Sign in to follow this  
Marat

Ground objects issue

Dear friedns. Please help with this issue.

I want to use taliban troops and Taliban DSHK in Afghanistan terrain. But if I put them in the Ground objects Folder they will appear in every terrain. How to make it be usable only in this terrain and not to appear in the other ones? What is to be done?

Open data.ini for this object, set Exported=False and make sure that the nation name of the object is not appearing on other terrains.

Did everything this way. Set Exported=False in the objectdata.ini. The nation name is not mentioned in the nations ini terrain. But the object successfuly appears anyway in other terrain. Do not know why((

What is the NationName=?

Afghanistan or Soviet?

Anyway, for Afghanistan it would be better to have a single installation. It has something to do with the nations.ini

To have Afghanistan terrain working properly all nations, without Afghanistan, are friendly, even the soviets are friendly.

Edited by Gepard

Ok! Step by step) What I have done with Afghanistan terrain. I made a separate terrain for Soviet 1979-1989 campaign in order to use Soviet aircrafts against Afghanistan Taliban troops for which case I created a new nation name Afghanistan Taliban and made it friedly against enemy Soviets. For soviets I changed all targets from Friendly to Enemy in order to use the airfields. It went OK. The problem occurred with the friendly groundobjects which appeared in the terrain: like US tanks, AAAs etc. That is not true of course, as talibans did not have them. I limited the nationlist in this terrain, but the US and other NATO troops appeared anyway. Then I though if I make a separate talibanline in the Formation.ini in the Flight Folder. It did not help, cause US groundobjects appeared anyway. I understand that the situation is to be US Vs Soviet and the third force cannot be installed. The terrain is OK, the idea for Soviet campaign is OK, but I'm afraid nothing can be done rather than having a separate Wings over Afghanistan as you said before. I just wanted to have these terrains in my WOE. The same problem is with Aghsnistan terrain I left for NATO campaign from 2001 till present - created a new Aghanistan Talibans nation and some other work as well. But Soviet tanks appeared as well. So I'm stuck now and do not know what to do