Sign in to follow this  
snapple2993

Where has Snapple been?

Well, it's been a while since I posted here, and it's been even longer since I was a regular.

Basically I stopped playing flight sims for a while. I may try out the new patch for PF though. I've been playing the Stony Road mod for Hearts of Iron, and I've been playing a lot of Rome Total War lately. However I did buy WOV some time ago, but it reminded me too much of SF (horrible memories) for me to take to it, but I may give it another go. My PC is still pretty average so I can't play LOMAC. Oh and I fell in love with ESPN NFL 2K5, and played some Halo 2. So that's the news on gaming.

As some of you may recall, I was planning on joining the Navy, and going to OCS after college. Well last semester sucked, because I've been mentally finished with college like 6 months. So now, I'm finishing my degree this summer, and I WILL graduate on August 6th. But...... here's the fun part. I've lost all interest in the Navy, I hate the Chair Force, and the Army is... well the Army. Sooooooo, I'M GOING TO BE A MARINE BEFORE THE END OF THE YEAR! I will probably ship out to boot in late August or sometime in September. I haven't signed anything yet, but that's just because I'm trying to work out routes to OCS. It's looking like I will go Reserves or Enlisted first, because quite frankly, I'm out of shape (not fat, but no Marine either).

Btw, I finally quit smoking. It's only been a week, but I have absolutely no want of cigs at all.

Also, I am engaged to a very smart, loving, and beautiful woman (kinda looks like Katie Holmes)...... and she's pregnant. Our child is due on January 8th. She stands behind my decision to become a Marine. All she asks is that I don't get killed, and I would be inclined to agree. I think we'll do okay while I'm away, but being an Army brat, she understands.

Also, I've lost almost all taste for alcohol. Well, I don't binge drink anymore, so that's good news.

So within the next six months, I'll be a college grad, a Marine, a daddy, and I may be married within that time frame.

Cheers,

Jason Saffell

Oh ya, mother of GOD I've become conservative over the last year. I still voted for Kerry, but that's just because I hate W, Chenney, and Rummy.

I know... NO POLITICS, but it is important to note, since I was so staunch a liberal some time ago. Now I'm a moderate who leans to the right.

Good luck to you, Jason.

Soon to be a husband, daddy, and a Marine? Whoa!

Not going into the Navy eh? Well, at least with the Marines, you'll still be part of the Navy. Wink.

Navy Chief

retnavycpo@gmail.com

Snapple! Good to see you again!

Wow! You sure have changed a lot in the while you were gone :biggrin: Congrats on the baby and the engagement! And a marine, very cool. Sounds like a big year for you. I wish you the best of luck, man.

And an CONSERVATIVE! Woo! We succeeded! :grin:

Snapple, Glad to hear your doing so well pard. Gettin off the smokes and binge drinking is one of the smartest moves you'll ever make. Your smart enough to realize it early on. I had to learn the hard way and go thru the ringer. Congratulations on the soon to be new wife and child. Ive found the love of my life too. Hang on to them bro, thru thick and thin, they are a precious thing. Going into the Marines will get you inshape fershure. Its a good branch pal. :victory:

Hey Snap,

Glad you're back. Got a lot going on too, Marriage, kids, Marine boot camp! Don't envy you, but...been there done that, only I went through Navy 13 weeks boot. See you on the other side when you finish OCS boot.

Don't expect to hear from you for a while but go kick some ass!

Foofighter

Good luck to you, Jason.

Soon to be a husband, daddy, and a Marine?  Whoa! 

Not going into the Navy eh?  Well, at least with the Marines, you'll still be part of the Navy.  Wink.

Navy Chief

retnavycpo@gmail.com

Yep the Marines are a Dept. of the Navy..of course it's the MENS DEPT. :victory: (hey Chief..that was for you. :cool: )

Glad things are falling inot place.Nothing but the best and may the sun be at your back!

Oh yeah..HEY BOOT!!!! DROP AND GIVE ME 50!!!! SEMPER FI!

Just looking for the six month update from Jason.

I like his Elite New Member status...lol-------Fixed

He should get a warning for insulting my Air Force.....which I have been a part of for 15 years now......but I will let it slide. I mean he could join Air Force if he could color inside the lines but since he can't, I see why he is going to be a Marine. :biggrin::haha: