Hi folks

I am a very new user of WoV and I am interested in two things:

1) making my own missions/campaigns

2) Flying over new terrains

I have already found some stuff here and on other forums but I find it difficult to add new terrains. As an example I am always asked about the desert.cat file or something like that... but I cannot find it. Can anyone give me instructions (or links) to help me add new terrains in WoV ?

On the other hand I would like to build new missions using some of the wonderful planes available over here (You plane makers are really excellent artists, thanks a lot for sharing) but I cannot find a mission builder working for WoV... I also beg for help on that point.

Any help is welcome, have fun !

Lipo

I have already found some stuff here and on other forums but I find it difficult to add new terrains. As an example I am always asked about the desert.cat file or something like that... but I cannot find it. Can anyone give me instructions (or links) to help me add new terrains in WoV ?

I know that it is possible to add terrains to WOV but having SF P1, SFG & WOV I have never bothered myself with the details. The desert.cat file is the stock terrain for SF P1 whilst VietnamSEA.cat is the WOV equivalent.

I'll see if I can dig up some details if someone like fubar doesn't come to the rescue first.

OK try this courtesy of howling1 elsewhere:

" Some terrains designed to use the desert.cat file can be adapted to use the VietnamSEA.cat file that comes with WOV. Try adding this line to the terrain config.ini file that you're trying to install in WOV ( Danger Bering Straits used as an example, add the line in bold ):

[Terrain]

TerrainFullName=Bering Straits (DBS)

DataFile=DBS_data.INI

TargetFile=DBS_targets.INI

TargetTypeFile=DBS_types.INI

MovementFile=DBS_movement.INI

NationsFile=DBS_nations.INI

BriefingText=DBS_briefing.INI

DogfightFile=DBS_dogfight.INI

DogfightOnly=FALSE

CatFile=..\Terrain\VietnamSEA\VietnamSEA.cat"

On the other hand I would like to build new missions using some of the wonderful planes available over here (You plane makers are really excellent artists, thanks a lot for sharing) but I cannot find a mission builder working for WoV... I also beg for help on that point.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?download=651

Hey Buff !

Thanks alot for the "vietnamSEA.cat" information. It works fine for most of the maps... I have only one problem: I always appear off runway in single missions in new terrains... normal ? (or maybe the runway itself doesn't appear, I don't know)

Anyway the maps seem to work with the mission builder you have pointed ! It will take me a couple of days to understand how to handle it but with the online tutorial that should be good !

Your help was really nice, thanks a lot ! :victory:

Lipo

Keep punching away at mission editor, it works well and smooth once you learn the tricks.

When you make any change to an aircraft flight, be sure to click Apply and Save All before selecting another aircraft flight, or all changes to previously selected flight will be lost.

Make sure Red or Blue aircraft are set to takeoff from airfields on their "side" Friendly (blue) or Enemy (red). I missed these concepts among others when I was just starting out. :dntknw: If you need help with editor, ask.