View File FM Tweaks for WOFFue
Hello fellow flyers of WOFFue,
You will find enclosed in the attached zip file 19 tweaked FMs for engined-up aircraft currently not present in WOFFue: a 150hp Fokker Dr.1, a late Albatros D.II 180hp, a Nieuport 25/27 165hp variant, a tuned up late Sopwith Tripe, a tweaked Nieu. 28, a tuned up Fokk. Eindecker IIa, a late Sopwith Pup, the rare Nieu. 23bis, a field mod of the Alb. D.I, and three variants of the SPAD 7 (150/180/220hp). Also included is a tweaked two-gun Tripe, Camel and Fokk. D.VII variants. Please read the enclosed "Read Me" file for more info. on the FM tweaks. The FM tweaks are JSGME program enabled, for convenience. Simply move the aircraft folders that you will find into the MODS folder of your WOFF user directory, toggle on/off with the JSGME enabler, and go fly. A big thank you to all the WOFFue modders and the good folks at OBD Software for making such an enjoyable sim. Those who fly these 19 and similar models in First Eagles 2 will become comfortable quickly with the FM tweaks, since they are similar across both sims.
NOTE: Only load one of the SPAD 7 variants at a time via the JSGME enabler, since WOFFue only holds one SPAD 7 folder that can be modded. The same rule applies to the 110 and 130hp Camel variants.
Submitter VonS Submitted 08/08/2018 Category Modding Tools and Add-on Software
View File 'What if' KAW Hawker Hunter F.1 with Campiagn
'What if' KAW Hawker Hunter F.1A & F.1B with campiagn 1.0
The back story:
In order to meet the Mig-15 threat over Korea and with no capable fighters currently in the RAF inventory the British Ministry of Supply instructs Hawker Aviation to undertake a crash production program of its P.1067 fighter. Project ‘Huntsman’. In less than a year since the prototype flew and two years ahead of schedule the Hawker Hunter is deployed to the Korean Theatre in early 1952. Since the Hunter F.1 designation was already assigned to the first full production Hunters due into service in 1954, the Hunters produced under program ‘Huntsman’ are (unusually) designated Hunter F.1A
These aircraft are basically identical to the future production Hunter F.1 the most obvious difference being that they are finished in High Speed Silver. However the lack of paint means these Hunters are 21 Mph faster and 53Kg lighter than the full production F.1 Hunters.
Operations over Korea immediately highlighted the Hunters inherent shortcomings. Of most concern was its lack of fuel and endurance with barely an hour’s flight time. Also of concern was the damage done to the fuselage caused by the ejection of spent cartridge links. These concerns (among others) would be addressed in time by future models of the Hunter, but in the skies of Korea in 1952 the lack of range and endurance had to be immediately mitigated. And thus the Hunter F.1B is born with the addition of wing mounted drop tanks installed in theatre.
What's in it:
- Hawker Hunter F.1A
- Hawker Hunter F.1B
- Various RAF 43 and 222 Squadron Skins in Camo and High Speed Silver.
- NOTE: The camo skins are included as a bonus but the aircraft data.ini files are set up to reflect the high speed silver skins as I have included the weight reduction and increased speed that comes without using camo paint. I found the figures I used in an article about the trial OD green Sabres in Korea.
- Modified Korea Campaign using the Hunters. This will not change the original campaign in any way, you will see an additional campaign called 'Korean War Hunters Over Korea' that you can select. Missions will be similar to the Sabre, No 43 Squadron is based at Suwon AB (K-13) and No. 222 Squadron at Kimpo AB (K-14).
- NOTE: this mod can be added to the Wings Over Korea mod without any change what so ever to the original game play. You will never see these Hunters show up over Korea unless you play the above included campaign or start a single mission with a Hunter.
- canopy open key=10 automatic closing at take off
- Designed to be used with the Wings Over Korea mod but should work without it.
- Put everything in you main StrikeFighters2 KAW mods folder
- Get the Wings Over Korea mod here:
- Third Wire
- Paulopanz Hunter F.1 Skins & Edits for SF2
- Sundowner Hunter F6 Templates.
- Do335 Wings Over Korea
- Evryone else in the WOK/ KAW team
Released under CombatAce Fair-Use terms.
Submitter dtmdragon Submitted 03/02/2015 Category What If Hangar
View File WOFF Westen Front Airfield Maps
This is the second version of my airfield mapping for Wings: Over Flanders Fields. Credit goes to Rabu for his Flanders map that he has allowed me to use to map airfields on. The Paris map was created entirely by myself. The others were public domain and the airfield data came from WOFF itself. Please do not repost or change and distribute without crediting rabu and myself.
Submitter chrispdm1 Submitted 12/21/2013 Category Maps, Missions, and Campaigns