Sign in to follow this  
TheStig

Weird F-14D won't arrest on carrier landing

Hi, looks like my Super Tomcats I downloaded do not properly trap on carrier landings. Yes, I have the hook down. The suckers just don't want to grab a cable. I can land a stock F-14A from SF2NA after a couple scotches on the rocks and still trap.

So it is not the pilot. Anyone have trap issues with any other downloaded aircraft?

Which version of the F-14D are you flying, and which aircraft carrier are you using?  While we had tested this before releasing SP 1.31, and hadn't encountered the problem before, I just flew some missions to verify and had no issues trapping the F-14Ds from the Super Pack on the stock TW carriers.

I am flying the 96 F-14D. 06 does it too

I can't seem to re-create the problem; they're trapping for me.  Only thing I can think of off the top of my head is maybe approach angle/connection with the deck?  The SP hooks are slightly less deflected and slightly shorter (by data) than the TW F-14 hooks.  Here's the entries in the data.inis:

TW F-14A

[Tailhook]
SystemType=ARRESTER_HOOK
MaxDeflection=60.0
Retractable=TRUE
DeployTime=2.0
ModelNodeName=tailhook_pivot
HookArmLength=2.70
AttachmentPosition=0.0,-6.72,-0.28

F-14SP v1.31 F-14D_96 and 06:
[Tailhook]
SystemType=ARRESTER_HOOK
MaxDeflection=50.0
Retractable=TRUE
DeployTime=1.0
ModelNodeName=Hook
HookArmLength=2.353
AttachmentPosition=0.0,-6.866,-0.717

I used the TW length and it traps no problem now. I will just keep it that way. Thank you for your support.

• Like 2