dear friends.i have a question.how can i add ONLY rudder and stablazars of a F-84F (TMF) to another plane WITHOUT use 3D ways.i want to do it with a way like add pilots (like in some mirage V or kefir series).is there any way to hide some objects of pilot folder like hide objects of main aircrafts.If there is possible then i can add a f-84f to an aircraft like f-105 AND hide entire of f-84f body exept rudder and stabs.

please help and guide me.

Hi kurdistan, you need to delete the parts with ini entries on the plane you want to add your parts to. Than you need to create those parts with 3D max, map them, and export it as fake pilot parts. Than you add them with ini entries .. but they will not move 

it would be easier to make the whole thing from the ground up I would have thought, scabbing bits on may be a bit messy, and also wont work properly, not that I'm any kind of expert.

ok another question.how can add a lod file to 3d max?i want to ad lod file of f-84 (if its posiible) then work on 3d fil:delete only fus and wings and use tail and stabs?

again, as has been stated over and over, you CAN'T.

Once the file has been exported from MAX into the final Lod format, it's locked "as is" for all time. The only modifications that can be done, are to the original source  (max file), and then exported again to the final Lod format.

Other than hack via the remove component trick or scabbing on things via 'fake pilot'. 

and why one would want to screw around with the Thud, when it's perfectly fine the way it is, is beyond me.

dear master Wrench.I said that for example.ok ok !!!you are right.now how can get Max files as in f-84f of TW or TMF and the others.of cource I know to work with 3dmax but as an architect.mean as making and editing buildings..i cant imagine airfoils and wings etc....but i can change 3dsmax files.like add or rotate or delete objects and then export to lod files and use as fake pilots.

with help of my other master "spinners" i can now edit ini files and change and ballance more items or delete some objects from lod files.

Now my master wrench whoud you help me to create or atleast change max and lod file like i said above?

tnx

You need the max file of the plane, but it is not distributed ... you need to build it your self, use 3 Views of the plane ;)

indeed, unfortunately, none of the Max files for the 3rd Wire and TMF products are available. 

is there anybody get me gmax 1.2 please?.turbosquid site is closed.work with gmax is too easier than 3dsmax.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By crisisloaner
      Hello to all you super modders out there, I have no idea what I'm doing  but have managed to obtain a free 3d model from Turbo_Squid and have managed to use Blender to turn it into a Lod file. Problem is I have no idea what to do next regarding the ini's and skins ...I do not have 3ds and am a complete novice with blender (to be honest,I haven't even read the guidance on it yet !). Any help ion trying to create a viable game object much appreciated !
    • By mue

View File LOD Exporter for Blender
      I tried to implement the exporter only based on the information I found by investigating LOD files. I'm not a 3D Modeler myself. I only tested the exporter with rather simple object (hierarchies).
      The bottom line is that I have no idea if the exporter works for you. So please give feedback.
      Note: This plugin requires blender version 2.78 or 2.79. It is not compatible with blender versions 2.8+.
      1.) Installation
      Open the Blender User Preferences - Add-ons Tab
      (File -> User Preferences... -> Add-Ons)
      Click "Install from File..."
      Browse to and select the exporter python script "io_export_sf2_lod.py"
      Click "Install from File..." (or double click on the script name)
      In the Add-Ons Tab under Supported Level select Testing and enable "Import-Export: Strike Fighters 2 LOD Exporter"
      The LOD exporter is now installed and enabled. Under File -> Export you should see the menu item "Strike Fighters 2 LOD (.lod)". It's greyed out until an exportable object is selected.
      2.) Usage
      Select the object you want to export and click File -> Export -> Strike Fighters 2 LOD (.lod)
      The file browser opens. In the lower left area you see the LOD exporter options:
      -enable/disable writing the out file (text file with information about the exported object(s)).
      -enable/disable animation export
      -allow decals:
          This option is similar to the option in the original TW-Exporter: "Exporting using AllowDecals=0 causes the vertex to be shared, so it can reduce the size of the .LOD but also causes decals to "bleed" along the edges."
          This dialog setting is used as default for all objects to be exported. However, it can be overwritten by each individual object via the custom object property "AllowDecals" = 0(false) or 1(true)
      The selected object and all child objects are exported.
      Two custom object properties are supported by the exporter:
          -AllowDecals = 0 or 1, This option is similar to the option in the original TW-Exporter: "Exporting using AllowDecals=0 causes the vertex to be shared, so it can reduce the size of the .LOD but also causes decals to "bleed" along the edges."
          -UseFlatNormal = 0 or 1, if set to 1 then all vertex normals are pointing straight up (normal = (0,0,1)) in the objects local coordinate system.
      Please note!

The objects must meet the following requirements:
      -No scaling in the Transform Properties allowed (that means: scale x = y = z = 1.0). If your object has scaling, it should be applied to the mesh (Ctrl-A)
       Scaling is only allowed for animations.
      -A material must be assigned to the object. Only the first material of an object is exported.
      The following material parameters are exported:
          -Diffuse Color (the lod file format also contains ambient color. Currently the exporter set ambient color = diffuse color)
          -Specular Color
          -Specular Intensity
          -Specular Hardness (I think in 3ds Max it's called glossiness)
          -if "Shading -> Emit" > 0.0 then self illumination is enabled
          -Transparency (if transparency is enabled, then the object doesn't cast and doesn't catch shadow. if transparency is disabled, then the object cast and catch shadow. The specific LOD format version the exporter writes, doesn't support arbitrary cast/catch shadow combinations. The other LOD formats I don't understand enough (yet). Sorry!)
          -Alpha
          -Mirror Reflectivity
          -Diffuse texture image name (as diffuse texture the exporter uses the texture where "Influence -> Diffuse -> Color" is enabled)
          -Normal map texture image name("Influence -> Geometry -> Normal" is enabled and the Normal value is also exported)
          -Specular map texture image name("Influence -> Specular -> Intensity" is enabled)
          -Normal and specular map can only be used together with a diffuse map. (If I exported a normal or specular map without diffuse map, then the LOD wasn't shown in the game or the game crashed. I don't know why...)

Animation Export:

This exporter supports the following object animation types: location, rotation and scaling.
          Frames 10, 20, 30, ..., 100 are exported as animation 1
          Frames 110, 120, 130, ..., 200 are exported as animation 2, ...

3.)Credits:
      Thanks to logan4 and angelp who provided me with specific lod files that helped me to understand the lod file format better.

4.)Changelog:
      Version 0.1:
      -initial release
      Version 0.2:
      -bugfix: didn't work in blender version 0.79
      Version 0.3:
      -animation support
      -added custom object properties: "AllowDecals" and "UseFlatNormal"
      Submitter mue Submitted 04/30/2018 Category Utilities / Editors  
    • By mue
      I tried to implement the exporter only based on the information I found by investigating LOD files. I'm not a 3D Modeler myself. I only tested the exporter with rather simple object (hierarchies).
      The bottom line is that I have no idea if the exporter works for you. So please give feedback.
      Note: This plugin requires blender version 2.78 or 2.79. It is not compatible with blender versions 2.8+.
      1.) Installation
      Open the Blender User Preferences - Add-ons Tab
      (File -> User Preferences... -> Add-Ons)
      Click "Install from File..."
      Browse to and select the exporter python script "io_export_sf2_lod.py"
      Click "Install from File..." (or double click on the script name)
      In the Add-Ons Tab under Supported Level select Testing and enable "Import-Export: Strike Fighters 2 LOD Exporter"
      The LOD exporter is now installed and enabled. Under File -> Export you should see the menu item "Strike Fighters 2 LOD (.lod)". It's greyed out until an exportable object is selected.
      2.) Usage
      Select the object you want to export and click File -> Export -> Strike Fighters 2 LOD (.lod)
      The file browser opens. In the lower left area you see the LOD exporter options:
      -enable/disable writing the out file (text file with information about the exported object(s)).
      -enable/disable animation export
      -allow decals:
          This option is similar to the option in the original TW-Exporter: "Exporting using AllowDecals=0 causes the vertex to be shared, so it can reduce the size of the .LOD but also causes decals to "bleed" along the edges."
          This dialog setting is used as default for all objects to be exported. However, it can be overwritten by each individual object via the custom object property "AllowDecals" = 0(false) or 1(true)
      The selected object and all child objects are exported.
      Two custom object properties are supported by the exporter:
          -AllowDecals = 0 or 1, This option is similar to the option in the original TW-Exporter: "Exporting using AllowDecals=0 causes the vertex to be shared, so it can reduce the size of the .LOD but also causes decals to "bleed" along the edges."
          -UseFlatNormal = 0 or 1, if set to 1 then all vertex normals are pointing straight up (normal = (0,0,1)) in the objects local coordinate system.
      Please note!

The objects must meet the following requirements:
      -No scaling in the Transform Properties allowed (that means: scale x = y = z = 1.0). If your object has scaling, it should be applied to the mesh (Ctrl-A)
       Scaling is only allowed for animations.
      -A material must be assigned to the object. Only the first material of an object is exported.
      The following material parameters are exported:
          -Diffuse Color (the lod file format also contains ambient color. Currently the exporter set ambient color = diffuse color)
          -Specular Color
          -Specular Intensity
          -Specular Hardness (I think in 3ds Max it's called glossiness)
          -if "Shading -> Emit" > 0.0 then self illumination is enabled
          -Transparency (if transparency is enabled, then the object doesn't cast and doesn't catch shadow. if transparency is disabled, then the object cast and catch shadow. The specific LOD format version the exporter writes, doesn't support arbitrary cast/catch shadow combinations. The other LOD formats I don't understand enough (yet). Sorry!)
          -Alpha
          -Mirror Reflectivity
          -Diffuse texture image name (as diffuse texture the exporter uses the texture where "Influence -> Diffuse -> Color" is enabled)
          -Normal map texture image name("Influence -> Geometry -> Normal" is enabled and the Normal value is also exported)
          -Specular map texture image name("Influence -> Specular -> Intensity" is enabled)
          -Normal and specular map can only be used together with a diffuse map. (If I exported a normal or specular map without diffuse map, then the LOD wasn't shown in the game or the game crashed. I don't know why...)

Animation Export:

This exporter supports the following object animation types: location, rotation and scaling.
          Frames 10, 20, 30, ..., 100 are exported as animation 1
          Frames 110, 120, 130, ..., 200 are exported as animation 2, ...

3.)Credits:
      Thanks to logan4 and angelp who provided me with specific lod files that helped me to understand the lod file format better.

4.)Changelog:
      Version 0.1:
      -initial release
      Version 0.2:
      -bugfix: didn't work in blender version 0.79
      Version 0.3:
      -animation support
      -added custom object properties: "AllowDecals" and "UseFlatNormal"
    • By mue

View File LODViewer
      This is the newest version of the LODViewer.
      New features:
      -decal support
      -display of collision and pivot points
      -added transparency and wireframe display mode
      -user definable background color
      -view manipulation via keyboard
      -64 bit application
      -uses the OpenSceneGraph library and Qt 5.9.5

Install instructions:
      Extract the content of the zip package to a convenient location.
      The LODViewer depends on the Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 C++ libraries. If not already installed on the computer (e.g. by other applications) it has to be installed by running vcredist_x64.exe (you can find it in the redist subfolder of this package).

Have fun! And report bugs
      Mue
      Submitter mue Submitted 06/06/2019 Category Utilities / Editors  
    • By mue
      This is the newest version of the LODViewer.
      New features:
      -decal support
      -display of collision and pivot points
      -added transparency and wireframe display mode
      -user definable background color
      -view manipulation via keyboard
      -64 bit application
      -uses the OpenSceneGraph library and Qt 5.9.5

Install instructions:
      Extract the content of the zip package to a convenient location.
      The LODViewer depends on the Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 C++ libraries. If not already installed on the computer (e.g. by other applications) it has to be installed by running vcredist_x64.exe (you can find it in the redist subfolder of this package).

Have fun! And report bugs
      Mue

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..