Sign in to follow this  
snapple2993

What do you like most about SF?

I just like flying the F-4, pretty good graphics, and now that the patch is out it makes the campaign worth flying.

Your thoughts.

No need to say what you dont like, as that topic has been exhausted.

The sheer joy of tossing a flight of migs does nicely for me.

Despite the known, I still love this game, it's one of a kind, and bound to be around for a while, as will the Dogs.

The skins being created by the community, and the mods that are in the works, and those that have been completed have made this game all the more of a gas. Notably the terrain by Deuces. This has been killer for me as it has broken the repetition of the desert. What more could you want from a flight sim?? (BESIDES A TOMCAT!!)

My thoughts anyway

I love the modifyability (probably not a word) and the F-100. Perhaps the hottest of hot aircraft (of the 50's that is).

Guest PhantomWarrior

LOV it ALL :D

For me, it's the combination of jets, and NO MFDs! Yup, I like things simple. No complicated radar sub-modes, no encyclopedia of mfd screens and gunsites, just pure airmanship, and basic weapons. The aircraft are gorgeous, the graphics are great, the FMs are convincing, (especially after the patch) and let's face it, if you love the F-100, F-4, F-104, etc. it's the only game in town!-Sledge

I'd say the ease of installing skins and such ranks up there with me. And the fact that it's a little known era, and has alot of cool jets. I dont know how many games modeled it, but it's great blowing a Tu-22 Blinder out of the sky only to have to chase down the rest of the flight before they hit your base, using only guns...nice...congrats TK

~aaron :shock:

I like because its almost an updated Chuck Yeagers Air Combat, one of my favorite sims ever! And the A-4 is sooooo rad.

I think I like most the period of Flight it covers, a time of huge improvements from WW2. Like sledge said, its also easier to fly/fight due to simpler technologies, avionics and weps. Still a time when a pilot was more a pilot and less along for the ride to monitor the systems.

I think I like most the period of Flight it covers, a time of huge improvements from WW2. Like sledge said, its also easier to fly/fight due to simpler technologies, avionics and weps. Still a time when a pilot was more a pilot and less along for the ride to monitor the systems.

^^^^ What he said!

Plus, the beauty and detail of the aircraft. If you look closely you can identify almost every service panel, vent, fuel stain, etc. That was one thing that sold me on this sim way back before it was beta when I saw sneak peak screen shots on the Thirdwire site. My jaw dropped the first time I saw a shot of the F-4's aux air doors opened. I've never seen that before in any sim. Sounds like a simple answer, but as an ex Phantom Phixer it's the little things like that that hooked me. :D

^^^^ What he said!

Plus, the beauty and detail of the aircraft. If you look closely you can identify almost every service panel, vent, fuel stain, etc. That was one thing that sold me on this sim way back before it was beta when I saw sneak peak screen shots on the Thirdwire site. My jaw dropped the first time I saw a shot of the F-4's aux air doors opened. I've never seen that before in any sim. Sounds like a simple answer, but as an ex Phantom Phixer it's the little things like that that hooked me. :D

What they Said :wink:

The best thing I like about SF is flying the Phantom. I don't have much experience with landing flight sim aircraft, and I was pleased to find it wasn't as hard as I thought (much thanks to help from Fast Eagle!).

Although I never got the opportunity to actually pilot an F-4, I remember what it was like to ride in the backseat. When I "fly" in SF, I envision in my mind what it must have been like to be in control of such an awesome warbird! I recall vividly the feeling of the afterburners kicking in, the pressure from G-forces pushing me into the seat, and the smell of JP-5 exhaust...... Oh, 'tis seems like yesterday.

Chief W.

GO NAVAIR!!!!

:D

Definitely Armed Recon Missions in ANYTHING. They are HILARIOUS, and I never thought hitting a truck with guns from an F-104 would be so hard.

I guess its building your own plane and adding it to the game ;) (for those who know me)

AND killing lots of migs why the newly added plane (say a F11F-1 Tiger ;) )