrument you want it to use that. 

Naming as an example:

Chaff_dig1 = single (last number)
Chaff_dig2 = 10-s
Chaff_dig3 = 100-s

Mapping is simple, it only have to cover the first number, its usually 0. and this is the exact layout. The game engine is built such a way that it will always make 5 steps to the right in 2 vertical positions (2 rows only) with the texture. so it will limit how big you can make the number on the skin.

post-30564-0-38646500-1486966135.jpg

You can set any instruments that displays numbers as digital_display, like, heading, chaf/flare/weapon/ripple counter/interval, fuel quantity, altimeter, speed, etc..

Thanks !

Edited by yakarov79
  • Like 1

On 9/6/2016 at 8:40 PM, logan4 said:

the bellow shows what I have for the M4k mirrors. So wherever you place them on the UVW they will show those areas or certain overlaps in case of multiple meshes. Only they will show a bit above rear view, never perfect side image like on the cars/trucks, that part is probably coded in.

post-30564-0-62674300-1473186889.jpg

well after some trial and error on rh-53, I've finally managed to have in the mirror what should be...

It depends where uvw is placed. In case map is square - divide it into 9 parts...and then where uvw of a specific mirror is placed...then it will show certain area. In my case lower right corner of the square. And of course proper scale also matters.

img00010.thumb.JPG.0b9a7963d0cfc727ddf45262426a3b86.JPG

img00007.thumb.JPG.b9ef6ce08fcbc263dcccf03dc8c16568.JPG

or like in this Harrier in left you can see left wing no center and right little center little right wing....

img00001.thumb.JPG.480970dbc793455763a3ba71510aadc8.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I need some help here from our pit experts, working on the Sea Harrier FA2 pit.

Is there a way to make the 5 weapons station selector switches use-able more than once? Seing as we can hang differing weapons on any particular pylon, I've tried all kinds of entries but cant get any of them to work for more than once.

If I were to set them as:

[PortOuterPylonSW]
Type=WEAPON_TYPE_ID
NodeName=LOuter_Arm
MovementType=ROTATION_X
Set[01].Position=30.0
Set[01].Value=0
Set[02].Position=0.0
Set[02].Value=1
ItemNumber=1

What would be the best way to set up the value and position entries? I'm guessing Value= would be my weapon, and Position= is the angle of the switch?

Do I still need the ItemNumber entry?

Or am I just wasting my time??? I was trying all sorts of stuff a few weeks back until my little brain could take no more....:stars:

Any help would help this thing see the light of day.

Stations.thumb.jpg.f137cf1bcd947bfc88477f9aac6f2599.jpg

Yes you can.

here is from *.out file of one of cobra  pits.

Armament_Control-Panel [270 polys, 280 verts] '14 - Default'
                SwitchWeapons [85 polys, 111 verts] '23 - Default'
                Selector_Weapons [138 polys, 178 verts] '16 - Default'
                SwitchesWeapon [288 polys, 356 verts] '23 - Default'
                Switch_L-Wing-out [2 polys, 4 verts] '18 - Default'
                    Switch_L-Zuni-out [2 polys, 4 verts] '18 - Default'
                        SwitchARM1 [66 polys, 70 verts] '23 - Default'                          -  THIS is switch that is really swich - both above are just invisible nodes assigned to specific stations.
                Switch_R-Wing-out [2 polys, 4 verts] '18 - Default'
                    Switch_R-Zuni-out [2 polys, 4 verts] '18 - Default'
                        SwitchARM4 [66 polys, 70 verts] '23 - Default'
                Switch_L-Wing-gp [2 polys, 4 verts] '18 - Default'
                    Switch_L-Wing-in [2 polys, 4 verts] '18 - Default'
                        Switch_L-Zuni-in [2 polys, 4 verts] '18 - Default'
                            SwitchARM2 [66 polys, 70 verts] '23 - Default'
                Switch_R-Wing-gp [2 polys, 4 verts] '18 - Default'
                    Switch_R-Wing-in [2 polys, 4 verts] '18 - Default'
                        Switch_R-Zuni-in [2 polys, 4 verts] '18 - Default'
                            SwitchARM3 [66 polys, 70 verts] '23 - Default'

and in cocpit ini file it works likr this:

[weaponStationL3]
Type=WEAPON_STATION_SELECTOR
NodeName=Switch_L-Wing-out
MovementType=ROTATION_Z
Set[01].Position=0.0
Set[01].Value=0
Set[02].Position=-30.0
Set[02].Value=1
ItemNumber=2   - weapon station IDnumber

[WpnSt_ZuniOut-L]
Type=WEAPON_STATION_SELECTOR
NodeName=Switch_L-Zuni-out
MovementType=ROTATION_Z
Set[01].Position=0.0
Set[01].Value=0
Set[02].Position=-30.0
Set[02].Value=1
ItemNumber=4  - weapon station IDnumber

meaning make 'switch node'that is visible in pit and is moving in pit...but it is last child in node tree...where nodes higher in the hierarchy are responsible for moving switch depending on weapons station used...

• Like 1

Thank you very much kind sir, I'll give it a try later.:good:

Hi all!

I'm a bit late on SF2 modding. I wonder that nobody made a RWR mod for the Harrier Gr.3? Hoping for some reply :)

check the mega installs . NATO Fighters 5 would be a good start point i think.

Gents, I´m trying very hard to turn the MiG-25 cockpit (Su-15 one) into MiG-25R recce version. I took off the gunsight but my main problem is to convert the radar screen into a moving map pattern. 

Any clue????