Do335

Yankee Air Pirate moving on

I moved on years ago... it didn't do anything good for me. When I mentioned some of the early problems with it the dev got mad at me and told me I never shouldn't even be simming. I've simmed since 1994.

Edited by exhausted
  • Like 2

Sad news. I hope anyway YAP missions become freeware or payware from another legal site. It is a pitty to lose all that well deatiled missions.

I moved on years ago... it didn't do anything good for me. When I mentioned some of the early problems with it the dev got mad at me and told me I never shouldn't even be simming. I've simmed since 1994.

I had alittle bit of that at skunkworks and here and there,, I told them don't get mad when you put out a mod that doesn't work,, and when someone like me comes along and fixes it ,,and let's people know how to do it..

All good things must come to an end, love it or hate it, the YAP team have given me and many others some of the best flight simming experiences ever.

• Like 2

I've enjoyed their stuff, mostly the AC I couldn't get anywhere else. All good things come to an end, then you just have to make them yourself. Nuff said.

Anyone has Rising Sun phase 34? If yes could u check if the B29 has distance LODs? (LOD2, LOD3.. etc) Would appreciate the help...

suppose it's mostly now or never so, if it provides distance LODs i'll get it.

Edited by Do335

Anyone has Rising Sun phase 3? If yes could u check if the B29 has distance LODs? (LOD2, LOD3.. etc) Would appreciate the help...

suppose it's mostly now or never so, if it provides distance LODs i'll get it.

[LOD001]

Filename=B-29_09.lod

Distance=8000

[shadow]

CastShadow=TRUE

ShadowCastDist=10000

MaxVisibleDistance=400

[LOD001]

Filename=B-29_09.lod

Distance=8000

[shadow]

CastShadow=TRUE

ShadowCastDist=10000

MaxVisibleDistance=400

Thank you (again:D) strahi.

Few packs of beer saved!...

• Like 1

Is there anything in particular from YAP that should get picked up before the site is shutdown?

I do wish them the best of luck with whatever their lives lead them to. CA could offer to help retain the work but they are looking for a purchase it sounds like. Maybe someone here knows what the details of such a purchase would include?

• Like 1

What a great body of work these guys produced.

Hope they don't quit cold turkey.

Love the real missions they re-created and especially the eye candy provided with the missions/mission sets.

:salute:

• Like 1

05 punished anyone who disagreed with him in any way. He also ripped off some of the modders who provided material to him. As I prefer to research and create my own historical missions to suite my preferences, my main use for YAP was the models, especially the aircraft carriers. No one else ever released a comparable Vietnam era CVAN-65 Enterprise. 

• Like 1

This morning I bought Rising Sun 4... Do you have any idea for other YAP Mods?

Last year I purchased:

- Rising Sun 1

- Carrier Pack 1

- YAP3 Set 3

Best regards

Strait of Hormuz is pretty good too.

• Like 2

my main use for YAP was the models, especially the aircraft carriers.

Triggered by this thread, I picked up YAP4 and have been admiring the models.  I've only skimmed the surface, but they look outstanding.

Triggered by this thread, I picked up YAP4 and have been admiring the models.  I've only skimmed the surface, but they look outstanding.

YAP4 ??

YAP4 ??

The fourth release - Rising Sun 4 (?)  I was wondering if the China map was hi-res, plus some of the models look really tasty.

Bobrock did a lot of models for YAP, most of them are available @ turbosquit....

The fourth release - Rising Sun 4 (?)  I was wondering if the China map was hi-res, plus some of the models look really tasty.

You had me excited there for a bit.  I thought I'd missed a YAP (Vietnam) set.

All the tiles files (BMP & TGA format) are 512x512 sized but are looking good in game, pleasant surprise all the PSD for these files have been included in the package

Another good thing this YAP last product is the only one intended to be used with SFP2

Thank you YAP for all the amazing stuff made all over the years.

I own some of their missions sets , mainly due to the aircraft carriers, and the only thing I can say is that the level of quality of their work is simply amazing, and I wish them all the best.

Edited by FRPignon

I wish them well. perhaps an enterprising individual will peddle the individual files. I'd buy YAP3 for the T-28D if i didn't have to buy all 9 missions, that could be still worth it if i wasn't budgeting my sim time tho.

perhaps i'll panic buy the helo pack with the H-34.

CL

Edited by charlielima