Sign in to follow this  
Mike Dora

Debrief Stats - Gunner Data

This may have been asked before, if so apologies, but how can we get the post-mission Debrief "statistics" screen to list rounds fired/hit for the gunners in 2-seat/multi-seat aircraft?

I sometimes see enemy aircraft shot down by such gunners, and they certainly expend much ammunition, but their efforts are never reflected in the debrief stats. Is there a solution for this please?

Thanks

Mike

None that I'm aware of, think it just racks up as a personal kill, but dont quote me on that, it should show in the log after though then x amount of rounds were fired by x gun , I hadn't really thought about it before truth be known.

Thanks,

I ask because when a 2-gun-type single-seater like an SE5a is involved in combat, the debrief lists rounds fired/hit for both the Vickers & the Lewis (both of which are of course forward-firing).

But when a two-seater like a Bristol Fighter is involved, while the debrief may list both gun types, the forward-firing Vickers & the observer's Lewis, it only shows rounds fired/hit for the forward-firing Vickers, even when the observer has shot down an enemy aircraft - yet such observer kills are properly reflected in the debrief stats. A strange inconsistency.

Mike

I think that was why the dummy gun was added to the gunbus if I remember correctly, think some of the Farmans have it too.......dunno if it could be adapted to other 2 seaters or bombers........a little out of my league doing a mod like that though, maybe Stephen 1918 or Geezer may have an idea on getting that to work ? 

Nope. I'll explain the dummy gun:

In the stock game you have some planes with a gunner. They have also a front fixed gun, but if a fighter attacks them, usually they try to flee (or fight with the front gun if ordered). Meanwhile, te tail gunner fires....

Then there are some new planes with only a front gunner. But the AI keep on the same way. So, these planes are fleeing away, but the AI gunner doesn't fire at the enemy planes, because he's a front gunner and not a tail gunner. Wrong tactics.

So I made a faux front gun managed by the pilot. This way, the pilot will try to attack with it's front gun, and this will keep the enemy plane in the aim of your gunner. Of course, the gunner mill make all the real damage in the enemy plane.

The debrieffing statistics doesn't include the gunners. This was a fighter sim without two seater flyable fighters at the start...

• Like 2

Thanks Ojcar

So if Lt The Hon George Colthurst St Burleigh is the pilot of a two-seater, but can't hit a barn door at five paces with a telescopic sight, and Private S Baldrick is his gunner who repeatedly knocks down hostile aircraft, when it comes to debriefing old Georgie Boy will get all the credit & Baldrick will end up shining the officers' boots?

How in keeping with the period!

Cheers

Mike

• Like 3