Sign in to follow this  
ravenclaw_007

ThirdWire Rocket Pods

i just got a mail from a friend that my new LAU-3A is to light compare to the original TW LAU-3 pod , i checked the data and found that the TW pod is using the fully loaded weight and my pod the empty weight

the reason i use the empty weight is that in game the rocket have a own weight and that will add to the total weight

the LAU-3A for example

empty - 35,38 Kg (78,0 Lbs) + 19 rockets each 8,39 Kg (18,563 Lbs)  =  fully loaded 194,79 Kg (429,438 Lbs)

TW weight - 195,05 Kg (430,012 Lbs) + 19 rockets each 8,39 Kg (18,563 Lbs)  =  total weight 354,46 (781,451 Lbs)

with the TW setting you carry with each rocked pod an extra weight of 159,41 Kg (351,439 Lbs) that makes by 4 pod´s 637,64 Kg (1405,756 Lbs) extra weight that is not needed

the reason TW uses the fully loaded weight is that this way the pod´s will not show up on aircraftpylons with a max. load of 190,000 Kg , at least that is my guess

my question is what do you like to have  the real weights or the TW weights ??? i try to finish all the rocket pods i made and need a general decision on that

any comment is welcome

Edited by ravenclaw_007

As I said, real weights for me. There are other ways to limit the loadout of something on a pylon. :)

You put so much effort and talent in making your models look like the real thing, so it would be a shame not to use the real weight.

Real weights, the same way you already made them.

Real weight for me too herr Volker, thanks for your efforts

How real is the setting of the fire rate?

For the soviet pods i can say, that TK's pods fire rate is much to slow. You can empty a UB-16 (in game wrongly designated with UV-16, UB stands for UniversalBlock, dont know for what UV stands) in less than 1 second.

How real is the setting of the fire rate?

For the soviet pods i can say, that TK's pods fire rate is much to slow. You can empty a UB-16 (in game wrongly designated with UV-16, UB stands for UniversalBlock, dont know for what UV stands) in less than 1 second.

the ROF (rds/sec) is sett to 0 , that is the only setting , the LAU-3A and the most other US launcher have the option of single and ripple fire as well as a intervalometer so you have a large variety of launch options i don't think that we really can simulate this

Wasnt the ammount of the rockets in a salvo choosen by the fire control system of the plane or heli?

In soviet systems it was so. You could select salvos of 4, 16, 32 or unlimited.

If you selected 4 and your plan carried two pods, each pod fired 2 rockets. If you had 4 pods, each pod fired only 1 rocket.

real weights...as for first question.

ROF set to 0 (zero)  is best in this game engine.

and i think not all LAU can ripple fire. Only late designs that can fire MK66 motor. But i might  be wrong.

Ripple fire also depends on aircraft managment system.