Sign in to follow this  
Spudknocker

Help with Nvidia Graphics card

Hey guys! I recently bought a real gaming rig with a nvidia GeForce 1050 TI and an AMD 8 core 4hz processor with 16gb of ram.

Now my question is when I run the game everything works great expect a get huge variations in FPS from 130 fps down to 25fps depending on what's going on. Is there a way to stabilize this? Is it a game issue? Nvidia settings issue or a driver issue? Any ideas? Thanks!

if you got access to nvidia control panel try setting your max frame rendering to zero,, and tweak other settings to see if you can get a stable frame rate every card is different and I also have found new drivers aren't always the best on older games. Plus flying in WOV-1 I have found that the more ai aircraft that is in your area takes a great hit on your frame rate ,, so if you take a big hit check your map to see how much ai is in the area

Edited by yubba

Thanks yubba I will try the prerendered frames... I had it set to 1 cuz of a video I saw on youtube about best settings for nvidia graphics, although that was probably for more modern games...

In a different twist I thought it was really interesting how having graphics set to high killed the frame rate and having it set to unlimited was the best

I get hammered with so much ai flying in WOV-1,, I have the game set up with WOV 1984 and patched,, even in the earlier campaigns Rolling Thunder and the Line Backer campaigns there is a vast amount of ai up,, and I get a bunch of stutter

Thanks yubba I will try the prerendered frames... I had it set to 1 cuz of a video I saw on youtube about best settings for nvidia graphics, although that was probably for more modern games...

In a different twist I thought it was really interesting how having graphics set to high killed the frame rate and having it set to unlimited was the best

I noticed that as well with my low end Nvidia card, better performance with most settings set to max. The main limiting settings for me are shadows and viewing distance.

FPS variation is normal you can lock it using Vertical sync...........which tries to keep it around 60fps or a multiple from what I remember. I don't use that in SF but do on some other games. You can also set it to adaptive in NVIDIA settings...............its often a case of making a change and testing each time with these settings.