PhantomPhan

General question about the Viggen's Radar

I've heard the topic thrown around of the late 70s ASF-Interceptor Viggens could track two targets simultaneously but also guide SARH Sky flash missiles at both targets. I have heard of many planes being able to do similar feats with AIM-120s and AIM-54s (to my knowledge predominantly active radar homing, independent of the aircrafts radar after launch)  but can any other planes do that with AIM-7s and such also how exactly does that work and what are the repercussions like decreased accuracy and stuff (hypothetically speaking)  

The ability to launch missiles on more than one target depends on the radar capabilities. It has nothing to do with the missile.

I'm concerned about all these recent questions that are being asked about capabilities, release of documents, and so on. I can't think of a better way to get a group of guys in black pj's to make a house call around 3 am than asking about sensitive information on a public board. There's nothing more calming than knowing who you're really talking to, is there?

Sleep well.