Sign in to follow this  
Skyviper

Man in the High Castle ...

A damn good show. My friend knows the person who edits the sound for that show too. I'd drop the dude a line ... but I need him working on Season 3. :biggrin:

I was surprised to learn that Season 2 the director quit mid season. They said it was run like a republic to which I said "Forget finding another director then. They did a good job by themselves". I'm so excited to see what's coming up this next season.

So what do you like or not like about it?

See I got Amazon prime which means my butt is going to be marathon watching Seasons 1-2 again.

I've only seen the pilot so far, main issue is just how exactly the Germans/Japanese were supposed to accomplish a successful overwhelming invasion of North America in the first place.

Craig

The A-Bomb helped out with that.

I understand what you're saying I don't recall a lot of detail (other than the A-Bomb) about what lead to their victory. But there are few things that I think about which allow me to somewhat see how things could work in this "what if" world.

What if the Americans failed at Midway. That Battle could have gone either way. A few random events helped out with the Americans winning. That and some skill. The Japanese were fighting in the blind working on old information to begin with. Had they known exactly where the  US Carriers were that battle may have gone differently.

Or what if the Germans won the Battle of the Bulge. Or rolled out their Jet Fighters sooner. Or didn't invade Russia. More resources could've been committed to fighting the Allies. What if the Germans didn't by the fact that Patton was coming from Africa?

During the Battle of the Bulge when Patton was "rescuing" the 101st. He left behind a unit that wreaked havoc on the Germans. The Germans sent an elite armored unit to go fight the remnant instead of sending them to fight the bulk of Patton's forces. Had that unit remained committed the Allies would've suffered greatly.

I could very well be wrong. But the little I know. There was skill, preparedness, and people who knew how to take advantage of opportunities when they presented themselves.

it's superbly done.

can't wait for season 3.

without giving too much away, the last episode of season 2 send chills down my spine.  It was REALLY well done...and exceedingly frightening.

it's superbly done.

can't wait for season 3.

without giving too much away, the last episode of season 2 send chills down my spine.  It was REALLY well done...and exceedingly frightening.

Yes it was. Some things I didn't see coming, but that one thing at the end. I kind of wondered about. It was a lovely surprise still. The reason I wondered about that was something I saw when, Juliana, got the information to check out a location. It looked as if someone had been there, but they didn't linger too much on that, as they quickly moved to lay certain things to rest.

That entire episode was awesome. With John being so methodical, I kind of wonder if his plan will still work out the way he said it would. Just not the way we think it will now that the camping trip is cancelled. Or that could be something to come back and get him despite his promotion. That is if Jo doesn't get to him first. Then maybe Jo will use that information against him.

I'll just wait and see.

I've only watched the pilot, but I've read the book. The main thing is FDR gets assassinated in the mid-30s. His replacement is much weaker and the war ends in 47 I think? Also I think Heydrich does not get assassinated.

The main points are on the Wiki page for the book.

• Like 1

I've only watched the pilot, but I've read the book. The main thing is FDR gets assassinated in the mid-30s. His replacement is much weaker and the war ends in 47 I think? Also I think Heydrich does not get assassinated.

The main points are on the Wiki page for the book.

Oh, thank you for clearing that up. I'll check out the wiki.

I still have my copy of the book buried somewhere in/on the bookcase.  The show diverges quite a bit from the book, but that's ok by me!

• Like 2