Sundowner

Cockpit background comms sounds.

Cockpit background comms sounds.

View File

This is a little in cockpit sound mod I've been using to replace the stock sounds, I feel it adds a little extra immersion by adding background radio comms to the cockpit environment..

With the appropriate comms you can set up virtually any aircraft from any nation to play background sounds in the language of your choice, this pack uses RAF/US comms but other languages can easily be added by the end user following my examples.

Sorry , but reading the readme is a must with this mod.

You WILL need to BACKUP some of your files first. !!

• Like 1

downloaded twice, from both download and mirror link, but the file seems corrupted.

Very strange m8, just downloaded & everything is ok.

Strange indeed. unzipping I got the message that the .wav files were corrupted... I will retry.

Changed software, now unpacking with winrar works.

Thanks

Apologies if this is a super newbie question, but how do I find the Aircraft_Data.ini file? I'm trying to apply this to the F-14, but there's only an F-14.ini, which has no [sound] section I can edit, and no sign of an F-14_data.ini.

I'm trying to install to a default, unmodded merged install of Strike Fighters 2

You'll have to extract it from (whichever -I can't remember exactly) ObjectData***.cat that its in. Then, place it in the Tomcat's folder. Make you edits from there, and save.

To find out how use the cat extractor, check in the Knowledge Base -- I don't remember offhand which post it is

EDIT:

both Tomcats are in the ObjectData025.cat