Sign in to follow this  
Geary

Need Israeli Air Force Camo Pattern Help

Can someone please tell me the approximate year start and end dates the Israeli Air Force began and ended using the 2-tone and 3-tone camoflage patterns?

For instance:

2-tone brown and blue:
Start Date Year= ?
End Date Year= ?

3-tone brown, sand and green:
Start Date Year= ?
End Date Year= ?

Thanks for any help.

Geary

Check out the textureset.ini files of the (stock SF2) Israeli skins.

start dates should be acurate...

Edited by 7eleven

Thanks.  I hadn't thought of that.

some aircrafts adopted camos in different years.

some aircrafts adopted camos in different years.

Yeah, that what I thought. 

I'm trying to setup my '48 - '56 Israel install.  I keep getting Israeli camo popping up on planes when I don't think it was used.  But without definitive information I'm at a standstill.

About the F-4E they received in South-East Asia camo, I read it took 10 years to have all of them in standard IAF standard camo scheme because each was repainted only after heavy maintenance.

Not a simple question,

but indicatively around the 1957/58 'til the 1968 the planes (Ouragan,Vautor,SMB2,)used the Blue/Brown camo.

In the 1968,with the arrival of the A-4s,IAF start adopt the Sand/Brown/Green livery that survived with the A-4 and F-4 until withdrawal from service of the types.

But even so,can be some little difference on the shade of some camo's colors.For example the green in the Ahit fresh from the McDonnell factory was different from the one of Israeli manufacture.

If you need somethings of more specific ask without problem.

In the Suez War ( indicatively the timeframe you set up),the piston engined birds used the two tones camo and the fast jet was left in natural metal.

Not completely sure about the Mosquito,I need check my books.

Gianni

Edited by RustyKurnass

Not a simple question,

but indicatively around the 1957/58 'til the 1968 the planes (Ouragan,Vautor,SMB2,)used the Blue/Brown camo.

In the 1968,with the arrival of the A-4s,IAF start adopt the Sand/Brown/Green livery that survived with the A-4 and F-4 until withdrawal from service of the types.

But even so,can be some little difference on the shade of some camo's colors.For example the green in the Ahit fresh from the McDonnell factory was different from the one of Israeli manufacture.

If you need somethings of more specific ask without problem.

In the Suez War ( indicatively the timeframe you set up),the piston engined birds used the two tones camo and the fast jet was left in natural metal.

Not completely sure about the Mosquito,I need check my books.

Gianni

Thanks,

I think I'll go with brown/blue 2-tone from 56/57 to 68 and 3-tone from 68 forward.

My problem was flying natural metal P-51D's in the '48 War of Independence and having 2-tone Mustangs also flying. Didn't seem right.  Then in 56 having 2-tone and 3-tone planes flying around.