Sign in to follow this  
savagkc

rotating on axis?

Many of the aircraft begin a hard rotation to the right along the planes center axis.

Even on the airstrip it will turn right. Makes a plane very hard to fly straight and level,

Is there a setting that can fix this?

A search here wasn't much help.

I'm not a modder but know enough to be dangerous :biggrin:

Thanks,

savagcl

There's two specific instances I can think of that has caused such a phenomenon for me:  Loose joystick cord and asymmetric loadouts.  In the case of the former, normally, just pushing the cord back in will fix it (normally, the disconnect is between the stick and the throttle), but I have run into a situation where I actually had to quit the game and restart for it to stop an uncommanded right roll.  The latter happens if there is asymmetry in the loadout and is exacerbated by the degree of asymmetry.  For example, on the F-14, a Phoenix on one glove pylon and a LANTIRN on the other generates a lot of weight differential and noticeable roll in the direction of the Phoenix.  Similar if you've got some Anti-Ship Missiles attached and you fire one of them, but not the other.  Those are the only things I can think of.  What aircraft are giving you the problem?

Thanks for replying,

Saitek Cyborg EVO Joystick checks out OK (old but reliable). Still zeroes in nicely.

It appears to be most of the planes (50/60%) have this problem.

Understand the unbalanced loadouts and how it could make problems but

sometimes there is no loadout other than guns. 

With prop planes understand engine pull and centrifugal force can be a slight problem also.

Should not be a problem with jets tho, i would think.

I prefer the P-51D Mustang but fly all types.

thanks,

savagcl

What aircraft are giving you the problem?

Can you please give an exemple of an aircraft that has the issue ?

Because maybe other users play only the 50/40% of the planes that work ok,

or maybe they fly the same planes than you without any problem.

Caesar flies Tomcat ;^)

Tomcats fly straight xD

I recently saw mistakes in the data.ini file of

Harrier GR.3

Su-27

Buccaneer

F4U

that may cause unwanted rolling.

Hey Savagkc! I agree 100% with cliff on the joystick issue once and awhile I will get that same right roll for me it's always super subtle. I also get a slight nose down push once and awhile... Everytime it happens I simply disconnect the USB cord from the stick to the computer and it fixes the issue. Try this while in a mission... SF2 will not delete your stick layout during a mission while the joystick is disconnected. The deletion of your stick layout only occurs while moving through the menus.

To repeat, go into a mission and disconnect and reconnect all the ports or plugs associated with your joystick until the problem goes away