Wrench

X Wing remod?

for those that haven't see the video on Facebook, or even heard of this -- and I hadn't until this morning! -- this is the website for a complete facelift of the XWing game

http://www.moddb.com/mods/xwvm

• Like 7

I hope this come off, just re purchased the Star wars collection on Steam, X-wing, Tie Fighter, and Alliance are still as good as they ever were, just the graphics now are so date they give you a headache lol, Allaiance is ok though, but X-wing and Tie need a lot of love to bring them up to a nice standard.

they look good. I will take a stab at it when it is out 

Sweet! I'm liking this trend of remastering and giving face lifts to older games. This was one of those game I kinda wanted to get into, but since I spent most of my time playing FreeSpace 2 instead, it fell by the wayside. By the time I got interested in it again, it was really starting to show it's age (plus various computers over the years having little shitfits and refusing to run the game! :( ). Gonna keep my eye on this.

Great find Wrench. I am remembering how it was for me when the Wing Commander Saga team made their mod in the FreeSpace 2 source code project engine. Seeing all of those WC3 ships with relatively modern graphics was incredible and this looks like it will do the same for X-Wing. I hope that the XWVM team properly makes the correct capital ship models like the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade project did.   

me wants!!

Same

I always loved to fly XWings

Some news on moddb, it seems to advance

(pre alpha in March, latest comments in june)

Hello everyone,

as the question for a release date comes up from time to time:

Before we'll do a full release, you're going to see a Y-Wing Demo containing the Y-Wing Historical Missions only at first.

However, there are a few major blockers to resolve, including replacing any placeholder assets.
The assets include:
-The Nebulon-B Frigate from "Star Wars: Galaxies"
-The Corellian Corvette by Dart Flodis (thanks for providing it)
-The Stormtrooper Transport by the XWAUP
-The Bulk Freighter's body by the XWAUP

The good news is that progress is being made in building our own assets, even though it may take a while until everything is finished.

If you are curious about which assets are still missing, you can check out our Assets Progress Table:
Docs.google.com

Thank you all for your continued support.
Even though we can't promise a release date at this point, we can promise that you're going to see an official release of "X-Wing Virtual Machine". It's only a matter of time. 1f642.png

Edited by jeanba
  • Like 2