Sign in to follow this  
RAVEN

NA and Win XP

Okay I have a clean full install with Exp 1+2. And a lot of DLC. ( No Mod's yet) What do I need to do to get NA to run, other than upgrade to Win7?

Make a copy of an EXE that is NOT the NA exe, raname it to NA exe and run that. For the IcelandNA map you need to download Gerwin's back modded IcelandNA. I have Win8.1 but I still use that (faster)

Way cool, Thanks. Time for Modders hell.

Raven,

Just my personal curiosity, but why Windows XP?

Geary

Raven,

Just my personal curiosity, but why Windows XP?

Geary

INDEED LOL

• Like 1

I use XP too. Its stable and my very old computer is not good enough for a newer windows.

SF2NA runs fin under XP without any other exe file. Only the modded Iceland terrain was neccessary.

I had recently retrograded a computer from Windows 7 to XP-64bit as a test computer for SF1.  But as I didn't find any real advantage over Windows 7, I reloaded it to Windows 7.

This has me interested.  I may build a Windows XP computer if I can find all the old parts I want.  Something new (old?) to experiment with.

Where can I find 'Gerwin's back modded IcelandNA'?  I can't seem to find it in the download sections as it is named.