Does anyone know which Data lines control the AI behavior for AGMs?  Does it fall under [strafeAI] of [RocketAttackAI]?  I've got Super Hornets that return to the CAS area too soon and can't line up a shot.  They end up going around and around...eventually pulling into a dive they can't get out of and crashing.  I had the magic numbers at one point, but now I can't see to hit the sweet spot.

Not sure if the right ones but try to play with their parameters:

RollInRange

RollInAlt

PullOutAlt

PullOutRange

ReleaseRange

Which section, though?  Level bomb, Dive bomb, Rocket, or Strafe?  I've been fiddling with all of them, and nothing seems to work.  My flight always turns back into the fight too soon and has no time to line-up a shot.  Tested on F-18s and F-16s with Mavericks.  Guess I'll give 'em CBUs instead.  ;)

U need to add this:

[RocketAttackAI]
RollInRange=9000.0                  <---------- engagin  target range
RollInAlt=1500.0                       <------------- altitude of attack
PullOutRange=1400.0                   <-------------- turn out range away for another attack
PullOutAlt=250.0
ReleaseRange=2500.0                  <---------- range for first shoot
SecondPassRange=9000.0
SecondPassAlt=1000.0
ReleaseCount=1                <-------------- how much  will be realised at once
ReleaseInterval=0.095
AimPitchOffset=-0.2

IMPORTANT! The role needed to be

AircraftRole=FIGHTER

or

AircraftRole=ATTACK

but not BOMBER!! for bombers there is another code

You need to experiment with values. I wrote at random, just as example if i try.

And further. The game does not see the difference between unguided rockets and guided AG missiles. It is all same for the game. It's a pity. If U write ReleaseCount=1  you can find that your aircraft attacks with one Maverick but if U load Hydra you aircraft shoot with one Hydra too in one pass((

Edited by bazillius
  • Like 1