Geezer

European Ground Objects

Looks like the buildings are done, so now I'm working on vehicles and targets.  WIP shots of German command truck below.  All of the buildings and most of the figures and vehicles can be used in both 1938 and Bulge mods.

post-39531-0-23358200-1487523660_thumb.jpg

post-39531-0-63781900-1487523671_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Shot of most, but not all, buildings.  Still have lots of figures and vehicles to finish.  When these Bulge versions are done, the snowy roofs will be deleted and sent to Gterl for testing in FE.

post-39531-0-02471200-1487528473_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

On the home stretch - most of the buildings, figures, and vehicles are done.  But...some of them still need a little tweaking.  :biggrin:

Most of the buildings and vehicles can be used in FE maps.

post-39531-0-42487800-1487897657_thumb.jpg

Hi guys, just Wow!! Geezer, Big work here, wonderful!

karl2c

Thanks.  I should transition back to SCW objects in a few weeks - they will look even better in FE's more realistic game world.

post-39531-0-39532300-1487933320_thumb.jpg

post-39531-0-72082200-1487933336_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

The Battered Bastards of Bastogne...

post-39531-0-13342100-1487955049_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

While a couple of items need more work, most of the Bulge stuff is done. 

post-39531-0-07318200-1488037740_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Excellent new ground objects Geezer! :good:
You are a real artist!

• Like 1

Excellent new ground objects Geezer! :good:

You are a real artist!

Thanks.  Making computer game stuff is a good hobby for an old geezer - keeps me interested and involved.  I should wrap up the Bulge objects pretty soon and then release them in First Eagles: reduce 63% for FE game maps, remove snow from artwork, plus add some walls and farm animals.  Then, I'll resume work on the Spanish Civil War stuff.

post-39531-0-18953500-1488543570_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Very impressive works!!! :good:

4 hours ago, acesfakia said:

...Where are the ground objects Geezer!  ....? 

Most of those objects can be found in the Battle of the Bulge terrain I put together. It's available here: https://combatace.com/files/file/16575-sf2-ww2-battle-of-the-bulge-terrain/

Now that you mention it, I should compile all of Geezer's SF-2 sized "Bulge Objects" in one package, with both winter and summer textures. Some day......

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, acesfakia said:

...Where are the ground objects Geezer!  ....? 

Thanks to Baffmeister for posting some of the stuff above.  I just kinda forgot about releasing this stuff - comes with old age! :biggrin:

What specifically are you looking for?  63% for First Eagles, or 100% for Strike Fighters?

• Like 1

both will be Great. Will be use in ww2 also.....!!!!! Fantastic work  Thank you.

16 hours ago, baffmeister said:

Most of those objects can be found in the Battle of the Bulge terrain I put together. It's available here: https://combatace.com/files/file/16575-sf2-ww2-battle-of-the-bulge-terrain/

Now that you mention it, I should compile all of Geezer's SF-2 sized "Bulge Objects" in one package, with both winter and summer textures. Some day......

Yes Thank you.

On 10.3.2019 at 12:56 AM, Geezer said:

63% for First Eagles, or 100% for Strike Fighters?

Sorry for the interruption, but where is this 63% scale for First Eagle objects is coming from?
I know that stock SF2 game (including First Eagles 2) objects are of 100% size. I also know that Wings Over Vietnam (the only SF1 game I have) stock objects are of 100% size. Therefore I suppose that First Eagles stock objects are of 100% size too.
To be sure, can someone please measure some First Eagle objects with the LODViewer and compare it with real life size.

33 minutes ago, mue said:

Sorry for the interruption, but where is this 63% scale for First Eagle objects is coming from?
I know that stock SF2 game (including First Eagles 2) objects are of 100% size. I also know that Wings Over Vietnam (the only SF1 game I have) stock objects are of 100% size. Therefore I suppose that First Eagles stock objects are of 100% size too.
To be sure, can someone please measure some First Eagle objects with the LODViewer and compare it with real life size.

As I have said before, the 63% figure is per Wrench.  I suggest you ask him.

Wrench
Known As Bob.
Wrench
ADMINISTRATOR

23,709 posts

Posted September 11, 2016
now, with the visuals, its MUCH more clear. the 63% object just seem to "look right" against the ground.

There's always been a scaling problem in the 3w games. But, there always seems to be a work around! 

Terraformer Extraordinaire
Making the Game Look Like the Real World Since 2007
"We are the Princes of the Ini-verse"
"A little bit of something, is better than a whole lot of nothing"

Edited by Geezer
  • Like 1

As TK reduced the First Eagles ground tile size in an effort to improve map appearance at low altitude, the ground objects appear to have been reduced in size also.

Guuruu, myself, and LloydNB have been discussing stuff for a 1940 desert war theme.  Progress hots below show Italian vehicle development.  The first two shots are 100% sized vehicles on an SF sized tile.  Second two shots show 63% vehicles on an FE sized tile.

Italian Airfield SF Tile.jpg

Italian Airfield SF Tile-1.jpg

Italian Airfield FE Tile.jpg

Italian Airfield FE Tile-1.jpg

Close up shot of WIP Italian vehicles and guns.

test-9.jpg

• Like 5