Isn´t the Vautour AI in sf2 Israel?

Have you made it flyable?

If you have installed Veltro´s Vautour, the skins won´t fit.

and you have to make sure, that all files are installed correct in the SF2 Israel mod folder.

I've installed the eburger68's Extension Pack in a 5 full merged game;I can play with the Vautour without problem,the only issue is the skin that is completely black.

The skin is the one edited by wilco if remember correctly.

In single mission the -IIN and -IIB have the skin but not the -IIA.

Also in the YKW campaign with the F-4,last night I finished a mission and in the debriefing screen I was informed that my Squadron was upgraded to the F-4 (73) version.Nothig of special,already see thousand time,I exit from the game and turn off the PC.

Today when continuing the campaign,and also in the single mission,the F-4s radar don't work! look as turned on,but I can't switchfunction range,ecc,don't scan and even impossible to shut down....

About the inoperable radar this is how look.

IsGqP0.jpg

And until you don't choose a weapons,even the gunsight isn't showed.

Worried that I can't use smart weapons,I tried a Single Mission ,a strike with GBU-15 in the 1982 and the radar work normally...so what can be the problem?

Good days guys,

still with the same problems...

The Vautour pit look perfect,

emjKpH.jpg

But the skin is still miss

AbpRUQ.jpg

tN5SyL.jpg

And the F-4 Kurnass radar is still unusable,this left me ( not the wingmen ) without Sparrow!

Strangely,the basic F-4E Kurnass and the EAF one don't have problems.

P.S.

I noted that the F-4E (73),(75) and (78) have a lot more items in the folder and a Cockpit folder not present in the basic Kurnass.

Gianni

Edited by RustyKurnass

RustyKurnass,

I had the same problem with the skin not showing up.

The VautourIIA.INI file is set to read-only in properties.  It is also missing the [TextureSet001] entry.

You must uncheck the read-only check box in properties.  Save the file.  Then run the game.  The texture should show up and add the [TextureSet001] entry to the VautourIIA.INI file.

Then you can check the read-only box in properties again.

This worked for me.  Hope it works for you.

Geary

Thanks Geary ,now it work!!!!! :dance2:

Any idea about the F-4 radar?

It is like in the image I've posted above ,look freezed,without any sign of the scanning line,I can't shift function,turn it on/off,nothing!

I'm not sure what the problem is with the radar in the F-4_Kurnass_73 but I replaced it with the F-4_Kurnass_73 from my SF2I install and the radar works.

The problem I have with this replacement is I'm not sure if there were modifications made to the Israel XP F-4_Kurnass-73 radar.

It seems the problem with the F-r Kurnass_73 radar is in the F-4E_KURNASS_73_AVIONICS.INI file.

I don't know if eburger68 modified the radar for this plane and if so, what his intent may have been, but it works with the F-4E_KURNASS_73_AVIONICS.INI file from the SF2 Israel install.

It seems the problem with the F-r Kurnass_73 radar is in the F-4E_KURNASS_73_AVIONICS.INI file.

I don't know if eburger68 modified the radar for this plane and if so, what his intent may have been, but it works with the F-4E_KURNASS_73_AVIONICS.INI file from the SF2 Israel install.

I can't find the AVIONICS_INI in any of my games folders in the SavedGames/bla bla... only F-4E_KURNASS_73.INI

Try just removing the F-4E_KURNASS_73_AVIONICS.INI file to some other place and see if the radar works then.

or, just simply rename the file...and make the necessary "pointer" adjustment in the aircraft's main ini...

(example below)

[AircraftData]

AircraftFullName=F-4E Kurnass (73)
AircraftShortName=Kurnass
AircraftDataFile=F-4E_Kurnass_73_data.INI
LoadoutFile=F-4E_Kurnass_73_loadout.INI
UserList=F-4E_Kurnass_73_UserList.INI
CockpitDataFile=F-4E_Kurnass_73_cockpit.INI
LoadoutImage=F-4E_Kurnass_73_loadout.TGA
HangarScreen=F-4E_Kurnass_73_hangar.JPG
LoadingScreen=F-4E_Kurnass_73_Loading.JPG
AvionicsDLL=Avionics70.DLL
AvionicsDataFilename=F-4E_Kurnass_73_avionics.INI   <---change this for another STOCK F-4E's avionics ini

What I find interestering in this thread, is NO one has asked the pointed question:

To what mods folder are you installing these and,

Do you actually HAVE SF2:I???

or, just simply rename the file...and make the necessary "pointer" adjustment in the aircraft's main ini...

(example below)

What I find interestering in this thread, is NO one has asked the pointed question:

To what mods folder are you installing these and,

Do you actually HAVE SF2:I???

For any new campaign I've downloaded I created a new .exe copy from a 5 full merged original .exe and I've followed religiously the readme instructions.

For example,in a generic "new" game that I've renamed EuropeMods,I've installed all the European Add-on planes/skins and the Kurnass upgrades 1.2 ( the same present in the SF2I Extension Pack right?) and there work normally.

And ,obviously,I've SF2I

Look like the trick of removing the F-4E_KURNASS_73_AVIONICS.INI work!Thanks again guys.

Another small question ( I know,I'm pedantic...),I've installed the NF-5A from ravenclaw http://combatace.com/files/file/9484-nf-5a-for-sf2-ver102/.

Run perfectly but if want add fuel tanks,they aren't present in the loadout screen.

Edited by RustyKurnass

Hi guys don't know if anyone will see this but im having problems with some of my aircrafts.. some of the the helicopters that i downloaded are not appearing and others such as the f117 nighthawk and p3 Orion appear black.. any suggestions? 

Edited by Reggie

Black planes or objects means, that the skin file does not match the requirements of the LOD file (shape file). It happens, that the LOD wants a JPG file and the skin file is in BMP format, or vice versa.