Sign in to follow this  
dannavy85

nukes blow up aircraft...is there a fix?

I've tried some of the low yield weapons (10kt) but they destroy my aircraft now matter how high I fly or how fast I can escape the target zone. Can anything be modified to dial back the power when the weapons go off?

I have managed to deliver various "buckets of sunshine " using toss maneuver from high altitude. Gives me enough time to get far from ground zero. Send rest of your flight back to base before reaching target area or they may get fried.

Drop the Nukes from really High Altitude (above 30K if your plane can handle it) and Don't loiter. Once drop go full burner and fly away as fast as you can.

Ok so aircraft like the A-6 really can't drop these things in level altitude. I try deploying the 10k at 35,000 feet and escaping but even with it retarded the weapon still nails the plane.

there are two fixes to help in this...

first is to check if the warhead is correctly set. some nukes are over powered (for a 10K one it IS overpowered indeed if you can't escape - now imagine a megaton one, or the Tsar bomb). I know that blast effect is (like many other things) are "strange" in SF2.. but. 

1e+007 means, 1 and 7 zeroes.  10.000.000 kilograms=10Kt.

The second is a break chute. With large bomb it's your only chance. the bomb has to be set up with a large Drag area multiplier (that increases drag when the chute is open). Needless to say bomb needs the Retarded flag checked. Also check the base Drag (subsonic AND supersonic as well) which should not be a default 0.1 or 0.2.  If you release when supersonic, the supersonic drag counts, till it slows down. Both is important.. while I'm not sure the "chute" can actually slow the bomb in the vertical against gravity, but certainly slows it in the horizontal vector - that should create a big enough difference between you and the released bomb.