Turn the F-104 into the menace it was meant to be,,, you start by installing the 15E avionics,,, then copy all the contents of 15E cockpit file and paste into the F-104's cockpit file I say all because it's easier,, of course you want to edit the config file to look like this

[AircraftData]
AircraftFullName=F-104G Starfighter
AircraftShortName=F-104
AircraftDataFile=F-104G_data.ini
CockpitDataFile=F-104G_cockpit.ini
HangarScreen=F-104G_hangar.bmp
LoadoutImage=F-104G_loadout.bmp
LoadoutFile=F-104G_loadout.ini
AvionicsDLL=Avionics70.dll
AvionicsDataFilename=F-15E_avionics.ini

now with this set up you can carry sparrows by going to your Data ini add SAHM to wing tip stations and mid wing pylons and you get this and a HUD with a bomb ccip sight 

index.php?app=gallery&module=images&sect

A add little bonus a little red light will light up when in range with sparrow it is located  left of the hud glass on the bracket looking thing mid way up hud glass

yes, it's called the....   

wait for it...

F-104S ASA

and

F-104S ASA-M

was done over 10 years ago.

moving along..

• Like 1

wait for it,,,,  F-104 Gee whiz  10 years ago you say never saw it,, easier to make it,, whanna provide a link to make sure I didn't miss somethin. did it have a hud like mine ????  2 years ago most stuff here didn't.. thanks that's a nice plane,, went and downloaded the f-104s put the f-15e avionics in it now we got something with a hud thanks for pointing that out 2 birds with one stone tonight.

Edited by Wrench

too lazy to search for yourself, eh??

OK then....here's a listing for JUST the SF1/Wo* series:

the original release 12/2006

http://combatace.com/files/file/1439-f-104s/

my 104S-ASA-M mod pack, 7/2007

http://combatace.com/files/file/4893-f-104s-asa-m-starfighter-mods/

spilone104's full 104S series mod pack, 5/2010

http://combatace.com/files/file/10940-f-104s-mod-pack/

so, by my calculations (albeit from Los Angeles School System's mathematics...), 2006 to 2017 is "more than ten years".

anything else that need clarifications?

• Like 1

did it have a hud like mine ????  2 years ago most stuff here didn't.. 

No, most things did not have huds... reason being they're not supposed to. To the best of my knowledge no F-104, anywhere, ever... had a hud fitted...

the 104S-ASA-M may have. I'd have to dig out my Zipper books and triple check. But "the usual sources" are (predictalby) vague on the subject

There's no HUD on the ASA-M, just the gunsight and pipper.

There are also no Sparrows on the wing-tips as the wings/ tip-launchers can't handle the weight.

The F-104S introduced another wing-station (between the "normal" wing-station of the A,C,G and the tip-station) to carry the Sparrow or a Sidewinder.

Edited by Toryu
  • Like 1

May I remind you this is the what if section,,, you didn't get my play on words,, Gee Whiz stands for a stock F-104G dolled up to the max. and you were so kind to get me a link to the F-104S though alittle late but other folks can get it ,, I have had it dolled up way before your last post,not quick enough,, with the F-15E avionics and fixed the rudder problem by changing the reveres properties to true in the rudder section of Data ini. and added SAHM to all stations except center line now too name it ,,, wait for it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  F-104  wait for it,,,,, SUPER WHIZ,,now in my best mad scientist laugh  BBBHAAAH HA, HA, HA ,HA HA HA,

Edited by yubba