Erik

Who's going to be the new President?

2016 Presidential Election  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the next President of United States of America?

• Democrat - Hillary Clinton
    • Republican - Donald Trump
    • Libertarian - Gary Johnson
    • Green - Jill Stein
    • Independent - Evan McMullin

I'll pray for you ... pray that you have a full bottle of scotch to go with your marathon.  :drunks:  :alcoholic:

you sir are my brother from another mother.

Mission Impossible, Dragnet, I Spy, Get Smart, Five O'clock High, Silent Service, The Prisoner, and the Avengers will do too.

CL

America is satanic .......period.

Looks nice  :angel:

Edited by jeanba

Such a person would live for a month or two before being assassinated for not obeying the elite. As such, JFK

Hehe, JFK was much less qualified for the job than his successor. Now, this is the kind of talk you're gonna get from a Texan, but let me highlight a couple-a differences.

JFK: Better military record, first term senator, family history rich in money and influence in New England, USA

LBJ: Piss poor 'military record', 3 decades of government service as Congressman and Senate Majority Leader, dirt poor family (was named after a lawyer friend his dad owed money to, political genius and fearsome opponent

Now there's this myth that LBJ is evil for getting us into Vietnam, and JFK is all that is politically sacred because he stood up to the military and would have kept us out of 'Nam. This is incorrect -- the Battle of Ap Bac in Jan. 1963 was a military disaster that convinced Kennedy to expand the US presence in Nam.

And it's important to remember that JFK assassinated Ngo Dinh Diem exactly 20 days before being assassinated as well.

Now LBJ was in a tough spot with Vietnam -- he had this war brewing up, but he wanted to focus on social issues like Civil Rights, Voter Rights, Equal Housing, and immigration. LBJ had STRONG connections to every important member of Congress and intimidated everybody who didn't cooperate. He was well over 6 feet tall and he would corner his political opponents, yell at them, and whip out his pecker in the middle of the White House to show dominance over them. 

So why Vietnam? Two reasons: 1) The Democrats appeared soft on Communism after losing China to the Reds in 1949, and 2) LBJ knew he would lose political support in the Southern USA by passing Civil Rights. To avoid losing his gains before the new laws took effect, he took a hawkish approach to Vietnam, yet he wanted to avoid a widespread American war. His goal was to be just hawkish enough to keep political support through the 1964 election. But why avoid war with North Vietnam? Because Korea ended in a stalemate under Eisenhower and because the USSR could threaten Central Europe if the US began an open war with Communism. 

What was LBJ banking on?

- The USSR and Red China were nearly at war with each other.

- US aid and training would prepare the South to defend itself from insurgency.

- He could bargain with Hanoi by escalating bombing and promising infrastructural aid in the North if they bent to his wish. This general tactic had worked expertly against Republicans in US politics, but wasn't effective against Communists.

Internationally, LBJ continued JFK's policies, but domestically he was a much, much more effective leader than JFK.

Edited by exhausted
  • Like 3

I bought a couple 55 gallon (approx 208 liters for the Brit's among us) drums of extra moisturizing aloe and vitamin E KY lubricant from Amazon for the occasion. Lord help us all it's going to get worse before it gets better.

:english:  :pope:

And Florida, Ohio, and of course the great plains, great basin, northern rocky states, and all i perceive as the south.

:big_boss:  :salute:  :ok::notworthy::ninja::hyper::friends::fan::clapping: CL

Edited by charlielima
  • Like 1

And Florida, Ohio, and of course the great plains, great basin, northern rocky states, and all i perceive as the south.

:big_boss::salute::ok::notworthy::ninja::hyper::friends::fan::clapping: CL

Looking good!

Remember, Sweden is happy to accept American refugees. D

DEMOCRATS WELCOME!

Hehe, JFK was much less qualified for the job than his successor. Now, this is the kind of talk you're gonna get from a Texan, but let me highlight a couple-a differences.

JFK: Better military record, first term senator, family history rich in money and influence in New England, USA

LBJ: Piss poor 'military record', 3 decades of government service as Congressman and Senate Majority Leader, dirt poor family (was named after a lawyer friend his dad owed money to, political genius and fearsome opponent

Now there's this myth that LBJ is evil for getting us into Vietnam, and JFK is all that is politically sacred because he stood up to the military and would have kept us out of 'Nam. This is incorrect -- the Battle of Ap Bac in Jan. 1963 was a military disaster that convinced Kennedy to expand the US presence in Nam.

And it's important to remember that JFK assassinated Ngo Dinh Diem exactly 20 days before being assassinated as well.

Now LBJ was in a tough spot with Vietnam -- he had this war brewing up, but he wanted to focus on social issues like Civil Rights, Voter Rights, Equal Housing, and immigration. LBJ had STRONG connections to every important member of Congress and intimidated everybody who didn't cooperate. He was well over 6 feet tall and he would corner his political opponents, yell at them, and whip out his pecker in the middle of the White House to show dominance over them. 

So why Vietnam? Two reasons: 1) The Democrats appeared soft on Communism after losing China to the Reds in 1949, and 2) LBJ knew he would lose political support in the Southern USA by passing Civil Rights. To avoid losing his gains before the new laws took effect, he took a hawkish approach to Vietnam, yet he wanted to avoid a widespread American war. His goal was to be just hawkish enough to keep political support through the 1964 election. But why avoid war with North Vietnam? Because Korea ended in a stalemate under Eisenhower and because the USSR could threaten Central Europe if the US began an open war with Communism. 

What was LBJ banking on?

- The USSR and Red China were nearly at war with each other.

- US aid and training would prepare the South to defend itself from insurgency.

- He could bargain with Hanoi by escalating bombing and promising infrastructural aid in the North if they bent to his wish. This general tactic had worked expertly against Republicans in US politics, but wasn't effective against Communists.

Internationally, LBJ continued JFK's policies, but domestically he was a much, much more effective leader than JFK.

Thanks for the info!  I did not hear of this. I like to see stuff from all possible aspects. What I meant was not really about Nam, it was about the FED and stuff like that. The last 103 years (since Wilson, whom we Hungarians particularly "remember" well)  of US is not something bright, for what we adored the "old" USA ...  sry I can't tell it better in English. No offense intended of course!

DEMOCRATS WELCOME!

Geez... there are way too many refugees and "democrats" there already :biggrin:

Sooo.

The US people are like us. They are not voting on someone, but against...  they want and expect change.

I lost a hard bet.

Also that defies my thinking - to this point - on pre-decided presidency by the elite. We will see however IF the new president will be different or will be doing the same thing like the other one would (be ordered to) do.

I admit if I am wrong... in this case if Im wrong that means we still have hope.

Edited by Snailman
  • Like 2

Interesting how Trump defeated mainstream media... all the news were ridiculating him to no end...

• Like 3

Interesting how Trump defeated mainstream media... all the news were ridiculating him to no end...

That's why it's great.

Think also Brexit, Israel, Italian municipal vote and future referendum... and France 2017.

• Like 1

it sure is good to see the Amis able to think by themselves.

Just saw this joke:

"Five guys walk into a bar"

The american proudly says: we vote in the morning, and get to know the next president in the afternoon.

The chinese mainlander calmly sayz: we already knew our next president five years ago.

The North Korean says excitedly: we without voting knew our next helmsman when we were just kids.

The russian smiled: meh.. tired of president? Be the premiere. Tired of premiere? back to president.

The Cuban is confused: What... the leader can be changed even?

• Like 3

Well I voted Trump in this forum poll  :beach:

Ran his campaign more like a TV show and just didn't seem to care about the things he said.......the votes still rolled in.

Sure it will be fine..........

• Like 1

A democratic country always gets the leader it deserves. And surely this new leader is telling about today's America. He even embodies the best of American History, as in one single man we can find: the sophisticated education of Harry Truman, the prudish monogamy of JF Kennedy and Bill Clinton, the honesty and reliability of Richard Nixon, the charismatic leadership of Ronald Reagan, the emblematic respect for human life of Bush Sr, the extraordinary foresight, cleverness and open-mindedness of Bush Jr, etc... Next topic to come: the Federal trial for high treason, The United States of Trump Incorporated versus Bitch Hillary Clinton. Yes, yes, he promised...

I wonder if the Saxon equivalent of Trump, UK Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson, will resign rather than shaking hands with his nemesis, now the new POTUS?

Edited by Capitaine Vengeur
  • Like 1

Well I voted Trump in this forum poll  :beach:

ehh i didn't vote. i JUST don't know.

some of my college friends who went to the States are actually happy as the democrat immigration laws are harder for asian immigrants.

But... there was one thing that CA talked a lot before: net neutrality. will trump's FCC overturn this one?

Edited by Do335

DEMOCRATS WELCOME!

Better Americans then Arabs.

• Like 1

Bless you Trump voters, you lovable deplorable's !

Here's a collection of delicious lib tears.... :beta:  :baby:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

index.php?app=gallery&module=images&sect

Just for you CA

Edited by Atreides
  • Like 1

And this would be too interesting if it isn't allready.

post-11823-0-68127500-1478722308.jpg

post-11823-0-62353700-1478722336.jpg

post-11823-0-40460000-1478722376.jpg

CL

Edited by charlielima

The next 4 years are going to be.... um... interesting.

Craig 

Yep.

It will be interesting to see how the "talk" will adjust his policies.

Yep.

It will be interesting to see how the "talk" will adjust his policies.

I'm sitting with a big bowl of popcorn waiting to see how and why Mexico are going to build a certain wall...

Well does the phrase "Read my lips. No new taxes." mean anything to you?

We'll see. Personally I'm hoping the Klan won't run wild.

Better Americans then Arabs.

It's a choice, either you hear "Allah Ackbar !" all the day, or "Oh my god !" all the day