Heck

For the first time in my adult life...

I am going to vote solidly against one party. I have never done this in my life. I have always chosen candidates based on what they professed  to believe, and whether that professed belief system aligned with mine as much as possible. But this year, from one party, and not the other, from both party members, and elected officials now, I hear talk of assassination and revolution. I hear, from this one party, that the Constitution of the United States of America should be scrapped, and replaced with something new, perhaps Christian Sharia Law, as if Christ would ever believe in that. I will vote against this party, because they have allowed this to happen. They have, for the most part, stood by silent while all this was happening, and silence is not acceptable when it comes to talk of overthrowing the democratic process. whether you like the results of that process, or not.

• Like 2

I'm with you and it's sad to say that it's a party I have long supported. The rhetoric is dangerous and will have people believing it is real. We can't fall victim to it and our vote is the only thing we can use to prove it.

Get out and vote this election on November 8th.

Do not let your disgust with the system strip you from the right to vote. That right that many men and women have died to protect and defend. Do your part show all that have worn a uniform in protection of this country we are honored to have our right to VOTE!

If the Cubbies can win the series after 108 years in the 7th game in the 10th inning after being down 3 to 1 in the series, WE CAN WILL DO THIS!

• Like 2

Thank you, Erik. It's nice to know that there are others who feel this has gone too far. My father was one of those people who fought against things like this, and watched his brothers in arms die fighting it. Somewhere, wherever he is, he's smiling again, because of your words. And hoorah for the Cubbies. After all these time, they've earned it. Good for them.

Surely scrapping a countries constitution, is not a viable option, as it would by its very nature be UN constitutional, also, as for the religious bits, what has this to do with politics anyhow. Religion, or belief in the flying spaghetti monster , should be kept apart from governance, as it has zero to do with it, and lets be honest, the vast majority of voters are sectarian anyhow ( certainly in the UK ) and to play the religion card in a political scenario, is just another vote getter, aimed at the more devout population, and as such is nothing to do with politics at all, when you start mixing religious rhetoric in with politics, you end up with the same sort of thing as Islam is advertising, just with a different brand logo.......so, keep religion out of politics completely as it is a recipe for disaster, as once religious fanatics get this particular bit between their collective teeth, insanity, death and disaster ensues. Maybe I am just seeing this from my Pagan point of view, dont get me wrong, I have no issues with religion, in all its different forms, however when mixed in with policy making that affects the population of a country wherever that country may be, you end up with zealots, inquisitions, jihads and crusades....bloody silly way to run things ain't it ! 

• Like 2

As,, I see it they all swore an oath,, each time they got the privledge to serve in office to represent We the People,,, a man is only as good as his word,, if he can't abide to a sworn oath ,, I don't have much to do with him,, but too remind him of his fallacies

• Like 1

I took an oath to defend my country from enemies both foreign and domestic with one military branch and 2 federal land management agencies.

I'm a confused what your point ?

CL

I am going to vote solidly against one party. I have never done this in my life. I have always chosen candidates based on what they professed  to believe, and whether that professed belief system aligned with mine as much as possible. But this year, from one party, and not the other, from both party members, and elected officials now, I hear talk of assassination and revolution. I hear, from this one party, that the Constitution of the United States of America should be scrapped, and replaced with something new, perhaps Christian Sharia Law, as if Christ would ever believe in that. I will vote against this party, because they have allowed this to happen. They have, for the most part, stood by silent while all this was happening, and silence is not acceptable when it comes to talk of overthrowing the democratic process. whether you like the results of that process, or not.

as much as I've heard a lot of nonsense in this insane year - I have not heard what you describe coming from either side.  Pardon my asking but what the heck are you referring to?

• Like 1

as much as I've heard a lot of nonsense in this insane year - I have not heard what you describe coming from either side.  Pardon my asking but what the heck are you referring to?

I'm talking about a Senator who tweets that a picture of Hillary Clinton on a magazine cover should have a bullseye across it, and then deletes the tweet. I'm talking about Trump insinuating that 2nd Amendment people could take care of her, and then denying he meant assassination, by using the grammar school technique of leaving off the object of sentences, so he can always say that you misunderstood what he meant. I'm talking about Trump telling his supporters that they need to monitor the polling places for him, because the election is fixed against him (which his mouth and ideas actually did), even though it is illegal for private citizens to do so, because of instances in the past, like the Democratic Corning machine in Albany, NY in the 1940s and 50s telling people going into the polls that they knew how you voted, so you better vote the right way, something my parents actually experienced, and although they knew it wasn't true, many other people were intimidated by it. The list goes on, but I have to get to work.  

• Like 1

I think it's common knowledge that the Presidential Election is in November because it's the best time to pick out a turkey.

• Like 1

I'm talking about a Senator who tweets that a picture of Hillary Clinton on a magazine cover should have a bullseye across it, and then deletes the tweet. I'm talking about Trump insinuating that 2nd Amendment people could take care of her, and then denying he meant assassination, by using the grammar school technique of leaving off the object of sentences, so he can always say that you misunderstood what he meant. I'm talking about Trump telling his supporters that they need to monitor the polling places for him, because the election is fixed against him (which his mouth and ideas actually did), even though it is illegal for private citizens to do so, because of instances in the past, like the Democratic Corning machine in Albany, NY in the 1940s and 50s telling people going into the polls that they knew how you voted, so you better vote the right way, something my parents actually experienced, and although they knew it wasn't true, many other people were intimidated by it. The list goes on, but I have to get to work.

What a load.....

And nothing about the blatant, criminal corruption of the current Democrat candidate, and the blatant criminal corruption of the Democrat party.

I think it's common knowledge that the Presidential Election is in November because it's the best time to pick out a turkey.

Have to agree with you on that one, Erik!

What a load.....

And nothing about the blatant, criminal corruption of the current Democrat candidate, and the blatant criminal corruption of the Democrat party.

I didn't say I was voting Democratic, did I? I find both the Republican and the Democratic parties to be corrupt. I find both their candidates to be corrupt, just in different ways. I'm a registered Independent, always have been. I am neither a liberal, nor a conservative. Those, to me, are labels I equate with irrational stupidity. On some issues, I'm somewhat conservative. On others, moderately progressive, depending on what I think is the most rational approach to whatever the issue is. The rhetoric that I hear from the Republicans this year has turned me against them, but that does not mean I am turning to the other side of the aisle. There have been many times in my all too many years that I have protest voted, because I wasn't being offered much of a choice, but I wanted, unlike most Americans, who sit out elections and then bitch, to have my voted counted into their demographics. Like the first time I voted all those years ago, when these same two bonehead political parties offered me Johnny Jackass and Barnie Butthead. I voted for a black lady communist, because I knew she couldn't win, but somewhere, in Washington, someone had to read the demographic. OOrah for democracy! But it does beat all the alternatives. 

• Like 1

People are so disgusted with elected officials doing nothing to solve problems for so long that they are using one of the candidates to express their feelings. This is why it doesn't matter who that person is or what they stand for as long as they think a melt down of the system will ensue. Drain the swamp is the rebel cry and it has strength because people are tired of electing public servants that start broke and leave Washington with huge "foundations" and wealth. The corruption is not partisan it leaps the aisle with the greatest of ease you simply have to be willing to sell your soul to the highest bidder. Many want reform but this price is too expensive.

HTTP://VOTE.GOV

I do have a suggestion for the American People, however. There are only two groups of people in this country who can legally  set term limits on the House and the Senate, but one group will never do it, even though the Constitution gives them the power, and the other group is either too lazy, too disinterested, or too frightened by the potential results to do it. The first group is, of course, the legislative branch themselves. They will even talk about it, when newly elected, but the talk quickly disappears as soon as they're up for re-election. The other group is us, so we really have no one to blame but ourselves, and that's why, when it comes down to it, I'm really more angry with us, than with them. They act from the selfish self-interest of "riding the gravy train," so I can understand them, it's just common. But us? We all bitch that we want to "drain the swamp," when in actual fact we have the switch for the drain pump in our hands every stinking election. And a little symbol above the switch that says, "drain here." Get over the angry rhetoric America, this is on you. Embrace a little chaos theory if you want term limits, which you do need, and then keep at it until you get the results you want. In fact, just keep doing it. If the two parties keep running the same people over and over again, trying to thwart you, vote all third party for a while. The drain will be in your hands election day. Will I hear the pumps start up? Probably not....

Edited by Heck
  • Like 1

I do have a suggestion for the American People, however. There are only two groups of people in this country who can legally  set term limits on the House and the Senate, but one group will never do it, even though the Constitution gives them the power, and the other group is either too lazy, too disinterested, or too frightened by the potential results to do it. The first group is, of course, the legislative branch themselves. They will even talk about it, when newly elected, but the talk quickly disappears as soon as they're up for re-election. The other group is us, so we really have no one to blame but ourselves, and that's why, when it comes down to it, I'm really more angry with us, than with them. They act from the selfish self-interest of "riding the gravy train," so I can understand them, it's just common. But us? We all bitch that we want to "drain the swamp," when in actual fact we have the switch for the drain pump in our hands every stinking election. And a little symbol above the switch that says, "drain here." Get over the angry rhetoric America, this is on you. Embrace a little chaos theory if you want term limits, which you do need, and then keep at it until you get the results you want. In fact, just keep doing it. If the two parties keep running the same people over and over again, trying to thwart you, vote all third party for a while. The drain will be in your hands election day. Will I hear the pumps start up? Probably not....

understand and to some extent agree with your frustration. 

Term limits, however, are set state by state and in my state we do have term limits.  I will be term limited if my current lease is extended.  

At the Federal Level, the Supreme Court overruled term limits.  Vote against the Supreme Court (which is kinda what I am doing....)

What a load.....

How is this a load? It seems the only criticism you're interested in is the kind that doesn't highlight your personal favorite. On the positive side, there is a potentially a nice profit to made in the betting markets if you really like putting your money down on slim odds.

I'm talking about a Senator who tweets that a picture of Hillary Clinton on a magazine cover should have a bullseye across it, and then deletes the tweet. I'm talking about Trump insinuating that 2nd Amendment people could take care of her, and then denying he meant assassination, by using the grammar school technique of leaving off the object of sentences, so he can always say that you misunderstood what he meant. I'm talking about Trump telling his supporters that they need to monitor the polling places for him, because the election is fixed against him (which his mouth and ideas actually did), even though it is illegal for private citizens to do so, because of instances in the past, like the Democratic Corning machine in Albany, NY in the 1940s and 50s telling people going into the polls that they knew how you voted, so you better vote the right way, something my parents actually experienced, and although they knew it wasn't true, many other people were intimidated by it. The list goes on, but I have to get to work.  

Somebody should have reminded the legislators of the later 1940s that ELECTIONS ARE TERM LIMITS.

Hell, on the secret ballot concern, go to the Texas Hill Country, where the poll watchers make every attempt to help the mobs identify the Ds, Is, and Rs from each other by sending them into separate booths.

:fuck:  (not aimed at you or anybody in particular, just thought it was funny we have this emoji)

Edited by exhausted