NIELS

WTR - When Thunder Rolled - Is it still in the works?

Off the radar, is it still going to happen? Haven't heard anything in a long time. Looked damn good for the SF2 series..................Hoping/wondering.  :search:

• Like 2

For me this answer is too enigmatic, or my English is not as good as I thought.

Name:
WTR Admin (admin@whenthunderrolled.com)
Date:
5/5/2017 3:58:55 PM
Subject:
@Streak

Not sure how a forum being gone necessarily implies the project is gone but that is expected speculation. What is fact, is we were overly optimistic regarding the level of committed support we would need and receive, but anyway thanks kindly for your well wishes.

Name:
Stephen Flores (streak_eagle@hotmail.com)
Date:
5/5/2017 12:52:36 AM
Subject:
Death of the Project

The WTR forum on Combat Ace is long gone. I (and many others following this project) have surmised that this project is no more. I could tell from the pace of development that the chance of this project ever being completed was slim. But I am still sad to see that progress has come to a complete stop. Best wishes to everyone that put time and effort into this celebration of Ed Rasimus and F-105 history.
Edited by MICHOO

Damn....................Looked outstanding for a THUD Lover's addition to this series. RIP Ed Rasimus. Thank you Sir, and those past, present, and future for 'Fighting the Good Fight'

VR NIELS

Edited by NIELS

The project itself was going slow at a point, but steady, they did a great job with their rework of the cloud and particel effects. Their 3D models were really great and optimzed for mass use in big formations.

I was really waiting for it to come out 

• Like 2

I wonder what will happen with the "magic stuff" they had in their hands, some of them can be very interedting.

Agreed, the environmental effects looked fantastic! Would be nice to have a go at some of their mods/tweeks for the series...............Damn shame this addition wasn't attainable. Maybee the WTR team is still covertly working the project..............Wishful thinking  :scratch:

• Like 1

Thank you for your interest, yes we are still working on the project.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

And in 2018 the demand for at least one "red-side" aircraft has finally made the development road map...

WTR_M17_WIP.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1