Erik

Who's going to be the new President?

2016 Presidential Election  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the next President of United States of America?

• Democrat - Hillary Clinton
    • Republican - Donald Trump
    • Libertarian - Gary Johnson
    • Green - Jill Stein
    • Independent - Evan McMullin

This campaign season has been dangerously divisive and polarizing on everyone. It brought out anger and hate in the process that we as a country haven't felt in one and half centuries. I'll be glad when it's over.

One thing we need to push for in both parties is term limits in the congress and senate. If we did just that in the next four years and nothing else I'd be happy.

Term limits would be hugely beneficial.  I also think we somehow need to get a primary process where normal people participate rather than only the ideological extremes of both parties.

This year we have a choice between a lying sack of shit and the man who would sell it to you.  It's a sad state of affairs, but as long as most citizens pay no more than lip service to our democratic process it will never change.

I pray for whoever it is to be a single-termer.

Sorry to break the mood, but I think I get it.

This is a true poll

I mean it's really what people think (it doesn't care who they are), to check if it matches what the media tell.

Because it has no consequence, nobody will be elected at CA, nobody can be corrupted to tell that he's gonna vote for this candidate or the other.

This is what those who want to be listened really think. And this would be the actual result of an election if we all should make it on this site.

US citizens must vote for their president, but don't tell me that the CA community is so different than the people living in the USA.

After all, the US way of life had been massively broadcast almost everywhere in the world ^^

One thing we need to push for in both parties is term limits in the congress and senate. If we did just that in the next four years and nothing else I'd be happy.

A Trump campaign position. Interesting.

Oops. A pro Trump statement - deleted in

Three

Two

One

• Like 1

I voted for trump cuz Hilary did a lot of illegal things that got the FBI involved but did nothing to procacute or do any legal things against her but trump all the way to trump make America great again

• Like 1

Looked at the latest polls on the news and Clinton is now moving ahead of Trump, I think it's a done deal unless Trump can come up with something real good to save his ass.

The major flaw in the Constitution, because the framers never conceived it could be an issue, is that Congress is in charge of Congress. The other two branches check and balance Congress' power over the country, but not over Congress itself. We now have gerrymandering the likes of which they never would have believed.

The only way I believe to institute term limits is an amendment and those never pass anymore. Even Scalia lamented that was a failing of the original setup, and you couldn't be much more pro-Constitution than him. There was universal support for presidential limits after FDR, but even back then people still believed that the people would vote out those who overstayed their welcomes.

Quite simply, the founders failed to predict the changes in the electorate. They never thought someone would serve in the House or Senate for life. They didn't think the people would go along with it.

Senators used to be appointed by state legislatures.

They changed it to give citizens right to choose Senators.

Because Senators where serving for life.

doesn't matter who wins, America loses haha :X

good luck all

• Like 2

Such a person would live for a month or two before being assassinated for not obeying the elite. As such, JFK

That's my idea also.

Here in Portugal there's some discrete tendency from our news channels, towards showing a better image of Hillary Clinton rather Donald Trump.

However, independently of what nonsenses Trump might say daily, there's also a real fear that Hillary win the elections...

Because many people know she is pro-war in other countries, and eventualy many people can die.

Well, first of all I think Archie Bunker should be on the list.. If this turns out to be impossible, the following plan from 2011 should be executed immediately:

From Her Sovereign Majesty Queen... Elizabeth II:

To the citizens of the United States of America from Her Sovereign Majesty Queen... Elizabeth II:

In light of your immediate failure to financially manage yourselves and also in recent years your tendency to elect incompetent Presidents of the USA and therefore not able to govern yourselves, we hereby give notice of the revocation of your independence, effective immediately. (You should look up 'revocation' in the Oxford English Dictionary.)

Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II will resume monarchical duties over all states, commonwealths, and territories (except Kansas , which she does not fancy).

Our new Prime Minister, will appoint John Cleese (very tall person) as Governor for America without the need for further elections.

Congress and the Senate will be disbanded. A questionnaire may be circulated sometime next year to determine whether any of you noticed.

To aid in the transition to a British Crown dependency, the following rules are introduced with immediate effect:

1. The letter 'U' will be reinstated in words such as 'colour,' 'favour,' 'labour' and 'neighbour.' Likewise, you will learn to spell 'doughnut' without skipping half the letters, and the suffix '-ize' will be replaced by the suffix '-ise.'Generally, you will be expected to raise your vocabulary to acceptable levels. (look up 'vocabulary'). (I love that one)

Using the same twenty-seven words interspersed with filler noises such as ''like' and 'you know' is an unacceptable and inefficient form of communication. There is no such thing as U.S. English. We will let Microsoft know on your behalf. The Microsoft spell-checker will be adjusted to take into account the reinstated letter 'u'' and the elimination of '-ize.' ' (I love that one too)

3. July 4th will no longer be celebrated as a holiday.

4. You will learn to resolve personal issues without using guns, lawyers, or therapists. The fact that you need so many lawyers and therapists shows that you're not quite ready to be independent. Guns should only be used for shooting grouse. If you can't sort things out without suing someone or speaking to a therapist, then you're not ready to shoot grouse.

5. Therefore, you will no longer be allowed to own or carry anything more dangerous than a vegetable peeler. Although a permit will be required if you wish to carry a vegetable peeler in public.

6. All intersections will be replaced with roundabouts, and you will start driving on the left side with immediate effect. At the same time, you will go metric with immediate effect and without the benefit of conversion tables. Both roundabouts and metrication will help you understand the British sense of humour.

7. The former USA will adopt UK prices on petrol (which you have been calling gasoline) of roughly $10/US gallon. Get used to it.)

8.You will learn to make real chips. Those things you call French fries are not real chips, and those things you insist on calling potato chips are properly called crisps. Real chips are thick cut, fried in animal fat, and dressed not with catsup but with vinegar.

9. The cold, tasteless stuff you insist on calling beer is not actually beer at all. Henceforth, only proper British Bitter will be referred to as beer, and European brews of known and accepted provenance will be referred to as Lager. New Zealand beer is also acceptable, as New Zealand is pound for pound the greatest sporting nation on earth and it can only be due to the beer. They are also part of the British Commonwealth - see what it did for them. American brands will be referred to as Near-Frozen Gnat's Urine, so that all can be sold without risk of further confusion.

10. Hollywood will be required occasionally to cast English actors as good guys. Hollywood will also be required to cast English actors to play English characters. Watching Andie Macdowell attempt English dialogue in Four Weddings and a Funeral was an experience akin to having one's ears removed with a cheese grater.

11. You will cease playing American football. There are only two kinds of proper football; one you call soccer, and rugby (dominated by the New Zealanders). Those of you brave enough will, in time, be allowed to play rugby (which has some similarities to American football, but does not involve stopping for a rest every twenty seconds or wearing full kevlar body armour like a bunch of nancies).

12. Further, you will stop playing baseball. It is not reasonable to host an event called the World Series for a game which is not played outside of America . Since only 2.1% of you are aware there is a world beyond your borders, your error is understandable. You will learn cricket, and we will let you face the Australians (World dominators) first to take the sting out of their deliveries.

13. You must tell us who killed JFK. It's been driving us mad.

14. An internal revenue agent (i.e. tax collector) from Her Majesty's Government will be with you shortly to ensure the acquisition of all monies due (backdated to 1776).

15. Daily Tea Time begins promptly at 4 p.m. with proper cups, with saucers, and never mugs, with high quality biscuits (cookies) and cakes; plus strawberries (with cream) when in season.

God Save the Queen!

• Like 4

Quite simply, the founders failed to predict the changes in the electorate.

And they fail to to predict that some day the wasps will no longer rules the USA.

If in the following years the GOP do not change his behaviour to what is still the minorities today, in some twenty to thirty years you will not see a republican president anymore. 

After the pure brilliance that was Brexit we have humbly decided to bin your offer of owning our debt. A youth vote of 52% in favo(u)r to remain independent was surely to blame and we the remaining 48% are remiss for the great offer and opportunity we passed on. Since we are quite confident that the younger generation will age please resubmit your offer of revocation in eight years. In your resubmittal please be prepared to explain everything from HRH the Queen, juicy bits in your orange juice, UK road signage, Mr. Blobby, Geordie Shore, Eastenders never ending, Marmite, and finally are you taking a piss with dogs bullocks?

Signed "The guys who left a couple years ago"

Cheers!

• Like 4

And they fail to to predict that some day the wasps will no longer rules the USA.

If in the following years the GOP do not change his behaviour to what is still the minorities today, in some twenty to thirty years you will not see a republican president anymore.

There are more minority candidates in the GOP then there are in the undemocratic Democrats. All my primary choices were minorities. Including me....

• Like 1

There are more minority candidates in the GOP then there are in the undemocratic Democrats. All my primary choices were minorities. Including me....

yeah maybe maybe.

Juste look at trumps meetings...

yeah maybe maybe.

Juste look at trumps meetings...

Yea - do that.

If Trump wins I think he ought to make all Americans drink Tea in proper porcelain cups from now on, as Coffee is more for rebellious and uncivilized people.  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Edited by RUSTYMORLEY

In The Imortal Words Of Hal Holbrook A.K.A. Lou MannHeim Of WallStreet Fame Son I Do Not Vote For Politicians It Only Encourages Them After Voting For Five Different Presidents And Serving State Jury And Federal Grand Jury Service Its Beer And Popcorn Time!!!

Polls are showing that the two candidates are almost tied, but I think Clinton will just clinch it by a whisker.

Polls are showing that the two candidates are almost tied, but I think Clinton will just clinch it by a whisker.

Unfortunately it does look that way.  So we will have corrupt, dishonest felon in the White House, again.

Common sense says Clinton. 4-8 more years of the status quo.

Watch the polls, learn their methodology, find what's within the margin of error, respect that scientific polls really are better in social science, find the most likely answer. 

One scientist had all 50 states right in 2012, and had 49/50 right in 2008. 

I shake my head when people advise their followers to ignore the polls. It's like ignoring your check stub on pay day.

• Like 1

I'm a news junky and I O.D.ed on the analysis today.

My only hope for a successful recovery is a Law And Order, X-Files, or Adams Family marathon tomorrow.

CL

I'll pray for you ... pray that you have a full bottle of scotch to go with your marathon.  :drunks:  :alcoholic:

• Like 1