Sign in to follow this  
Danstein

Where could I play WoV/SF in multiplayer?

I would like sometimes play WoV and SF in multiplayer. I have Hyperlobby but there is nobody very often except Steakeagle`s server.

Does anybody know hyperlinks to WoV/SF MP servers?

Yes. There is only one server but nobody playing. I can't establish server. I haven't a public IP and I am behind router with firewall in our community network. My friend has the same problem.

If you try hyperlobby in the evenings during weekdays and at random times on the weekends, you will find there are 20 or more people regularly playing WoV online. I am the only person that leaves a server up all the time in the hopes of attracting more players, but others can and do host since they don't like the hard settings on my server ;)

If you look up at the top of this forum, you might find topic that explains what you need to do to join a server in spite of firewalls and routers along with a lot of other useful guidance... try here:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=8452

Once you overcome your firewall / router issues, I think you will find it easy to host games yourself. Then you can control the settings and decide whether you want to dogfight or fly co-op missions. Good luck!

Hi, Streakeagle. Your settings are good. My friend has problem to connect to your server. He has only essential WoV instalation + SP1 + SP2 + SP3 and can`t connect to you. He has connected earlier.

I have another problem. I connected to your server with my friend Squawk_CZ several months ago but we can`t connect to your server at the same time for last 3 or 2 month. Only one of us (the faster player - man who starts connection as first) is able to connect to your server. The WoV of the second player is waiting for connection but don`t connect. We are from other cities and can`t solve the problem.

I don't know what causes this, but it has happenend to me. When certain individuals were on my server, I couldn't join with my other PC. If I got in first, they couldn't join. I always assumed it had something to do with my router. But my router should have little to do with two different people trying to join from the internet.

I don't know what could be doing this besides someone's router's NAT behaving funny. I don't know how Hyperlobby or SFP1/WOV could be causing that kind of problem?

Maybe it has something to do with the some kind of conflict between the ISPs? I have Roadrunner.

You can eliminate Hyperlobby as a possible contributor to this problem by using a batch file to join by IP.

Edited by streakeagle

The problem wasn`t 3 or 4 months ago. We connected correctly.

I and Squawk_CZ conect by Hamachi (virtual LAN software) without any problem now. We fighted with Doghouse once by Hamachi and all was correct.

Hi, Streakeagle. Your settings are good. My friend has problem to connect to your server. He has only essential WoV instalation + SP1 + SP2 + SP3 and can`t connect to you. He has connected earlier.

I have another problem. I connected to your server with my friend Squawk_CZ several months ago but we can`t connect to your server at the same time for last 3 or 2 month. Only one of us (the faster player - man who starts connection as first) is able to connect to your server. The WoV of the second player is waiting for connection but don`t connect. We are from other cities and can`t solve the problem.

I have witnessed someone else experiencing similar problems and reported this behavior to TK, but I need more details. What kind of connections were you and your friend using?

i.e. dialup modem, dsl, or cable?

routers?

firewalls?

We are connected by WiFi. We have routers. Firewalls are turned on. We have the same problem if our firewalls are turned off. I use Zone Alarm and my friend has Kerio firewall. The routers settings should be the same for last 6 months