Sign in to follow this  
Hauksbee

'Getting awfully quiet around here...

Also it loads on my Ipad, only the first 50% of the Simhq webpage and the rest below is complete blanc. Yep, lets hope members are going back to this trouble free forum and OBD is also reconsiddering the choice for official forum. But right now, moderater, make this Woff forum more inviting, lots of sugestions are made by members, it is now or never.

note: and why not make an WOTR section ?

From someone who's main interest in flightsimming is WW1 I agree with the idea for trimming down the subscetions, and putting them all into the WW1 section. CombatAce is mess to find the forum your looking for becuase of the amount of scrolling needed.

Could it not be done like other forums where you click on the game title (ie Woff, first eagles etc) and then you see the subsections? It really would make browsing here more enjoyable. 

With that said I am still mostly lurker, occaisional poster in any forum I frequent, but those are just my observations.

I agree.  The new layout is the worst.   Frankly, that may cause people to flood back here, given that very little new official WOFF news is going to be released by the devs at this point as they focus on WOTR.   

I'm not usually one for preferring one board over another but... I have to say that my desire to post dropped off after the move over to the other site. There's something about the design that doesn't quite work for me, the inability to see people's avatars - which I very much grew to associate with handles - and now the clunky manner in which we are required to post photos for our AAR... I just don't feel like I want to take the time to post like I used to. Would be nice to see a move back here - under a streamlined WOFF board but... who knows.

That's up to the devs, and I don't think they want to move anywhere, having already established their presence at SimHQ. I got the forum working by changing the default layout. It still looks like crap, but at least I can use it now.

But I'm hoping that for WOTR, they'll consider other options. Not SimHQ...

Hasse, I would also be very surprised if the devs moved the official WOFF forums again.  I always preferred the CA forums here and just like a lot of others was sad to see the move.  And with the latest changes to the SimHQ forums - well.  

Perhaps folks should start posting their AARs and screenshots for WOFF UE here and provide links in the posts in the SimHQ forum to direct people over, might be a way to get things cooking around our old camp again.

Guys, I feel your pain.  I hate the new 'upgraded' forum.  I was wondering if I should just move the DID Centenary thread over here.  What I mean is starting tomorrow I just direct everyone over here and just use this forum going forward.  What do you guys think?  My fear is that the other forum is dying and that really bothers me.

Well, it's definitely easier to post pictures here, plus everyone can have their own avatars and signature images if they wish.  I for one always preferred this camp.  I say give it a go and see what happens.

Edited by RAF_Louvert

That's a great idea. I just can't get used to the horrible new SimHQ they insist calling an "upgrade" - what the heck is an upgrade that makes everything look and function worse than before?

• Like 1

Hasse, I would also be very surprised if the devs moved the official WOFF forums again.  I always preferred the CA forums here and just like a lot of others was sad to see the move.  And with the latest changes to the SimHQ forums - well.  

Perhaps folks should start posting their AARs and screenshots for WOFF UE here and provide links in the posts in the SimHQ forum to direct people over, might be a way to get things cooking around our old camp again.

Good idea. :crazy:  Let us move slowly here, limiting our posting on simhq forum only to links redirecting users here, to full threads.

Jara4 aka JJJ65

I never liked the other forum much and now with the new format I like it even less.   Hasse Wind says he has changed the default view for the better.  I must try to do that sometime. 

Well I tried all the other views and they are all awful. 

This place here is maximum comfort, and like a holiday for the eyes. :beach:

Imagine my surprise at seeing all these old faces! I'd been trying to keep some life in this site ever since the move. But a few months ago I gave it up. And I got banned from SimHQ. Solution? I started flying ROF and  hope to finally get into some on-line furballs. And yet...here we are again.

Guys, I feel your pain.  I hate the new 'upgraded' forum.  I was wondering if I should just move the DID Centenary thread over here.

Good idea. This site will thrive only if we use it. Post info here that people need, and they'll come. And post.

Edited by Hauksbee

Less awful is still awful, I'm afraid... SimHQ will probably never get a tolerable layout.

Out of curiosity, how did you get banned from SimHQ, Hauksbee?

I have almost got banned from SimHq and for a long time I would not go there except to look at my PMs and have a good laugh.   They got upset because I had two signons which is apparently outside the rules.  As I have about 50 usable email addresses it is hard for them to keep me out.   Personally I think we should try to attract more users to this forum. 

.Out of curiosity, how did you get banned from SimHQ, Hauksbee?

Same transgression as Jim's (above). Periodically, SimHQ shuts me out. Which is to say 'signs-me-out'. When I try to sign in, it does not recognize my password. Trying to contact the Admins is tedious beyond belief, and every time I have had to do so, enough time has gone by that I can't remember what I had to do last time. Finally, I decided to create a second account. Using that to get in, I could re-set my password for 'Hauksbee'.This worked for a while...'til someone realized that "Traveling-in-Mufti" (which I sorta was) and "Hauksbee" was the same person. And that earned me a permanent ban. 'Seems a  bit extreme to me, but then, I can't work up much concern. The only reason I go there these days is to check the new screen shots, and that I can still do.

Edited by Hauksbee

Cheers my old squad mates, been a long while. Drinks on me.  :drunks:

Good to see you, mate! Stop by more often. The site isn't quite alive, but refuses to die.