Sign in to follow this  
Jug

Graphic Card Trouble

SFP1 and WOV World,

When I start SFP! (spf 3.1a) and go to single missions, select jet, selet go, select fly, I get to the jet, takeoff, fly for a few minutes and blackscreen usually accompanied by computer audio click. Consistent as the sun coming up in the morning. (Running AMD 2.9+, 400Mhz FSB, 1 Gig RAM, bunches of HD space, XP Professional.) Don't get the same problem with any other Flight Sim. Been firing problem messages into the GREAT MICROSOFT GAPING ERROR MAW, with no return activity from downtown Seattle.

Anybody got any ideas, experienced a similar problem, a hunch would do at this point.

Jug

SFP1 and WOV World,

When I start SFP! (spf 3.1a) and go to single missions, select jet, selet go, select fly, I get to the jet, takeoff, fly for a few minutes and blackscreen usually accompanied by computer audio click.  Consistent as the sun coming up in the morning.  (Running AMD 2.9+, 400Mhz FSB, 1 Gig RAM, bunches of HD space, XP Professional.)  Don't get the same problem with any other Flight Sim.  Been firing problem messages into the GREAT MICROSOFT GAPING ERROR MAW, with no return activity from downtown Seattle.

Anybody got any ideas, experienced a similar problem, a hunch would do at this point. 

Jug

You have DX9.0C?

Have you tried different driver sets?

I run a 6600GT my ownself, and have not experienced such anomolies. Any particular

jet, or all you have tried?

My system is much lesser in CPU and RAM, so don't know why yours would be freaking.

I do get the odd kick from what are reported as voltage problems, but are more

likely overheating situations during this summer stuff..

Jug,

I'll take a shot in the dark, and say that what you're currently experiencing is the result of a driver compatibilty issue. Just for the helluvit, give the 66.93 drivers a whirl and see if that fixes your problem : )

Edited by Fubar512

Thanks a bunch, fellow flyers. These are all good things to verify and, maybe, I can get this thing resolved.

I did try swapping out my GT 6600 for an ATI All-In-Wonder card (sorry) and the problem is the same.

I'll check out DX9 since I am only sure I have DX 8.something. I will try the 62.xxx driver for the video card. I was using the 72.xxx driver for the GT6600 direct from Mother NVidia.

Lottsa work to get a jet into the fight. What else is new?

OK, things remain the same with a clean install and stepped upgrade to Ver 1.32. I have the NVidia driver 77.72 (their latest) and Direct X 9c installed. Proper monitor software installed and recognized by XP Pro. Still have the same difficulty although I tried some of the other Flight Sims I have and I seem to be getting the same thing (CFS1, CFS2, IL-2). At least, it is a consistent problem; crank up the program, get in the aircraft, fly for a little while, blank screen accompanied with a click followed immediately by the "Send Mother Microsoft an Error Message" dialog box. Anybody out there have some other ideas???

Get into your BIOS and try setting the AGP Aperture setting to 256 mb. test it, if the issue still persists, lower it to 128, repeat, try again. Conversely, you can start from the opposite end, and set the aperture as low as possible, thereby defeating AGP texturing, and try it there.

If the last idea works, the next step is to see if it's mearly an AGP driver issue, by downloading and installing the latest AGP drivers for your board.

Thanks. I'll try that.