Hey Everyone... Ive noticed that there are no IRIAF/IRAF F-4's in the download section of SF2 does anyone have an upload or a link to up to date iranian F-4 phantoms?

Wasn't Ravenclaw working on an Iranian F-4 package recently? I thought I saw some screenshots.

Operation Darius should have up to date F-4Es.

• Thanks 1

For now there is no correct F-4E Phantom II for IIAF/IRIAF. As Iranian aircrafts were slightly different. Closest for now are E_75 and E_78 from ravenclaw. (I think around 70 aircrafts were equpped with TISEO)

Ive made skins for those in IRIAF service and every serial number as decal...but am waiting in patience for correct ones.

• Like 1

here are the IRIAF F-4E´s that i have , they are BETA and not yet finish

IRIAF F-4E.rar

start year for the F-4E_72IRIAF is 1979 my plan is to make a F-4E_72IIAF version as well (1972 - 1979) but in the moment i have no time to work on them

there are a lot of new weapons included and all of them are nation specific , i still have to make some more of them but for now that is what i can offer

TO INSTALL

please delet any weapon with the same or similar name as the new one from your weapons folder BEFOR you install the new one

if you find anything wrong with the aircraft or the weapons please let me know , test it and have fun

• Like 12

here is a small update

IRIAF F-4E Update.rar

REPLACE the F-4E_01IRIAF Data.ini with the new one 

DELETE all your SATTAR missiles and replace them with this new one ( fix some problems and add new missiles )

i added the TLS and TLS-99  laser pods , this laser pods are early BETA versions with some basic white skin , i still have to add more details and work on the skin ( if i ever find the time to do it )

• Like 5

here is the F-4E_72IIAF ( Imperial Iranian Air Force ) this mod is an early BETA version , includet are some updated weapons ( Mk-82SE has now a skin )

-

F-4E IIAF.rar

to get the Imperial Iranian Air Force showing you may have to change your Nations.ini , i had a entry refering to early Iran at [Nation166] i replaced everything on that position with the new entry below

it worked for me but if you do it you do it at your own risk

[Nation166]
Name=Iran_IIAF
DisplayName=Imperial Iranian Air Force
Alignment=FRIENDLY
PilotNameList=NamesArabic.lst
RankList=RanksUSAF.lst
CallsignList=CallsignsUS.lst
Formation.Fighter=USFighter
Formation.Attack=USFighter
Formation.Bomber=USBomber
Formation.Transport=USBomber
Formation.Tank=USTank
Formation.MobileAD=USAD
PilotTrainingStandard=POOR
GenderRatio=0
DebriefSuccessMusic=DebriefSuccess.wav
DebriefFailMusic=DebriefFail.wav
DebriefKilledMusic=DebriefKilled.wav
SpeechFile=Arab
SpeechTextFile=USAFSpeechText.str
ActiveDate=1945
EndDate=1979

here is a updated version of the F-4E_72IRIAF just replace the existing one with this one , the new version has a updated 3d model and some ini changes

-

F-4E_72IRIAF.rar

this mods are early Beta versions if you find any error PLEASE let me know about it so that i can change things , Thank You

• Like 2

Updating an Iranian F-4D with Zot Box laser designator for the WSO and Raven's beautiful Iranian weapons and effects! 

post-61433-0-14487600-1482007989_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Great update. And nice work on Phantoms as always.

my five cents...

as far as I know shark mouths apear only on 91st Fighter Squadron  (9TAB). Never saw this on IIAF, and at least not until late 90ties..

Also not all E phantoms were TISEO equiped. To my knowledge only block numbers 57-MC, 58-MC, 59-MC, 63-MC. - so at least last 72  airfcrafts delivered.  Maybe retrofited to some others..but not all.

They look very nice.

Just one note : due to the very limited use of the ECM by Iran, I would not put as "standard loadout" the ALQ101, I saw very few picture of ALQ101 mounted on Iranian F4s

I'm already implementing more true to life loadouts for the Iran-Iraq campaign and terrain I'm working on with Blaze... problem is practicality in games... having no ECM/Chaff/flares make flying over the front line impossible without getting shot down haha

Thanks for the info , i checked all my IIAF / IRIAF pictures and the only aircraft with shark mouth are from TAB6

i made now aircraft with and without the TISEO , i changed some details on the skins and made new decals , some weapons are fixed to

NOTE

befor you install the new aircrafts and decals please open the folder DECALS \ F-4E_Tailnum and DELETE the 2 folders IIAF and IRIAF befor you install the new ones

Please DELETE the old aircrafts F-4E_72IIAF , F-4E_72IRIAF , F-4E_01IRIAF before you install the new aircraft

F-4E_Iran.rar

Merry Christmas

• Like 10

Bump for wazaloo68

You only need the file F-4E_Iran.rar in ravenclaw's post from Dec 24 2016.

Hey guys,

I used the upgrade for F-4E IIAF; however, I am unable to use chaff/ flare. I check DATA.INI, and I was not able to find any correspondence to Chaff/Flare section. Could you please help me to resolve this issue? Thanks a lot. 

As far as I know, during Iran-Iraq war, the iranian did not use decoys (I had this info from Tom Cooper : www.acig.org)

during a update the F-4E´s did get a iranien made chaff flare dispenser , i dont know exactly what year this started but there is one article from the swiss side Offiziere.ch , i post the important part below ( blue colored )

"It wasn’t until the early 2000s that Tehran made serious investment in the F-4s, as detailed by Babak Taghvaee in the latest issue of Combat Aircraft magazine. The first step was to repair the planes’ existing systems. In March 2010 the state-owned Iranian Aircraft Industries began upgrade work on the first F-4D, replacing the wiring and, with the help of Chinese technicians, adding new Chinese-made radar, radios, flat-screen displays and moving map with embedded GPS.

The updated F-4D flew for the first time in February; testing of the new systems is ongoing. Further planned updates include a new Chinese Head-Up Display, radar warning receiver, chaff and flare dispensers and PL-7 infrared- and PL-12 radar-guided air-to-air missiles."

here you can see the chaff -flare dispenser used by the Iranian Air Force

Image2.thumb.jpg.dda0e62d89fe26faf05c8167068d85ac.jpg

i made the F-4E_01IRIAF that includes this chaff flare dispencer as well as the new antennas , if i find some pictures of the new cockpit i may be able to make that as wellbut it is very difficult to get any info on that , the pylon adapter in the picture above is includet already and the chinese C-802 missile is in work

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1